Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I seen that Red CS around Cork before it made it's way to Dublin and it stood out, the colour in the flesh is better than any pictures, I reckon, especially in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

3 weeks in, delighted with it. So enjoyable to drive at any speed, BMW have got the setup spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

car looks great.

You’ll have to give a more detailed review than that though.

I’m sure Joe and a few others are looking for reasons to cancel their VW orders!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Trying to get a gauge on the value of my mk7.5 GTI, which is proving difficult due to the lack of them on the market, so hoping you might have a couple of opinions.

Its DSG with 30k km on it, full leather interior. 172 plate.

(Cartell is saying €37k which seems very high)

Any ideas?

Post edited by AlanDeGenerous on

• Advertisement

No mate, mine is still on the drive.

No idea when the CS will be here but that price on the ST is unbelievably high, I'd say at least 3k to high if I was guessing.

It's got about 13,000kms less on the clock than mine but still, it's stupidly high price I think.

Completely ridiculous considering it cost around 23k new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Have you chased up the dealers for an update? Your car’s build is likely stalled too.

€35k private sale would be a fair price imo. As said these are very thin on the ground and that looks like a decent spec. Is it the 245 PP model?

I've not but considering yours is delayed I'm assuming and fearing the worst :o

If it goes long into the year I'll take the hit and wait until 221.

May not get 0% PCP but I'd be confident there will be some sort of deal on for 221 regs.

Edit : I'm actually calling into them tomorrow so I'll let ya know what they say regarding the CS.

Blackwater motors are fairly useless though so I'll try catch the dealer I've been with himself and ask him to see the build update on his system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Thats a non PP 230bhp one so 35K would seems a little strong too me for it but then its low mileage and as you said supply is thin. I would think its worth around 33k. I suppose you could always start higher with the price and drop it if you don't get interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Really nice. I like it a lot more then any Golf, plus it's a lot rarer too.

I went completely dark side and picked up i30N instead of Leon Cupra ( that I was 100% sure will be my next car about a year ago) this week. When I get bored of it, I could definitely see myself in 128ti.

When you set it in "Fun mode" ( which is very customisable), you feel like 19 year old boy racer again. It's just stupid, loud, fun, popping and banging, making people look at you with disappointment. It's brilliant.

On the other side, if you put it in normal mode, it's just a regular hatchback, if it would not be red, it would be invisible. Waaay softer then my baby cupra, which was a shock to me when I got to drive it around my area. Has a lot of toys you would expect only in higher end brands.

Leon cupra is a bit more refined and (DSG) faster from 0 to whatever, but damn, it can't compete in pure, plain "Stupid fun".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Don't see too many i30Ns around. Nice car, reviews very positive on the driving experience. Shame there's so few on the roads.

I know the first owner of the car you bought. It's a very nice car. They are very capable too. I see your Cupra is for sale in Eds too, you must have got decent money for it as he is asking enough for it! Good luck with the i30N.

I love it. It can be pure idiot boy racer car, but put it in normal, and people just see i30. If it would be white, it would be pretty much invisible. It's very comfy on longer runs too. Huyndai really nailed the essence of Hot hatch and duality it needs to have.

I struck a decent deal that benefited us both. And in fairness, who ever will get my old baby cupra will have a very solid car. It has 81k km on it, but it was 95% of Limerick - Cork main road. It barely sow any city driving. Plus I parked it like an Ahole all the time in the back of carpark, so bodywork ( outside few stone chips ) is perfect. Wheels like new too as I just don't parallel park hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MoJoCaine

Hello I Must Be Going..............

Have this the last three weeks or so, ordered 2nd wk in January. Now have @ 1.200km up and just starting to explore. This is Golf x 7 the last two being a 7pp & 7.5pp. Unsure about the colour at first but happier in my skin now. Shows up every and any spot of tar unfortunately. The new cabin isn't as bad as everyone has been hinting at, the climate and driving modes being the two where one goes to the screen. Use steering w for all else and the new "buttons" set-up is fine. I have hit the heated steering w only twice and it takes only a sec to disable the lane assist........ once you remember it. All my previous golf's have been 2dr but in truth the conversion hasn't annoyed me that much. Couple of gripes inside, door sill guards much better and inviting on both old 7s, steering and roof cubby holes have disappeared. The steering paddles smaller than of old, pain. Enquired re a retro for R paddles but told it might negate the warranty. Seats are good but haven't explored on a long journey yet, not just as supportive. Extra 55hp instantly noticeable right through the gears, smooth delivery and great torque. The shorter gearing noticeable over the two 7pp's. Brakes top end but haven't been deep enough to notice any fade. Handling is Soooo sharp, precise and turn in is razor. Know already the limits/confidence to use and exploit it is up on my old 7's. The IQ lights are excellent, take a little getting used to but are something else. Came shod with Goodyear's and Adelaide's as ordered. I have a set of Veemann VC520 19 x 8.5" gloss black ordered with Summer boots. Slightly harder on jungle juice but that's prob just me having a little fun. Insurance lower than 7.5. The 7.5pp is a 181 and can be found in the VW network.

Very nice! :) great spec

Nice.

the paddles are an easy retrofit. Wouldn’t worry re warranty. They’re an OEM VW item, they’ll look/seem factory fitted. Volkswizard has a diy guide for fitting them. I know a guy who has an Ed45 coming and he’s asked the dealer to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Added the HK audio to my order. May mean it takes longer but at this stage I’m not sure it will matter, the wait will be long no matter what.

The paddles are much nicer in the R alright. I seen the Volkswizard video and it's something I'd definitely prefer.

Went to VW parts and it's €320 a pair.

They're not worth that at all, IMO but I'll probably still end up getting them.

I may ask VW to do it but it looks like an easy 15min retrofit and would probably save ya another few quid from VW charging ya to fit them.

I found them elsewhere way cheaper than that. I’ll dig out the link when I get a chance.

Brilliant, send the link on whenever you get a chance sure. :)

Have to call in there now after work for an update, dealer wasn't around on Saturday.

My old 3dr 181 pp now gone. Went up Friday - gone this morning.................

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

What was the mileage and how much did it go for out of interest?

I had 72km on it, asking was €34,850. Was as new inside and out except for

LF alloy which needed tlc, this had been done in the pics. Has DCC. I was only

person to sit behind the wheel. I'm down the country but appeared in their

Dublin franchise.

My car is being built this week anyway according to the database.

I've asked for a price valuation from them on the ST based on this information. If it's a reasonably good price I'll let them have it and not deal with private sales myself.

Here you go. €110 for the pair.

Did your dealer confirm the actual stage in the build process your car is at? I haven’t checked in on mine in a couple of weeks but if yours actually has commenced production, mine surely must be about there too

• Advertisement

Cheers for the link mate.

He confirmed it's build stage 1 or something. The parts were being married to the shell, starting today. It's about a 2 build weeks behind when it should have started, I think I got told build week 26 or 27, I think it's 29/30 right now, I maybe wrong.

He was also pretty much saying the dictate from VW was sell existing stock as they wouldn't be taking any new orders due to the back log and shortage or parts.

Advertisement