Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,257 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cupatae wrote: »
    Answer me this ,

What can a white person do that a black person cannot in America because of there skin color what are they denied based on skin color.

Quite a bit. How much time do you have? More importantly, are you really looking for an answer or was this a loaded question?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Where were the protesters when blacks were committing genocide against white farmers in South Africa... and continue to do so?

One black man loses his life and the world goes insane.
    So much wrong with this post, history. Learn it, jeez.

nullzero wrote: »
    Give him our best.

He’s a bit of a Joe Rogan/Alex Jones kind of nutter, so I don’t want to touch that beehive.

Where were the protesters when blacks were committing genocide against white farmers in South Africa... and continue to do so?

Are you really trying to whataboutism Apartheid?

Really?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I think you're getting way too wound up and defensive by any time people mention race.

There definitely resentment but it isn't based on black vs white, just like there was for a long time against the British government for their actions in the north and their failure to acknowledge what they did wrong. For the most part people didn't resent them for the fact of being British, it was their actions or opinions, and it is the same thing here.

I'm actually enjoying the discussion with rebel and learning from the different perspective offered, I m more than willing to be wrong.

I don't know what your problem is but your well off the mark it's a discussion there's no defensiveness or wound up only a difference of opinion it's generally how discussions go.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Quite a bit. How much time do you have? More importantly, are you really looking for an answer or was this a loaded question?

Have it I'm in work for the night , I'd be interested to see what a black person are told they aren't allowed do in America because they are black.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Notdeco wrote: »

Ah grand so, I guess those third/fourth/fifth generation farmers and their families deserved to be murdered so because they're white.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Dear god, please don’t post similar nonsense again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

He’s a bit of a Joe Rogan/Alex Jones kind of nutter, so I don’t want to touch that beehive.

Good to know you consider him both a nutter and a friend. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Notdeco wrote: »
    So to extend that "logic" I guess you would have been in favour of the killing of Mountbatten given the British history here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,405 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Answer me this ,

What can a white person do that a black person cannot in America because of there skin color what are they denied based on skin color.

For starters, just go about their life for one whole week without being harassed in one way or another by a stranger. I will add that this includes anyone 'brown' too, whether Indian, Pakistani, Iranian etc. I've one 2nd generation Pakistani buddy from a small town just south of San Francisco (as soon as you get out of the big cities, it gets real racist, real fast in California!), and since Trump was elected she's stopped going home for visits because she just got tired of the constant abuse up there about being muslim or a terrorist etc.

The US of course has the thin veneer of equality for the past 50 years, so we have just about moved out of things being actually illegal on paper thankfully, but at any moment any number of your personal freedoms can be taken away because someone didn't like the look of you. So maybe today you can go for a jog, and everything is cool. Or tomorrow you're Ahmaud Arbery. Or even just walk around a store without being followed. And I know this is a bit nebulous, and you can just say "but sure that could happen to anyone". except it doesn't. it overwhelmingly happens to people of colour. And if that did happen to someone white, do you think it would have taken months for the murderers to face charges?

Things I have never once had to think about or consider over the course of the past 8 years, but which my friends have to think of every day. Honestly, if I wasn't white, I'd have left a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What tickled me about that was the girl was addressing the crowd and rather than listen to her speak the presumably white ABC correspondent narrated over her, mansplaining what she was in the middle of saying about cooperation with police officers to keep the peace.

man'splaining tho?

Are you really trying to whataboutism Apartheid?

Really?

It's happening now. Right now. Not 20/30 years ago. Now.

Have it I'm in work for the night , I'd be interested to see what a black person are told they aren't allowed do in America because they are black.

Couple examples.

https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justice/2018/05/11-more-things-you-cannot-do-while-black-starbucks-nordstrom-rack-1/

Understood? Disagree? Do we need to show you more?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

So to extend that "logic" I guess you would have been in favour of the killing of Mountbatten given the British history here?
    Hi straw man. You keep being you.(you really need to cop on with this bs post) make a real post, pathetic

man'splaining tho?

Literally the man was talking over the woman saying what she was saying to explain what she was on the middle of saying.

What else do you call that?

nullzero wrote: »
    Good to know you consider him both a nutter and a friend. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

And how!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

His connections to Jimmy Savile and accusations of paedophilia probably soften that blow to an extent. The innocents who died on that boat certainly didn't deserve their fate however.

Glazers Out!

Wow what a cesspool of radical leftism that site is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Literally the man was talking over the woman saying what she was saying to explain what she was on the middle of saying.

What else do you call that?

reporting, it's how its always done

• Advertisement

It's happening now. Right now. Not 20/30 years ago. Now.

Where?

“African genocide” doesn’t turn up a current event in google

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Where?

“African genocide” doesn’t turn up a current event in google

It's right next to The Great Replacement and just before you reach the Covid-19 is just a flu aisle.

Wow what a cesspool of radical leftism that site is.

Okay so you’re not looking for discussion you’re looking for argument. I’ll drop it so. Go on believing your beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Ah grand so, I guess those third/fourth/fifth generation farmers and their families deserved to be murdered so because they're white.

That is bad also.

Feel free to open a thread on it.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    White people can drive their car without being racially profiled

From wikipedia.
    According to the US Department of Justice, African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with Whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for African Americans was almost 8 times higher than Whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of White victims killed by Whites, and 93% of African American victims were killed by African Americans.[49][50][51]

Also from wikipedia.

race.png

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

So much white guilt on display in this thread. For Irish people to have white guilt is baffling.

Okay so you’re not looking for discussion you’re looking for argument. I’ll drop it so. Go on believing your beliefs.

You've just used the leftist equivalent of infowars.com to prove a point, I'll pass on anything you've to say.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    For starters, just go about their life for one whole week without being harassed in one way or another by a stranger. I will add that this includes anyone 'brown' too, whether Indian, Pakistani, Iranian etc. I've one 2nd generation Pakistani buddy from a small town just south of San Francisco (as soon as you get out of the big cities, it gets real racist, real fast in California!), and since Trump was elected she's stopped going home for visits because she just got tired of the constant abuse up there about being muslim or a terrorist etc.

The US of course has the thin veneer of equality for the past 50 years, so we have just about moved out of things being actually illegal on paper thankfully, but at any moment any number of your personal freedoms can be taken away because someone didn't like the look of you. So maybe today you can go for a jog, and everything is cool. Or tomorrow you're Ahmaud Arbery. Or even just walk around a store without being followed. And I know this is a bit nebulous, and you can just say "but sure that could happen to anyone". except it doesn't. it overwhelmingly happens to people of colour. And if that did happen to someone white, do you think it would have taken months for the murderers to face charges?

Things I have never once had to think about or consider over the course of the past 8 years, but which my friends have to think of every day. Honestly, if I wasn't white, I'd have left a long time ago.

So a black person or a person of color can be every bit as successful as there white counterpart in America there is litterally nothing to stop but there own levels of effort ?

At best you can offer up individual cases of racism but as a whole blacks are as equal as everyone else. There's no laws saying they aren't allowed to do x because they are black

• Advertisement

This whole 'take a knee' sh*te is idiotic too..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement