Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,831 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He was a protester too, he needed backup, and would have had it had he played it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just a tip.

If you want the tweet to embed you need to remove 'mobile' from the url.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can not believe that when she was asked to give a description of looters she only said African American. The B*tch. There can be white looters too.

But you can see why blacks are easier to chase up for crimes: “hes black” - and as we’ve said many times ITT that narrows down your search to 6% of the population instantly (black males). Whereas there are all sorts of different white colored people, requiring more context to parse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Overheal wrote: »
    Few plausibilities. Antifa being one.

I would not discount other groups, or false flag attempts - you are talking about the crowds who believed PizzaGate etc. they already believe conspiracies happen to them, why wouldn’t they conspire against others?

KKK flyers were thrown out in Clemson a few years ago. Attached to bean bags and thrown out of a car, for a local chapter. Frankly, you can’t be sure a local chapter really did that or a black provocateur. When Trump was elected we saw liberal false flags. WaPo did a huge write up on a liberal gay pastor who vandalized his own church with swastikas and “fags get out.” It happens, it’s not tinfoil fantasy. There’s the “umbrella man” in Minneapolis suspected to be an identified police officer. Also a few years ago in clemson, there was “bananagate” - it would take me more time than I care to explain, but it turned out a black student staged the outrageous act.

So all critical thinking applied I don’t really know who was in the car. Ochams razor doesn’t apply neatly in a situation where there is the opportunity and motivation for malicious actors to sow confusion.

So conspiracies that suit your world view are plausible but one's that suit another world view are clearly ridiculous?

Occams razor doesn't seem to apply to a situation in which police officers are most likely being photographed retrieving stolen goods and stowing them in unmarked vehicles.

nullzero wrote: »
    So conspiracies that suit your world view are plausible but one's that suit another world view are clearly ridiculous?

Occams razor doesn't seem to apply to a situation in which police officers are most likely being photographed retrieving stolen goods and stowing them in unmarked vehicles.

That’s also possible. Nobody presented that as a possibility, so where did I ridicule it? Instead I was accused of being a crackhead. Not very constructive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1267935541040779264

Kicks off in Paris, this whole thing is so organic, so spontaneous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Just a tip.

A better tip would be to not share content from Mark feckin' Collett, star of the documentary "Young, Nazi and Proud". Jesus christ.

Three to four threads on the front page now of some of the stupidest posters on boards talking unadulterated ****e, now sharing videos from actual confirmed white supremacists as their sources. I havn't a notion how any of the people talking sense throughout these threads are able to keep going with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Just a tip.

Cheers!

Does George Soros run France too? I had no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Watching abc live on YouTube,
    And they keep going on about looting in Hollywood. Helicopter in the air with video, saying put the camera this way that way, look looting ( paraphrasing)
    Nothing, just peaceful protests. Serious hype from ABC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Jesus this is all we need.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,239 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

before i nip off--
    Cupatae wrote: »
    Are they tho?
    yes. yes they are.
    Or are they highlighted way more and blown out of proportion alot more
    Nope. if anything, in my experience, the scale of these events is actually very much underrepresented in the US.
    alot of black people play the race card at the drop of a hat at this stage white guilt is something you should read up on it s a stick often used to attack white people,

White guilt is not a stick often used to attack white people with, white guilt is the recognition of historically horrendous acts by white americans, and a factor for the willingness to try to right them in some small way.

when that man was being murdered , there was a Asian cop happily watching but ye it's only highlighted as black vs white no mention of Asian why is that ?
    Don't think of it as black Vs white. There are cops of all races. Think of it as Blue Vs Black.
    I think there a fundamental problems with law enforcement over there , I think it's disgraceful that it's alright for everyone to bash the white race and the masses come out to support black supremacists..

Whether that man was black white or purple he was evil first and foremost and murdered that lad , color should take a back seat.

I could bring you plenty of instances of horrendous crimes by blacks on whites that nobody made a peep out of but it'd be a point less back and forth ..

You're missing out on this by trying to point towards individual incidents. This is not all because of George Floyd. He was the last straw. And no-one is bashing the white race. As you've doubtless seen, a huge percentage of the protestors are white. Who are being bashed is racists.

Color can take a back seat when color is not a major contributory factor for these issues, and if you don't see that it is, then you don't have a very clear understanding of basic American life.

That’s also possible. Nobody presented that as a possibility, so where did I ridicule it? Instead I was accused of being a crackhead. Not very constructive.

You accused me of suggesting damage to businesses would result in death, a doomsday prediction I believe you said (still waiting for you to provide evidence to support that as it happens). We can all be peeved here.
    I didn't call you a crackhead as it happens, but by all means make reference to something I had nothing to do with.

In relation to the police "looting" you posted stating how plausible police looting as a concept is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

When you follow neo nazis on twitter, it says a lot about you and the reasons for your posts in this thread.

You're not the first to link to white supremacists in this thread either, not that that's surprising either.

Notdeco wrote: »
    Watching abc live on YouTube,
    And they keep going on about looting in Hollywood. Helicopter in the air with video, saying put the camera this way that way, look looting ( paraphrasing)
    Nothing, just peaceful protests. Serious hype from ABC

I’ve had Air7HD on YouTube streaming for hours I have not seen any looting reported in Hollywood this afternoon. They’ve been marching a marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Cupatae wrote: »
    Are they tho? Or are they highlighted way more and blown out of proportion alot more , alot of black people play the race card at the drop of a hat at this stage white guilt is something you should read up on it s a stick often used to attack white people, when that man was being murdered , there was a Asian cop happily watching but ye it's only highlighted as black vs white no mention of Asian why is that ?

I think there a fundamental problems with law enforcement over there , I think it's disgraceful that it's alright for everyone to bash the white race and the masses come out to support black supremacists..

Whether that man was black white or purple he was evil first and foremost and murdered that lad , color should take a back seat.

I could bring you plenty of instances of horrendous crimes by blacks on whites that nobody made a peep out of but it'd be a point less back and forth ..

I think it is either the media you consume or your insecurity that makes you feel it is so black vs white.

Cops are generally seen the same no matter their colour (unless they come from the community in question).

I used to laugh at the concept of white privilege until I moved to a multicultural city and started to make more friends who are minorities. Some of the stuff they deal with is impossible for most Irish people to understand and that isn't even getting into what their parents and grandparents experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I feel terrible for her. I hope they find and prosecute the white opportunists and other thugs who did that.
    Why do you mention white people?
    Problem?

You'd try to get someone "cancelled" if they used "black opportunists and other thugs".
    A question have you any PROOF that white people had any involvement in this?

And why single out WHITE people?
    Why single out black people? Or Antifa?

Is this not par for this course?

Do you know white opportunists were not involved in looting her store? I’ve seen lots of evidence of white opportunists
    That’s what I see when people blame blacks for looting when I clearly can see whites doing as much if not more of it.
    You said you hope that white opportunists and thugs are caught. I never mentioned race. You did.
    I never said you did.

I just took for granted you were following along and know that by and large BLM, Antifa, blacks, the protestors etc. have been blamed for the looting when there’s little clear evidence to blame all of it on one or all of these groups. I’ve even heard aiding and abetting thrown around to describe peaceful protestors who have looting happen in their area without their direct knowledge.

You mentioned race and specifically targetted one, when there are many involved. Why did you single out white people?

When you follow neo nazis on twitter, it says a lot about you and the reasons for your posts in this thread.

You're not the first to link to white supremacists in this thread either, not that that's surprising either.

No comment on the video a man kicked and stamped to the ground by a large crowd for just trying to defend his business.

You accused me of suggesting damage to businesses would result in death, a doomsday prediction I believe you said (still waiting for you to provide evidence to support that as it happens). We can all be peeved here.
    I didn't call you a crackhead as it happens, but by all means make reference to something I had nothing to do with.

In relation to the police "looting" you posted stating how plausible police looting as a concept is.

I never said you called me a crackhead I just said that’s the only other argument I saw about the cops loading loot up into the car.

The other thing was CinemaGuy45 sorry some wires have been crossed.
    Business generates revenue without that none of us have food power public services and so on.
    Loss of jobs will cause deaths.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I think it is either the media you consume or your insecurity that makes you feel it is so black vs white.

Cops are generally seen the same no matter their colour (unless they come from the community in question).

I used to laugh at the concept of white privilege until I moved to a multicultural city and started to make more friends who are minorities. Some of the stuff they deal with is impossible for most Irish people to understand and that isn't even getting into what their parents and grandparents experienced.

