Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭flazio

A new election might be even less representative then the last one if people are too nervous to travel to polling stations. Has anyone actually discussed how exactly are we supposed to conduct a socially distanced election campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I think this rainbow, assuming its a done deal, needs 12 months to see what's what. I will give them that myself before judging.

Dan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

ELM327 wrote: »

I mean, they made the gaffe last time about the RUC commemoration and that's already forgotten. Leo can make a few mistakes because the alternatives (Mehole, Mary Lou, Eamon Ryan) are so abhorrent to most people that leo is the only option unless he buys an AK and starts shooting up the place.

agreed

That's RIC commemoration - a huge difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The part where they dont exactly say or have any idea in the "deal" where all the money is coming from.

The biggest flaw in my eyes, FG promised 10,000 more houses in their pre election plan be built than is in this deal.

3% tax break for people earning over €100,000 (Suppose look after your own and all)

3% tax break????

Really where is that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thomas Byrne on with Pat Kenny this morning reckons that those bad mouthing FF and the deal online are Russian bots.

Seriously.

Even the FF councillor (forgive me, I forgot the name) who came on afterwards dismissed it as nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    Where is that in the deal?

Its on Page 24

• Registered Users Posts: 28,995 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

flazio wrote:
    A new election might be even less representative then the last one if people are too nervous to travel to polling stations. Has anyone actually discussed how exactly are we supposed to conduct a socially distanced election campaign?

Won't need to worry about that for a while, covid will probably be long gone by the time of the next ge

• Registered Users Posts: 21,689 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That's RIC commemoration - a huge difference!
    It's the same "police force" by a different moniker.
    I'm sure it cost FG votes, it made me consider my vote before realizing there was no alternative.

Its on Page 24

I dont see anythign on page 24? can you point it out

Really dundalk you would be better to read the document that read what that plonker Pearse is on about.

So tell me, what does the document say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I actually wonder if FG will be ok with this. FF get to lead for the next two years giving things away and then FG will have to come clean things up before an election. If I was FF I would be all over this deal. Leo / FG will be the picture off austerity going into the next election.

Also if there is another election this year I still don’t see the sum of FF/FG being a majority. FG has gotten away with murder the past few months with nobody willing to question them. That will change with an election and their poll numbers will fall back to reality. I think FG knows this and I believe they want to be in government for any “inquiry” as well.

But a lot of there, the simpletons of FG who spout the party line may not be able to realise this though and could cause issues.

I would say it will get passed by FF/FG but the greens are less certain.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Really dundalk you would be better to read the document that read what that plonker Pearse is on about.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1272649547102240775?s=19

Read it and stop talking ****e as per! They are getting a 3% break. Its in black and white

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

The 3% USC surcharge applied to self-employed income is unfair and proposals will be considered to ameliorate this over time as resources allow.

I’m guesting this is it? I’m not self employed, but the only place I see the 3% mentioned

Plonker Pearse, least he wasnt out with his fake tan and top off in the middle of a park drinking with his mates in the middle of a pandemic like that prick was 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Plonker Pearse, least he wasnt out with his fake tan and top off in the middle of a park drinking with his mates in the middle of a pandemic like that prick was 2 weeks ago

Haha, funny when we hear SF fans on their high horse regarding posting standards.

christy c wrote: »
    Haha, funny when we hear SF fans on their high horse regarding posting standards.

So its ok for FF/G supporters to call SF TDs plonkers etc but not the other way round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

McMurphy wrote: »
    Thomas Byrne on with Pat Kenny this morning reckons that those bad mouthing FF and the deal online are Russian bots.

Seriously.

Even the FF councillor (forgive me, I forgot the name) who came on afterwards dismissed it as nonsense.

Nothing new. Remember FG TD Noel Coonan described water protestors as "Parasites" that "live off country people" who would create "an ISIS situation" if they weren't "nipped in the bud".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

So its ok for FF/G supporters to call SF TDs plonkers etc but not the other way round?

Who said that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is this new programme of government even costed yet ?

Seems like this potential new government has found that Sinn Fein magic money tree they were always harping on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

ricero wrote: »

Seems like this potential new government has found that Sinn Fein magic money tree they were always harping on about.

I think it's entirely aspirational, mainly to get it past the coalition parties' members.
    I can see where they're coming from though. We're in the middle of a Covid-slump where it is almost impossible to predict how the economy will go as restrictions ease. In this context aspirations are more realistic than claiming to have a crystal ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

jmayo wrote: »
    Can't stand FF or martin.
    Can't stand shinners as two face murdering bast***s still in charge.
    Can't stand eejits in Greens with heads up their organic ar**s.
    Can't stand Labour since the likes of Spring and Quinn left.
    Now can't stand FG with that virtue signalling media loving cretin in charge.
    And don't mention all those cretins in loony land PBP, etc.

Who the fook is left. :mad:

I devised a voting method as I was in the same place in February.

Lets say you've 10 candidates and you're allowed number them 1 to 10.

Think of each ranking as how many slaps you want to give that person. So for example, I had Candidate A ranked number 10 so I give him 10 slaps, Candidate B gets 9 slaps and so on until you're left with your least hated candidate who you're only slapping once.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,689 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Just until the greens are voted in and then they can explain there's no money to do any of it
    It's grand, dont worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭This is it

titan18 wrote: »
    I devised a voting method as I was in the same place in February.

Lets say you've 10 candidates and you're allowed number them 1 to 10.

Think of each ranking as how many slaps you want to give that person. So for example, I had Candidate A ranked number 10 so I give him 10 slaps, Candidate B gets 9 slaps and so on until you're left with your least hated candidate who you're only slapping once.

Unfortunately, at the moment, it is a case of the least worst.

:P
    Just proves the post I made earlier.

Any chance you read the programme for government? or you still expecting twitter to tell you what is in it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Of course not. It will all depend on the economy/taxes. I would love to see the forecasts they based it on.

I called him plonker Pearse

My post was about the inability of some supporters to call the person by their correct name. Sorry if you got confused

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1272649547102240775?s=19

Read it and stop talking ****e as per! They are getting a 3% break. Its in black and white

Self employed. Read the programme for government, not some idiot on twitter who seems to lack the ability to read himself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

This is it wrote: »
    Unfortunately, at the moment, it is a case of the least worst.

You feel better voting for the least worst when you're imagining slapping them though.

I called him plonker Pearse

My post was about the inability of some supporters to call the person by their correct name. Sorry if you got confused

No you called him a plonker because you had no other argument to offer. Its something a child does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Patser

Greens probably the same.
    FG up due to Covid handling
    Independents down - I think people would abandon the indos and return to main parties to avoid a similar kind of a stalemate
    FF down
    Soc Dems might lose a few due to not engaging in Govt talks
    Maybe Labour would increase if they were able to position themselves reinvented with a new leader (not sure how easy that would be with AK)
    Sinn Fein - who knows?

Greens down slightly, as their talks of big carbon taxes will spook some.
    FG up a lot due to Covid 19 handling
    FF down a good bit, due to the spectre that Michael Martin might actually be Taoiseach
    SF up slightly - run more candidates where they cleaned up
    PBP/left sided Indies - down as they used SF tranfers to get in, but SF will now take those seats
    Healy-Raes, Lowry, McGrath - it'll be them and the cockroaches still surviving after nuclear fallout, a Global pandemic is small fry to them.
    SDs/Lab - in a fight to create identities for themselves, better off merging. Down slightly both.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement