Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I can't read it, I'm not a subscriber.
    But as I work in the industry, pricing and organising, it's not what you say nationally, perhaps Dublin OK.
    The journal link is correct or close anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I can't read it, I'm not a subscriber.
    But as I work in the industry, pricing and organising, it's not what you say nationally, perhaps Dublin OK.
    The journal link is correct or close anyway.

It also take no consideration for the fact house prices are going to fall on the back of covid. I have a friend selling and the agent said to expect a drop from before covid.

THe prices are still high on daft but in reality people are not paying close to what is on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

I hope that we get a FF/SF (National, Unity, National Unity, Independent or whatever you would like to call it) Government.

The people voted for change, and the people want change.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

All you need to do is point out one State contract awarded to anyone (not even Dinny) which went outside the extraordinary (and onerous) controls put in place to ensure there's no corruption involved.

You can't do that though, dude.

All piss and vinegar.

It has been pointed out repeatedly to those who theorise a conspiracy about Denis O'Brien that there are numerous avenues of complaint under Irish and EU public procurement arrangements if there is any shred of evidence that there has been any departure from the legal provisions. If they have even the tiniest shred of evidence, that is the avenue to go. It is a much easier process than criminal proceedings being based on civil concepts of preponderance of evidence rather than beyond a reasonable doubt.

Yet, not a single such complaint has been made.

atticu wrote: »
    I hope that we get a FF/SF (National, Unity, National Unity, Independent or whatever you would like to call it) Government.

Then why are those elected to bring about change not in government?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Who are the 'criminals' still walking about?

You do realise there was a conflict/war here that the Irish government and the British government negotiated a settlement to and to which all signed up to.

Both parties have conflict and war in their pasts in which they killed and committed what were criminal acts at the time.
    What is 'thick' about that fact?

Why don't you google them and see how many have served time - and what they served it for

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Less than 50% of people "voted for change" and less than 25% of people voted for SF.

A majority of people voted for the FFFGGP block.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Part of me hopes you do too. If it happens it will make the Charlie Haughey/ Bertie Ahern years of petty thievery look like a convent tea party. Many in FF joined when either Bertie or Charlie were leader and had no problem while SF are steeped in criminality and thuggery.

It seems every nation is swinging towards thieves, chancers and criminals so if we have to have our Trump. Johnson, Putin, Bolsonaro, Erdogan moment lets get it over with. Hopefully it won't be your son or father beaten to death in a crowded pub - -with no witnesses at all living in a corrupt country with with no recourse to any independent state agency on any issue as they fill them with their own kind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

ELM327 wrote: »
    Less than 50% of people "voted for change" and less than 25% of people voted for SF.

How many people voted FF based on their promise pre-election that they would NOT go into Govt with FG?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Bowie wrote: »
    So we wont know.

I never claimed corruption. I've claimed FG are awful at making deals for the tax payer. Why is guessing. I'll just say Mr. O'Brien always comes out on top, and its generally Mr. O'Brien getting the sweet deal.

This is utter absurdity. What on earth makes you think you have the right to look at the financial books of private enterprises? You know who will get a look at them? The professional auditors who will then sign off of the books, taking legal responsibility for the numbers.

Selling your goods/services at cost price is essentially the exact opposite of "coming out on top". It is not a good deal for them, which is why some of them want out of it.

Do you think the government should have compelled these businesses to provide their services at a loss?

• Advertisement

FF last night open up door to SF if pfg dosnt pass, Greens tonight open door

SF/FF/Greens

Leo will literally not be able to cope. His legacy done/gone, go down as worst FG leader ever

Not sure in what universe the Greens think they would get more green policies into that coalition then the PfG.

How many people voted FF based on their promise pre-election that they would NOT go into Govt with FG?
    How many people voted for them? It's irrelevant *why* they voted.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Not sure in what universe the Greens think they would get more green policies into that coalition then the PfG.

Why wouldn't they? They are not getting much outta the pfg. All promises, and we know what FGs and FF's history regarding promises made.

How many people voted for them? It's irrelevant *why* they voted.

So its irrelevant that FF lied to get votes. Thats why they are at 14% in the polls now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Not sure that data is available. How many voted for SF based on demographics looking after themselves?

So its irrelevant that FF lied to get votes. Thats why they are at 14% in the polls now.
    Polls are irrelevant. The only poll that counts is the ballot box.
    If theres another election, FF will likely lose votes to FG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Polls are irrelevant. The only poll that counts is the ballot box.
    If theres another election, FF will likely lose votes to FG

You'd have to expect FG getting a near majority in a new election.

FF and the Greens being punished but all parties losing votes to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Well actually the majority would have voted for a Sinn Fein , FF, FG block. Has they been voting for a block.

Why wouldn't they? They are not getting much outta the pfg. All promises, and we know what FGs and FF's history regarding promises made.

Because SF's green policies are weak at best, and they are fundamentally opposed to any new taxes to pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,457 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Well actually the majority would have voted for a Sinn Fein , FF, FG block. Has they been voting for a block.

Well I voted for Labour/FG precisely because they said they would not go into government with SF pre-election. I also hoped the Greens would join with them as I figured they deserve another rattle.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    You'd have to expect FG getting a near majority in a new election.

FF and the Greens being punished but all parties losing votes to them.

You can expect a good % increase in the Under 30s who vote IMO, and them votes will only be going 1 way.

SF know how to gain votes through social media targeting the young, FG have not.

Well I voted for Labour/FG precisely because they said they would not go into government with SF pre-election. I also hoped the Greens would join with them as I figured they deserve another rattle.

Some craic tomorrow night when Martin rings Mary Lou and says lets have a chat.

The majority of people voted a FF/SF/FG block

• Registered Users Posts: 18,457 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

You can expect a good % increase in the Under 30s who vote IMO, and them votes will only be going 1 way.

SF know how to gain votes through social media targeting the young, FG have not.

They are slowly cottoning on to it. And changed the issues they highlighted on social media when they realised Brexit and the economy did not click with voters.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2020-politicians-playing-catch-up-with-social-media-1.4148098

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

They are slowly cottoning on to it. And changed the issues they highlighted on social media when they realised Brexit and the economy did not click with voters.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2020-politicians-playing-catch-up-with-social-media-1.4148098

The majority of people on social media are SF voters, all polls etc on twitter will tell you that.

FG at every opportunity whether its a lie or not, have a go at SF. That does not go down well, as can be seen online

The majority of people voted a FF/SF/FG block

A block of one party opposed by two is not a block.

Thats not "a vote for change" either.

A block of one party opposed by two is not a block.

Thats not "a vote for change" either.

Did FF not state before the election they would not go into Govt with FG. So why do them 2 count but SF not?

Did FF not state before the election they would not go into Govt with FG. So why do them 2 count but SF not?
    There's a difference between pre election posturing, and diametrically opposed parties.
    It's in the subtext, and, if I can pick up the context (I have ASD) it is not subtle at all.

I think you will find a lot of SF keyboard warriors on social media. At this stage instead of having a positive in the polls it is starting to take the negative.

People are sick of seeing the same stupid comments on every post and when asked to explain the person has no idea. Mostly as they are all been fed the same sh*t by SF....

Yes it will work on some people, but I seen the last few times when someone comes into our local area facebook groups with standard SF bulls**t they are quickly run out of the group. Maybe a year ago it would kick off a discussion.

If SF could actually think of something new, but it is the same stuiff as on here. Everything ends up with denis o'brien and a load of tinfoil hat c**p.

Or vulture funds :P then ask them what a vulture fund is and thye have no idea. I have asked about 20 people on facebook the simple question "What is a vulture fund" and I think one could actually answer. Done the same here and it was the same, no idea.

Social media works if used properly, something SF are starting to fail to do, numbers is not the answer, quality is the answer. Take yourself for example. You thought Leo was running FG since 2011 and then started abuse when corrected.

• Advertisement

I could answer that question but I think you should be able to work it out yourself....

Lets just say has any party said they will work with SF?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement