Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    How much credibility do people give to Bob Lazar?
    It seems that many dismiss him as a fake.

(I'm only learning about all of this saga in recent days).

Based on whats being revealed it seems he either made good guesses 30 yra ago or theres an element of truth to what he has stated

Ninthlife wrote: »
    All guessing really but who knows

Sure but half the craic and fascination with this stuff is the speculation. :)

Speaking of which, was just trying to speculate what earth might have that alien robotic craft might want? Minerals for making specific components? But earth is small in planetary terms so given the distances these craft seem to be able to travel, there are in high probability much better places to source those minerals in bigger quantities in places that are easier to mine.

Then I cracked it. :pac: What if it's the magnetosphere they're after?

NASA:
    The magnetosphere shields our home planet from harmful solar and cosmic particle radiation, as well as erosion of the atmosphere by the solar wind – the constant flow of charged particles streaming off the Sun. Our magnetosphere is part of a dynamic, interconnected system that responds to solar, planetary, and interstellar conditions – and it all starts deep inside Earth.

What if these are robots from an alien civilization using our magnetosphere as some type of recharging station? It all starts deep inside the earth... which might be why these craft are seen coming and going from the surface of the ocean. :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Another recent (this month) documentary for people to watch (Australian).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Joe Rogan did a podcast with an ex government employee who claimed he had been hands on with a recovered craft. I can’t remember everything he talked about but the general gist of it was that they’d had this thing for decades in Area 51 and were trying to reverse engineer it but were getting nowhere. I guess his story is a bit more believable now but I’m certain that if that was true there’s no way it’ll be mentioned in the report. I can’t be arsed searching for the podcast on my phone but someone else might.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Sure but half the craic and fascination with this stuff is the speculation. :)

Speaking of which, was just trying to speculate what earth might have that alien robotic craft might want? Minerals for making specific components? But earth is small in planetary terms so given the distances these craft seem to be able to travel, there are in high probability much better places to source those minerals in bigger quantities in places that are easier to mine.

Then I cracked it. :pac: What if it's the magnetosphere they're after?

NASA:

What if these are robots from an alien civilization using our magnetosphere as some type of recharging station? It all starts deep inside the earth... which might be why these craft are seen coming and going from the surface of the ocean. :eek:

Maybe the Hollow Earth theory is true and they live within the planet and it’s the idiots that live on the surface.

There is now thought to be oceans of water inside Earth.

https://www.bnl.gov/newsroom/news.php?a=111648

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Psychlops

HEAD UP, RTE Prime Time are covering it after the 9pm news tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is that Elizondo guy making much out of this?

So many of those guys like him and Tom de long and Jeremy corball are hucksters and grifters just saying anything to make a few bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

So many of those guys like him and Tom de long and Jeremy corball are hucksters and grifters just saying anything to make a few bucks

What makes you think that??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

And the Navy Pilots like Alex Dietrich & Dave Fravor? No, this is not about making a few bucks.

This is about disclosure about a phenomon that has been with us from long before any of those guys were born.

This is about much more than mere personalities or celebrity, this is about factual data that's been gathered over many decades, and which is about to be put into the public domain > > within the next 24 hours or so (fingers crossed).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I wish they'd swoop down on a country lane
    Late at night while I'm driving

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement

And the Navy Pilots like Alex Dietrich & Dave Fravor? No, this is not about making a few bucks.

This is about disclosure about a phenomon that has been with us from long before any of those guys were born.

This is about much more than mere personalities or celebrity, this is about factual data that's been gathered over many decades, and which is about to be put into the public domain > > within the next 24 hours or so (fingers crossed).

Yeah, I would agree with that.
    The whole saga cannot be reduced to a collective hoax, or a group of hucksters, although I'm sure that goes on, of course.

But I still think that a military technology explanation cannot be ruled out?
    Why should we take any denial of such technology at face value?

Ninthlife wrote: »
    What makes you think that??

Think about it for one second

They are more interested in doing “exclusive” podcasts and insta live streams and building up their followers and profiles than anything

That Jeremy Corbell lad especially is a complete spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Luke-m

I don’t believe he has so far. He’s more or less said he can’t due to an nda(non disclosure agreement)

But it won’t stop him next month if this is anything to go by

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-4bidden-disclosure-conference-tickets-154592118187?aff=nickpope&fbclid=IwAR313ptVG_TNldnQDMW0v_sFBtPIKh-JmfD6BwN1BXXu

Just to add he has said on numerous times he just wants to put it out there and let others draw their own conclusions. I’d be very surprised if he actually wants to make a lot of money out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rte gave it about 5 mins . It deserved more but that’s a start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

What is going on in the primetime studio?

🙈🙉🙊

What is going on in the primetime studio?

Jeff Wayne’s “war of the worlds”

Cracking musical, and one hell of a light show there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Thought that was fairly poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Luke-m

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Thought that was fairly poor.

It certainly was. Miriam wanted a logical answer even when he couldn’t give her one and tried to explain it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

They could of done a full show on the Irish Ufo cases alone. Never mind focusing on one solitary US case.

Cracking musical

Absolutely!

• Advertisement

But I still think that a military technology explanation cannot be ruled out?
    Why should we take any denial of such technology at face value?

Anti gravity, Transmedium, Zero to Mach 13+ in the blink of an eye, no wings, no rotors, no sound, no sonic boom, no obvious propulsion, able to disappear, going from sea level to 28k feet in less than one second ..... No its not military technology, actually they are 100% sure its not military tech, as its obviously far too advanced now (never mind 70 years ago) when these things were first witnessed & recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Absolutely!

I spoke with my two best-friends and mentioned the UFO report. They were completely unperturbed by the potential idea of sentient alien life visiting Earth. They just said that they would continue working on their deadlines, etc. Surely, if there was sentient alien life visiting Earth, it would completely undermine our whole fundamental understanding of the Earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Cracking musical, and one hell of a light show there

"The chances of anything coming from Mars Sirius Zeta Reticuli are a million to 1 they said". Should I have placed a bet?

BettyS wrote: »
    I spoke with my two best-friends and mentioned the UFO report. They were completely unperturbed by the potential idea of sentient alien life visiting Earth. They just said that they would continue working on their deadlines, etc. Surely, if there was sentient alien life visiting Earth, it would completely undermine our whole fundamental understanding of the Earth?

Why would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

The US spends well over half a TRILLLION on its military every year. They have by far the most advanced airforce in the world already. The most likely scenario here is that these are all advanced experimental US aircraft that they dont want anybody, not even most of the US military itself to know about until the US is in some conflict that actually threatens the US itself. And so you have the great UFO story, "we don't know what these are honestly, sure they could be aliens, um why not?". I mean this is exactly what happened in Area 51, a formerly top secret experimental US airforce base.

Just ask yourself where have ALL the most believable UFO stories and indeed footage come from over the years? That's right, the US military.

cheezums wrote: »
    The US spends well over half a TRILLLION on its military every year. They have by far the most advanced airforce in the world already. The most likely scenario here is that these are all advanced experimental US aircraft that they dont want anybody, not even most of the US military itself to know about until the US is in some conflict that actually threatens the US itself.

I just addressed all this in post 2161.

There's advanced military technology, and there's advanced tech that's so advanced as to be impossible, according to our laws of physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

They could of done a full show on the Irish Ufo cases alone. Never mind focusing on one solitary US case.

Any famous Irish UFO cases?

Anti gravity, Transmedium, Zero to Mach 13+ in the blink of an eye, no wings, no rotors, no sound, no sonic boom, no obvious propulsion, able to disappear, going from sea level to 28k feet in less than one second ..... No its not military technology, actually they are 100% sure its not military tech, as its obviously far too advanced now (never mind 70 years ago) when these things were first witnessed & recorded.

I know... I just keep on trying to separate the uncertain from the certain, allowing for all variables.
    And all this is fairly new to me, like I stated.

I have to really question every other possible explanation, like crush it to sand.
    You know why. The alternative is too valuable.

cheezums wrote: »
    The US spends well over half a TRILLLION on its military every year. They have by far the most advanced airforce in the world already. The most likely scenario here is that these are all advanced experimental US aircraft that they dont want anybody, not even most of the US military itself to know about until the US is in some conflict that actually threatens the US itself. And so you have the great UFO story, "we don't know what these are honestly, sure they could be aliens, um why not?". I mean this is exactly what happened in Area 51, a formerly top secret experimental US airforce base.

Just ask yourself where have ALL the most believable UFO stories and indeed footage come from over the years? That's right, the US military.

Who exactly are "they"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Luke-m wrote: »
    It certainly was. Miriam wanted a logical answer even when he couldn’t give her one and tried to explain it to her.

I'm glad the Irish connection only came as the third question instead of the first. Small mercies.

Advertisement