Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Overheal wrote: »
    Where?

“African genocide” doesn’t turn up a current event in google

Genocide watch has white South Africans at stage five of the genocide process.

https://www.genocidewatch.com/south-africa

• Registered Users Posts: 82,257 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

From wikipedia.

Also from wikipedia.

race.png

How does this invalidate what the other poster pointed out about blacks being disproportionately stopped by officers while driving?

This whole 'take a knee' sh*te is idiotic too..

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Where?

“African genocide” doesn’t turn up a current event in google

Because it’s essentially a fiction.

From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_farm_attacks#White_genocide:

The claim of a white genocide in South Africa has been promoted by right-wing groups in South Africa and the United States and is a frequent talking point among white nationalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Ah grand so, I guess those third/fourth/fifth generation farmers and their families deserved to be murdered so because they're white.
    How about the amount of natives killed by the British? So that's OK to Rob their wealth and lives. To ship people off to slavery? And still have to be last on the list of opportunities?
    OK, whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Genocide watch has white South Africans at stage five of the genocide process.

https://www.genocidewatch.com/south-africa

I was told this was happening “now”

So what’s happening today? What event?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

So much white guilt on display in this thread. For Irish people to have white guilt is baffling.

To see that black lad in Dublin yesterday saying "we will not take it anymore" was baffling.

Take what exactly? A place to live, free education, opportunities to do anything with your life?

Remember those signs, no blacks, no dogs, no Irish? For Irish people to feel guilt over this is possibly the most mind blowing thing I've ever read.

Why?

It's an empty gesture..

Politics for the tiktok generation..

ronivek wrote: »

The claim of a white genocide in South Africa has been promoted by right-wing groups in South Africa and the United States and is a frequent talking point among white nationalists.

I see. Thank you for clarifying.

• Advertisement

It's an empty gesture..

Politics for the tiktok generation..

Why do you think it is empty?

What is your alternative?

farm-stats.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_farm_attacks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

So much white guilt on display in this thread. For Irish people to have white guilt is baffling.

This generation of Irish people seems to have forgotten how much our ancestors were dehumanised and abused and for how long that treatment lasted. You only have to look over the border to see a vast community of people who still believe many of the vile things that were attributed to Irish people in the past.

I cannot stand any sort of discrimination, but some of the opinions people have in relation to issues of this type are incredibly reductive to the point of being grossly ill informed.

Glazers Out!

Why do you think it is empty?

What is your alternative?

Have a proper discussion..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Fiction? Oohh dear... Your gonna have fun with that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Maybe give the third paragraph of your own link a read. Plenty of sources for you to thumb through as well.

It's called compassion for a fellow human being

How does this invalidate what the other poster pointed out about blacks being disproportionately stopped by officers while driving?

It shows they're right to do it. Believe it or not racially profiling works.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

People talking about race as opposed to the fact that the US is literally becoming a fascist police state in front of their eyes and brutalising people indiscriminantly regardless of their skin colour, regardless if they are journalists, medical workers, clergy, politicians, American citizens, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

from a link on that wiki page
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/bury-them-alive-white-south-africans-fear-for-their-future-as-horrific-farm-attacks-escalate/news-story/3a63389a1b0066b6b0b77522c06d6476

Since 2007, at the direction of the government, South African police have stopped releasing statistics about the race of the victims. Monitoring group Genocide Watch says the cover-up has been exacerbated by American and European governments, which have “remained silent about the problem, reinforcing the campaign of denial”.

"early warnings of genocide are still deep in South African society, though genocide has not begun".

• Advertisement

Doesn’t seem like genocide to me? Racially motivated no doubt, but not genocide. You’re trying to put this on the same level as Rwanda? 70 murders in a year here, a million dead in 3 months there... yeah, same thing, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Two minutes to curfew. Crowds are been peaceful. How will the police respond?

from a link on that wiki page
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/bury-them-alive-white-south-africans-fear-for-their-future-as-horrific-farm-attacks-escalate/news-story/3a63389a1b0066b6b0b77522c06d6476

Since 2007, at the direction of the government, South African police have stopped releasing statistics about the race of the victims. Monitoring group Genocide Watch says the cover-up has been exacerbated by American and European governments, which have “remained silent about the problem, reinforcing the campaign of denial”.

"early warnings of genocide are still deep in South African society, though genocide has not begun".

Yeah but posters here say it's not happening so that article must be fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

To see that black lad in Dublin yesterday saying "we will not take it anymore" was baffling.

Take what exactly? A place to live, free education, opportunities to do anything with your life?

Remember those signs, no blacks, no dogs, no Irish? For Irish people to feel guilt over this is possibly the most mind blowing thing I've ever read.

I once saw two idiots with skinheads wearing swastikas on their t-shirts walking down the road in Dun Laoghaire, that was about 20 years ago. They were being shouted at by passers by and told how stupid they were. I haven't seen anything of the sort since, or before for that matter.

I once saw a Nigerian Security guard being called a "monkey" and a "dirty fvcking n*gger" by two travelers.

Those are my only personal experiences of overt racism in Ireland.

Of all the western countries a person from an African country could end up living in Ireland is by far one of the most tolerant and inclusive places they could hope to end up living in.

Glazers Out!

Have a proper discussion..

I thought we were. Is it too difficult for you to answer? Why is it an empty gesture? What is your proposed alternative gesture packed with meaning?

It shows they're right to do it. Believe it or not racially profiling works.

No it doesn’t.

http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/paying-price-human-cost-racial-profiling/racial-profiling-doesnt-work

But again I acknowledge you’re not really here to discuss this, you are here to browbeat about misleading statistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

All these large gatherings. The coronavirus will be rampant again within the next month.

Many will die as a result of this.

Doesn’t seem like genocide to me? Racially motivated no doubt, but not genocide. You’re trying to put this on the same level as Rwanda? 70 murders in a year here, a million dead in 3 months there... yeah, same thing, definitely.

The systematic executions of white people by blacks in SA is a genocide. Saying it's not a genocide because more people died elsewhere is denial. Shur Rwanda wasn't a genocide because six million Jews died at the hands of Nazi Germany.

It's not a competition.

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Literally the man was talking over the woman saying what she was saying to explain what she was on the middle of saying.

What else do you call that?

I've largely agreed with the sentiment of your posting on this thread but you've just lost a lot of credibility with your "mansplaining" nonsense, it just reeks of reaching for something that's not there, you'd be as well off not saying anything than resorting to that sort of desperate infantile debate

• Advertisement

This post, and yet you still don't get it. Really you're posts are all over the place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement