Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah we are in week 30 now. Mine is/was week 27 and I was told 2 weeks ago that everything is 3-4 weeks behind. So if that’s true, it should be starting this week or next.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd say it should be done soon.

Next thing after that is waiting for a ship to send the bloody thing over.

Id be hopeful for late August at this stage.

I've also just purchased from that site, saved me 200 quid.

I asked VW parts about it and they gave me the price but because I had know reg or part number they couldn't confirm if it would fit but I know they do after the Volkswizard video and it was a 2 week order if I went through them, so lucky I held out until I knew a concrete build date.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I appreciate their effort to put hoover lines in the seats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Very nice. Wouldn't mind a spin in that to see how much difference the AWD drive makes, and the extra weight of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Dealer came back to me today with screen shots of the spec I’ve ordered. The hk coming in at 1,190..

I told him that this is wrong. He tried to convince me it was correct and said it might be the sub in the boot but obviously not since that is included with hk. He also said the system says what it does so should be correct. I pointed out that they couldn’t give me a gfmv when first enquiring as it was coming up as the 45 the same system when entering the normal cs.

it’s still 820 on their website so must be that?

Is there a price difference from MY21 to MY22?

He didn’t seem to think so and said it was down as 820 (same as the website) and that the system added the extra on its own. That doesn’t sound right to me.

i do notice that he only screen shot half of the screen where you could see what boxes were ticked to show the full spec.

What else have you spec’d? HK is one of the items that adds weight and potentially puts the car into the next VRT band, depending on the rest of your configuration. Be careful….

Ya that's more likely that it's pushed into the higher VRT band.

Sure I got quoted a higher price because the system pulled it up and the dealer was none the wiser but my car was under the 170 k/gm, next VRT band.

If you go to configuration on the website spec your car exactly and if it goes to 171 k/gm or higher it's a 31% VRT instead of 26% if it's 170 or below.

• Advertisement

I don’t think the VRT would account for that big a jump either though (it would be more like 40-50 extra over the expected €820) so something doesn’t add up.

Spec is pure white, winter pack, reverse camera and then the ones that really matter when it comes to vrt band as far as I know, adelaides, dcc and hk. I thought I’d be okay without the sunroof being added as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kevodaly

My car is built now apparently and waiting for a ship! That was an original build week 26 car so I’d say your week 27 car must be pretty close to being built now too.

Yep, dealer just emailed me this morning, it’s entered production. It’s at “start body shell shop” as we speak. Not too bad!.

I hope the German holidays don’t impact it, they usually semi-shutdown for a couple of weeks in August, but I’ve been reading that due to the backlogs they won’t shutdown as much this year.

My dealer has an Ed-45 currently in Emden too waiting for a boat, I imagine it’ll be on the same boat as your car.

Is it nearly time to watch MarineTraffic?

The aforementioned Ed45 was at the same stage of build as mine is now 3 weeks ago. And it arrived at the port in Emden a few days ago. So it’s a little early for us to boat watch 😉

Baaaaah.

Probably be another 6-8 weeks so before mine turns up. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

It’s crazy how production can take so long due to parts shortages and then they don’t seem to do anything on the other end to try speed up the shipping once it has been built. Not many industries would get away with making a customer wait that long for their purchase.

Its years since I worked there but I remember vag cars coming in weekly to Dublin port on the same ship. Think there used to be a bit less than a thousand on it at most so I guess you would be going into a queue to get on that ship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

That's absolutely mad money, u'd have gotten one of those new for around that. I think they were 44k list and there's always a discount to be had.

Hopefully there's not many waiting in Germany so to come over. 👀

I think the same anytime I see a GTI or whatever posted here - mental money. Sign of the times I guess. 🙂

That Cupra is a lovely example though.

2nd hand cars, especially anything with performance or a bit of exotica, prices have gone mad.

Its good for people that are sitting on cars looking to sell, not so great for the buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Used car market is gone like the property market now. Prices of anything fast and interesting have gone through the roof yet the high prices still don't seem to be putting people off as these cars are usually gone within a week. All that Covid lockdown money saved up from not going on foreign holidays and the boozer must be burning a hole in a lot of people's pockets.

The Cupra got fairly expensive in recent years once the likes of keyless and digital dash were added. A FWD model was just under €45k last year I believe. Few grand more for AWD, doesn't seem too bad to be fair? Frank Keane had a 6 month old GTI non-PP with tech pack for the same money a year ago and that was before the secondhand market blew up.

The Cupra isn't value for money any more but it's a nice example, aren't 3 year old basic spec Rs going for low 40s? That sort of money I'd want something newer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I see Mooney's got a facelifted i30N in.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-i30-i30n-280hp-ready-to-drive-away/28733502

I emailed both them and Hyundai Ireland a couple of weeks ago to see was there any update on these, no reply 🙄

It seems to be the higher spec that the UK got last time - boot brace, keyless, heated seats and steering wheel. Although they could all be standard across the board now.

There seems to be a lot of new black plastic on the rear, not sure about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

The pictures seem to be a mix and match of pre face-lift and the face-lift model. For example the pictures of the interior show the old infotainment screen so must be of a pre face-lift model.

Or for some bizarre reason that face-lift model they have has the old screen?

Is it available as dual clutch in Ireland yet? Don't think the first model was. Shame to not have the option in a hot hatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MrSing

Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 171 Golf GTD DSG box (waiting on delivery) from a VW dealer.

They are trying to sell me an extended warranty with it which I would like to purchase but is there any particular things to watch out for with these warranty's in terms of what they dont cover.

When I asked the salesman about what it covers he said its bumper to bumper but when I asked him does it cover the lamps/LED's he was a bit wishy washy and said well its bumper to bumper.

Sorry if this is not the right thread.

Advertisement