Irish people have experienced discrimination in these settings also. Being white doesn't make somebody exempt from being discriminated against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,239 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Foxtrol wrote: »

Exactly, and it's this clear understanding by other Americans that has seen these protests be hugely multi-racial affairs. You can't live there with minority friends and colleagues and not see it. And it's probably why those few of us on here that live or have lived in the states are so clear on this point. I'd always heard about it before I went, but I never understood it till I was there.

Irish people have experienced discrimination in these settings also. Being white doesn't make somebody exempt from being discriminated against.

This is why I'm so surprised/dismayed at some of the reactions on here.

Like, the systemic american racism is a whole different ballgame, but I'd have thought not-so-distant memories of "No dogs, no blacks, no Irish" would have created some sense of empathy...

You'd try to get someone "cancelled" if they used "black opportunists and other thugs".

You mentioned race and specifically targetted one, when there are many involved. Why did you single out white people?

Because white opportunists looters have been shown to be a problem in these protests. Was this not clear? I haven’t canceled anybody incidentally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    before i nip off--

yes. yes they are.

Nope. if anything, in my experience, these events are actually very much underrepresented there.

White guilt is not a stick often used to attack white people with, white guilt is the recognition of historically horrendous acts by white americans, and a justification for willingness to try to right them in some small way.

Don't think of it as black Vs white. There are cops of all races. Think of it as Blue Vs Black.

You're missing out on this by trying to point towards individual incidents. This is not all because of George Floyd. He was the last straw. And no-one is bashing the white race. As you've doubtless seen, a huge percentage of the protestors are white. Who are being bashed is racists.

Color can take a back seat when color is not a major contributory factor for these issues, and if you don't see that it is, then you don't have a very clear understanding of basic American life.

You should watch the speech with Jamie fox and the likes you ll find the narrative of black vs white is well rooted, I disagree with of what your saying.

The race card is played alot by being honest alot of black people there are countless videos online of when a black person is clearly in breach of the law the first thing they argue is a white person would be let away with it .. The white guilt shouldn't exist tho , where's the black guilt and the Latin guilt , Chinese guilt ECT the human race as a whole has committed horrendous acts yet whites are severly focused and constantly reminded..

Irish people were similarly treated in America but they chose to go a different route about getting equality I think the black community has alot of issues internally that need sorting.

I think there are alot less racists these days especially amongst white people as it is so highlighted and heavily frowned apon.

But the looting and riots are 100% wrong and those partaking in them are a disgrace. What political statement is being made by burning star bucks and robbing a new 50" only using racism as an excuse to steal

I don't think the people rioting know what there rioting for tbh, what's the goal?

I never said you called me a crackhead I just said that’s the only other argument I saw about the cops loading loot up into the car.

The other thing was CinemaGuy45 sorry some wires have been crossed.

Cops handle stolen goods all the time, I believe your reaction to the initial post of those images was "wow". Surely those images were self explanatory and not worthy of being appropriated as some sort of evidence of flagrant police corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,831 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

French President Tear gassing people, without even getting an photo op, and no one will make a big deal about it. One rule for Trump, another for French President.

Cops handle stolen goods all the time, I believe your reaction to the initial post of those images was "wow". Surely those images were self explanatory and not worthy of being appropriated as some sort of evidence of flagrant police corruption.

Did you miss the caption? A thousand pardons for factoring in the account of the videographer who saw more than was filmed. Jesus.

French President Tear gassing people, without even getting an photo op, and no one will make a big deal about it. One rule for Trump, another for French President.

That’s an ironically bad assumption.

This year has been a total disaster how much more can go wrong?

This year has been a total disaster how much more can go wrong?

Hurricane season started yesterday. It’s supposed to be a bad year. Also, the NOAA may have credibility and integrity issues because of Sharpiegate, which unfortunately may end up in evacuation delays. Hopefully not and they nip that issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

I’ve had Air7HD on YouTube streaming for hours I have not seen any looting reported in Hollywood this afternoon. They’ve been marching a marathon.
    Yep, very peaceful protest, they are now saying how nice to crowd is how people they are there was a conversation between a black lady and a cop about how the process could go on and all the difference crowds can get together and agreed a way.
    Really nice to see

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement