Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Alexander Shulgin

The melting pot is wonderful, every culture has thrived because of it , Andrew Sullivan former New Republic editor is someone that the homogenis natives will get a real kick out of !

GB news viewers !

I'd say most dont remember NO BLACKS , NO DOGS , NO IRISH , we were lower than an animal in 7080s Britain ! I also recall a black family being moved into the projects in sth Boston 1989 , the man was shot dead , I found 2nd & 3rd generation Irish & italialns virulent racists , for no good reason other than that's how they were raised ! I

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

That's well said ! Also the reason why African Americans have Irish surnames since that's whose plantations they worked for less than a subsistence income !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Monosyllabic replies say it all ! Like the little englanders attitude to little boats , you should read more , broaden your vocab & horizon !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

A report by the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration & Youth claimed that evidence from LGBT residents of direct provision accommodation suggests there is a ‘culture of homophobia and transphobia’ in asylum centers and is accepted due to the “backgrounds” of residents. So a government report based on the self-reported experiences of 12 people was needed to state that muslims and africans are homophobic and transphobic.

This must be the pushback against LGBT rights Varakar was on about at the United Nations on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Cordell

---

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭minimary

"'If Ireland has a much higher quality of accommodation, we will see asylum seekers relocate from places like France and England to Ireland. So it's always going to be a very difficult thing to solve,' he said.

Speaking in New York, the Taoiseach said 'we have to' get ahead of the curve in relation to providing suitable emergency accommodation, 'and provide as much emergency, owndoor housing that we can for people who arrive in the country, either as refugees or asylum seekers'."

So he gets it but hes going to do the opposite. I mean surely wouldn't the smart thing to do be to standardise the level of accommodation provided or send people who come from France/UK back as we are allowed to do

The French headlines have been busy in the last week. Multiple reports of rapes and attempted rapes by migrants living in France, and mass immigration show an undeniable correlation.

• In Versailles, a 67y/o woman was murdered by an Algerian national last week but before killing her she suffered a night of torture being tied up, beaten, and raped by the migrant. The Algerian was supposed to be deported in February 2022 but was never enforced.
    • In the town of Tours, another 67y/o suffered an attempted rape by an illegal Sudanese asylum seeker who was interrupted by a neighbor.
    • In Avignon, a 21y/o illegal migrant of unknown nationality was arrested for the sexual assault of a 51y/o woman as she walked home. A neighbor who came to the victim’s aid and forced the attacker to
    • In the Champs-Élysées district of Paris, a student at the ESSEC business school was raped by an illegal Malian national as she walked home.

The few reports that can find released by the French Ministry of the Interior show a total of 12,820 rapes were reported to authorities in 2016, rising to 22,770 in 2020, and to 30,780 in 2021. 2022 arent avalable yet. In 2020 63% of those arrested for sexual assault were non-EU nationals. Is it any wonder 67% of French people no longer feel safe in their own country? Even escaping immigration by choosing emigration and seeking out security in Central & Eastern Europe.

Public opinion from this year so far this year shows the french growing more and more fed up

• 74% of French believe there are too many migrants in France with 72% wanting a referendum on immigration. A survey from 2021 asked the same question showing that 68% of young people aged 18-24 y/o were in favor of the vote, 25-34 y/o (60%), 35-49 y/o (63%), 50-64 y/o (58%). My guess is that sentiment hasn't changed much.
    • 82% are in favor of an immigration law facilitating deportations, with 39% of LFI supporters, the left.
    • 64% of French against non-European immigration with women being more likely to reject the idea.

These polls generally align with previous polls on the topics, showing the French are overwhelmingly opposed to mass immigration now.

She's just confirming what we all know. Ireland of course wants to be the best boy in class, taking us down the same path ignoring all the warning in the EU over the past decade.

The usual sorts lost the plot when Braverman criticized multiculturalism, of course sharply rejecting any view that it had "failed. They are now being told by Sadiq Khan that "violence in the Middle East can lead to a rise in hate crime in London." That's really something to reflect on. It says an awful lot.

Observing the many videos of people celebrating the atrocities across the EU. The question still stands; Why are we enduring public disputes over a regional conflict thousands of miles away from the West Is this one of the many "failures" of insufficient integration following mass migration that Braverman lamented earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I caught a bit of the Braverman speech live. Afterward I thougt okay lets see what will be said about it in the meida and I thought bet they'll just say she's racist. Later in the evening I tuned into UK radio where it was being discussed. The important guest being asked to comment, dont know who he was, said, "Ordinarly I'd engage intellectually but in this case all I will say is this was a racist speech".

Relatedly I've noticed the state of polical debate in the media has gone downhill in recent years. I tune in to learn something but all you get these days is oh that's dog whistling, she's racist, that's extreme rhetoric, they're far right, she's speaking to her base, etc. The problem is that's all you hear so quite obviously it's a tactic to avoid discussing the actual topic and as a listerner/viewer you come away none the wiser. So I'll just take it Braverman was 100% right then since I haven't heard anyone directly contradict her points.

Henry Kissinger spoke on the celebrations of Hamas and the fallout of their attack on Israel, in Germany.

“It was a grave mistake to let in so many people of totally different cultural and religious and concepts because it creates a pressure group inside each country that does that.” 

Why didn't he say so sooner? This is the same Henry Kissinger who, when presenting the annual Henry A. Kissinger Prize to Angela Merkel in 2020, remarked:

“I am delighted that Chancellor Merkel has been designated honoree of this prize for a number of reasons: her decisive role in shaping an increasingly integrated Europe; her effective steering of Europe’s most powerful economy through the turbulent financial crisis; her fervent backing of the Atlantic alliance in the face of domestic headwinds; and her confronting, head-on, the most challenging wave of migration in a generation.”

In Britain, schools have had to close because of threats made and Jewish kids told not to wear their uniform or anything that identifies them as Jewish pupils were harassed and attacked by pro-Hamas/Palestinian immigrants. A local Jewish community in London also put up posters with the names and faces of the civilians held hostage by Hamas in Gaza. They are asking people to help if they have any information that would help. The posters didn't stay up for long. Angry Hamas female supporters quickly appeared to tear them down. In Dublin, a protest outside the Israeli embassy resulted in all kinds of anti-semitic slurs screamed and the effigy with flowers and lit candles destroyed by the protesters including both a child and their parent draped in the Palestinian flags with the child mimicking their movements.

And just as I finish this a Chechen stabbed a teacher to death and severely wounded two other adults at a school in northern France, it being confirmed as an Islamist terror attack.

Thanks, Merkl

Post edited by 1800_Ladladlad on

According to Sky News, two people have been shot dead using a Kalashnikov in Brussels by immigrant Gunman reportedly shouting "allahu Akbar" during the attack. The two victims are Swedish nationals. On his tik tok he said he was a member of ISIS and wanted to "avenge Muslims." "infidels killed". Is it also related to the Israel-Hamas war and a knock-on effect of mass migration of those from ME countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Caquas

He got 11 years for this utterly shocking sex attack on a total stranger in her own home.

Why was he not charged with attempted rape and attempted murder? He left his victim for dead, locking her in her bathroom and taking her phone so she couldn’t call for help.

Why is this not reported anywhere except Radio Kerry? Why the total lack of media interest in the victim’s “courageous and hard-hitting” statement?

https://www.radiokerry.ie/news/slovakian-man-sentenced-to-11-years-for-unprovoked-tralee-attack-in-which-he-stabbed-woman-nine-times-357767

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Five weeks in the country, Jesus like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭malinheader

And after he finishes his 11 years or less he will still not be deported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭StudentDad

What bugs me about the notion of 'multiculturalism' is probably the title itself. So many people getting bent out of shape when an EU citizen decides to move to another part of the Union. OMG Jimmy from Athens decided to move to Tralee! So what?! When I hear complaints like that it reminds me of someone stopping at a small village and walking into the local shop and getting the, 'this is a local shop, you're not local' attitude.

What bugs me is when Jimmy from Athens is maybe a murdering rapist and nobody cared to check his background which might of possibly saved someone's life being destroyed. And you wonder why alot get the local shop treatment.

No one is against multiculturalism as long as its Done right.

No. Jimmy could very well be from Dublin or Sligo or Donegal. Living in fear isn't living.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I know you don’t think Jimmy is so dumb that he’s likely to put that down on the application form, and I also know that you know the authorities don’t have a crystal ball - they’re no more able to predict what Jimmy could do than what your neighbours might get up to behind closed doors. That’s why it’s so unexpected when something does happen - precisely because nobody expects it to happen.

No one is against multiculturalism as long as its Done right.

I think we can safely conclude that’s simply not true. There are people who have plenty of issues with multiculturalism, for whom it will never be right. Far better things to be doing than trying to appease a tiny minority who don’t care about anything or anyone other than themselves and their own ideas for the way they imagine Irish society should be 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I think you’ve confused the issue by conflating how blow-ins are perceived by the locals, with multiculturalism! 😁

Really not the same thing, so whether Jimmy moved from Athens, Dublin, Donegal or wherever, that’s a single EU citizen migrating from one country to another within the EU.

If he’s packing Ouzo though, he’s more than welcome 😏

I don't think so :) As EU citizens we can move to any part of the Union and live there. So whether the migration is Dublin to Tralee or Athens to Tralee (I don't have an issue with Tralee btw) it's irrelevant. As we move around we add to the mix. It is to my mind anyway a good thing. Does this add to life, yes.

Unbelievable how some people think that everyone coming into the country is looking to work and integrate into society.

My point which might be flying over your heads is multiculturalism is never going to work when we as a country have a free for all on who enters the country.

I was going to say we need tighter controls on who is entering the country but we don't have any to start with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭TokTik

As EU citizens we can move to any part of the union once we can support ourselves and not become a drain on the host country.

Advertisement