Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain this summer (MOD WARNING IN POST 1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ladylouth wrote: »
    Multitrip.com have confirmed the same to me - book and travel against advisory and we are covered for everything as per the policy, except Covid.
    [/B]

They wont confirm the same for me -saying Im not covered if I go against government advice.

Here is the email I got from them today.
    Thank you for your email.
    You are not covered under your policy if you travel while government issued advice is in place.
    If the restrictions lift for a specific area or country, you would be covered as usual under your policy.
    Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

At some stage I'll post on here about something other than facemasks but for now....

The Balearic Islands set to follow Catalonia in making mask use obligatory everywhere except on beaches. Will be implemented on Monday. Four other regions are said to be considering the measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

JuanJose wrote: »
    At some stage I'll post on here about something other than facemasks but for now....

The Balearic Islands set to follow Catalonia in making mask use obligatory everywhere except on beaches. Will be implemented on Monday. Four other regions are said to be considering the measure.
    Thanks for this info.
    It helps in the decision making.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladylouth

Hellrazer wrote: »
    They wont confirm the same for me -saying Im not covered if I go against government advice.

Here is the email I got from them today.

Thanks for this. I bought an annual policy last night on the basis of the email response from them. Reading the documents today, shows an exclusion to cover if travelling against DFA advice. I have sent another email. If not covered, I will cancel the policy (cooling off period still applies) and we will travel without insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

JuanJose wrote: »

Have to say the thought of wearing a mask for the duration of my holiday everywhere except beaches is not enticing...looking at cancellation options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Have to say the thought of wearing a mask for the duration of my holiday everywhere except beaches is not enticing...looking at cancellation options.

Anyone who flys abroad for a holiday before a Covid vaccine or a cure is in place is clinically insane. Evidence now that even people with mild cases are prone to strokes and lung damage in the future.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone who flys abroad for a holiday before a Covid vaccine or a cure is in place is clinically insane.

So we have to wait 2 to 3 years before taking a holiday again???
    Don't be silly!!!
    Ill be on that plane on the 21st if they give us the go ahead.

So we have to wait 2 to 3 years before taking a holiday again???
    Don't be silly!!!
    Ill be on that plane on the 21st if they give us the go ahead.

If you don't value your health go ahead.

If you don't value your health go ahead.

I do value my health and in my opinion Im probably safer in Spain.

Their social distancing measures are actually enforced. Masks are mandatory.There are fines for breaches of the health measures.

Here the social distancing is gone out the window,pubs are jammed,restaurants are jammed. People dont even keep their distance in a supermarket and are on top of you while shopping.Masks are rarely worn anywhere bar the odd idiot that I see in a car on their own wearing a mask - I dont understand that at all!!! People have become complacement and if Im going to spread covid 19 - Ill have probably caught it here at home rather than in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Anyone who flys abroad for a holiday before a Covid vaccine or a cure is in place is clinically insane. Evidence now that even people with mild cases are prone to strokes and lung damage in the future.

lol

• Advertisement

lol

Care to outline your scientific/medical qualifications, sources?

I do value my health and in my opinion Im probably safer in Spain.

Delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

Source? A very small number of 'serious' have suffered from lung scarring and blood clotting issues.

Waiting for a vaccine or cure is folly, either one could take years, it's time to get out of the cave and live with it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Care to outline your scientific/medical qualifications, sources?

Not really no.

I'll be heading off for 2-weeks sun and fun shortly. You can hide in a cave for the next few years.

We'll see which one of us ends up healthier and happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Not really no.

I'll be heading off for 2-weeks sun and fun shortly. You can hide in a cave for the next few years.

We'll see which one of us ends up healthier and happier.

Not much good if you have to lock yourself up for 2 weeks after coming home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

Delusional.
    Not as much as you might think.
    finbarrk wrote: »
    Not much good if you have to lock yourself up for 2 weeks after coming home.
    You don't though, probably should but it's optional, if/when they publish their green list then the recommendation will be removed for those countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

bladespin wrote: »
    if/when they publish their green list then the recommendation will be removed for those countries.

and according to Micheál Martin that list will be reviewed every two weeks.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/travel-restrictions-cabinet-5142803-Jul2020/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Deleted off topic posts. Covid related posts should go in the Covid forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I’d be interested in reading your source for that evidence.
    Thanks.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭fawlty682

People flying in from Texas and Florida. Going to Spain etc is no danger compared to here where nothing is enforced. 95% of time outside abroad, better enforcement. This idea we are a Blessed island is silly. We are in great position with the front door locked and the back door open.It matters not where you are, it’s how you behave that counts.I wouldn’t take notice of Martin or Coveney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

dory wrote: »
    Deleted off topic posts. Covid related posts should go in the Covid forum.

You just deleted a post about the current situation in Spain that I took time out of my holiday to post. If posts about the covid situation in Spain aren't allowed, there is no point in having a thread about travel in Spain. I won't be wasting anymore of my time posting here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Obligatory use of facemasks update.

Third autonomous community making their use obligatory in public - Extremadura - from midnight tonight.
    Madrid authorities, when questioned on whether the measure will be introduced there, are refusing to rule it out.

The representative body for businesses in the Balearics is already railing against the obigatory facemask use, arguing that it'll put tourists off travelling there.
    One thing is obvious though. With this virus, you can't have one rule for locals and another for tourists. If only it was that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Micheal Martin just now reiterated his concern at cases emerging from travel.

Going by the sound bytes I can't foresee and restricting of the travel "restrictions" on July 20th. They may announce some countries on the Green List that day but they will probably delay "allowing" travel to there until August at least.

So basically if you follow the government's guidelines you as an Irish citizen cannot leave the country but if you are foreign citizen you are more than welcome to come in for a holiday or to join up with your 14 Iraqi family members who selected Ireland as their economic refugee destination of choice.

I’d be interested in reading your source for that evidence.
    Thanks.

Irish Times and The Guardian amongst others have coverage of these findings in last 2 days if you care to search

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/warning-of-serious-brain-disorders-in-people-with-mild-coronavirus-symptoms-1.4299112?mode=amp
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/08/warning-of-serious-brain-disorders-in-people-with-mild-covid-symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Didn't know there were so many libertarians on boards

You made the claim. It’s Up to you to provide backup to this claim.

Those two articles you linked are the same.
    Also there is nothing definitive in what you posted. It’s all ifs buts and maybes...

Anything else to back up the nonsense you posted?

Dante7 wrote: »
    You just deleted a post about the current situation in Spain that I took time out of my holiday to post. If posts about the covid situation in Spain aren't allowed, there is no point in having a thread about travel in Spain. I won't be wasting anymore of my time posting here again.

Eh? I was wondering where that post was. It was by no means off topic. Strange alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Whatever rule we have in the Republic goes out the window now that Northern Ireland have exemptions. Absolute madness. Let's see how Mr Ryan deals with that. The mind boggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

You made the claim. It’s Up to you to provide backup to this claim.

Those two articles you linked are the same.
    Also there is nothing definitive in what you posted. It’s all ifs buts and maybes...

Anything else to back up the nonsense you posted?

As an aside these have been reported on CNN as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

Whatever rule we have in the Republic goes out the window now that Northern Ireland have exemptions. Absolute madness. Let's see how Mr Ryan deals with that. The mind boggles!

He will do what our politicians are great at... continue to fudge fudge fudge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement