Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

I just addressed all this in post 2161.

There's advanced military technology, and there's advanced tech that's so advanced as to be impossible, according to our laws of physics.

No, there is grainy US military footage that the US military has told you defies the laws of physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Butson wrote: »
    Any famous Irish UFO cases?

Off the top of my head, the 1993 wave, the 2018 pilot sightings off the South Coast.

There are plenty others back along in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,275 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

BettyS wrote: »
    I spoke with my two best-friends and mentioned the UFO report. They were completely unperturbed by the potential idea of sentient alien life visiting Earth. They just said that they would continue working on their deadlines, etc. Surely, if there was sentient alien life visiting Earth, it would completely undermine our whole fundamental understanding of the Earth?

If there was life visiting earth for years, why have they not just landed somewhere where there are a lot of people about?

Why all the mysterious stuff, messing around and keeping out of sight?

And if they are chatting to governments, like many folk think, why are same governments spending billions every year looking for life on other planets?

It would be a quare kick in the stones to those hundreds, if not thousands, of scientists, engineers, physicists who spent decades doing the research to put a probe on Mars when all along we have been in contact with aliens who could fly us there in a hour or so?

Not to mention all the others involved in similar research. They would all have a life of wasted work behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,876 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Earth could be one big Truman Show, where the Alien are sitting with Coke and Popcorn watching from afar, manipulating the script of life here, from wars, to sports, to life. Everything is decided before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Think about it for one second

They are more interested in doing “exclusive” podcasts and insta live streams and building up their followers and profiles than anything

That Jeremy Corbell lad especially is a complete spoofer

Anything Ive listened to ir watched involving Corbell seems to indicate he just wants like alot of us what these incidents/phenomenons are.

I mean he spent months with Lazar, George Knapp, Bigelow amongst others.

I dont see him promoting himself, more he wants to promote the discussion and disclosure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Earth could be one big Truman Show, where the Alien are sitting with Coke and Popcorn watching from afar, manipulating the script of life here, from wars, to sports, to life. Everything is decided before hand.

Could well be the case, especially when they made their feelings known about nuclear weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

BettyS wrote: »
    I spoke with my two best-friends and mentioned the UFO report. They were completely unperturbed by the potential idea of sentient alien life visiting Earth. They just said that they would continue working on their deadlines, etc. Surely, if there was sentient alien life visiting Earth, it would completely undermine our whole fundamental understanding of the Earth?

No, it would complement the science our civilisation has developed on the Cosmos over the last few dozen centuries. In short, our own science tells us there most certainly are other civilisations out there (look at the probability numbers). Only the fact they can find and reach us, when we don't know how to find and reach them is of interest to us, the last (or next) piece of the puzzle if you will.

Of course your friends would keep working. Does knowing something new, even very significant, pay for electricity and put food on the table? Earth's evolution goes on, unless our new friends have brought a sensible alternative to economics and a shed load of replicators with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Is that Elizondo guy making much out of this?

So many of those guys like him and Tom de long and Jeremy corball are hucksters and grifters just saying anything to make a few bucks

I don't think he's making anything much out of it. He has been on some History Channel documentaries and presumably gets paid for some of the bigger appearances he does.
    But I posted a video a few pages back where he spent over an hour on a live stream with a youtuber. There were 3000 people watching that stream according to the presenter. In youtube terms that doesn't equate to any money at all I'd say. So I doubt he got any money for that, nor for most of those streams he speaks on.
    He has also said that he has sacrificed his military pension. I'm not sure how that happened, but that's what he says.

I'm not a fan of Corbell though, he has films to push and he does not come across as sincere.
    Luke-m wrote: »

He is not going to say anything new. Watch the video I posted. Mick West asked him why he doesn't break his NDA for the benefit of the human race. He is vehement that he would never break his NDA for multiple reasons: legally it would land him in a lot of trouble, it could ruin him financially and he believes in the principal of sticking to agreements that are made. He says he wants the truth to come out the right way and that is what he is pushing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

A UFO isn't a thing, it's a way of identify something flying but your that you don't know what it is.

I do believe the are other species in the Universe, however just like the existence of God there's no proof they visited planet Earth.

• Advertisement

cheezums wrote: »
    The US spends well over half a TRILLLION on its military every year.

War is a racket and so is the US military budget. Also, when you're paying $60K for every nut and bolt, those costs mount up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So big day is finally here and yes, Imma admit I’m curious but very much preparing myself for a disappointing jargon filled bureaucratic boring “red tape” type report...

I would love if they released clear sharp hi definition photos and videos but....will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »

De long is a washed up ex addict and by jaysus it shows reading those “claims”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

So big day is finally here and yes, Imma admit I’m curious but very much preparing myself for a disappointing jargon filled bureaucratic boring “red tape” type report...

I would love if they released clear sharp hi definition photos and videos but....will they?

No, I doubt it very much.

I expect the report to gently nudge us and to make us question what 'they are' and where they come from, nothing to scare the horses, because the last thing they need is panic!

A confirmation that there is something in our skies that we don't yet understand or recognise, which on itself is amazing (or shocking)?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

A clear photo is proof of nothing. It gives no indication of speed, acceleration or even context. It could also be easily faked. The naval radar operators have claimed that three radars picked up an object going over 46 thousand miles an hour, with instantaneous acceleration and flight times lasting the whole day. The release of radar data would be far more desirable than an easily faked picture IMHO.

Couple of astronauts trying to install those solar arrays again on the ISS at the moment.

(As always, am watching in case a UFO goes by. Fully expect a show of force from the ETs in the next 48 hours to coincide the Pentagon report release. :P :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 33,275 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just had a visitor to the house, said to move along, nothing to see in this report:D

[IMG][/img]51270877825_b1473b2f3b_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I would love if an alien showed up at the hearing or a press conference.

It would be the most jaw-dropping moment in history.

It's all pretty jaw-dropping already, if as predicted, the report says that these craft are not of any known earth origin.

Unless there is there some errant billionaire-type private money behind the tech, then by process of elimination, this report is effectively saying that there are craft operating on and around our planet that were developed by non-earth intelligences.

If that doesn't tingle people's sense of wonder, then I don't know, maybe our sense of wonder has expired. :)

• Advertisement

De long is a washed up ex addict and by jaysus it shows reading those “claims”

True but why did people with so much credibility link up with him? Mellon, Elizondo, Putoff, Justice... What Elizondo said recently about the world feeling 'sombre if it knew what he knows. I'm not saying I buy it all but if we are going to be overwhelmed by "Yes, UAP's occur and we cannot say whether or not it is extra terrestrial" imagine what revelations come later. From the "what" to the "why" will be ground-breaking and will surely change our outlooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Butson

It's all pretty jaw-dropping already, if as predicted, the report says that these craft are not of any known earth origin.

Unless there is there some errant billionaire-type private money behind the tech, then by process of elimination, this report is effectively saying that there are craft operating on and around our planet that were developed by non-earth intelligences.

If that doesn't tingle people's sense of wonder, then I don't know, maybe our sense of wonder has expired. :)

People will shrug and move on.
    What's more important to most people is who Man United are playing at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

really don't know what people are expecting. it will 100% be "there's some UFOs we can't explain". we've already seen the military videos.

total media/congress hype job.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

cheezums wrote: »
    really don't know what people are expecting. it will 100% be "there's some UFOs we can't explain". we've already seen the military videos.

total media/congress hype job.

It will be interesting to see the response from media, commentators, regular people. The public conversation needs to be had. Hopefully this report may start the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see the response from media, commentators, regular people. The public conversation needs to be had. Hopefully this report may start the debate.

This will not capture mainstream attention for very long unless there's a press conference with aliens on the White House lawn. Otherwise it will be forgotten in a day.

UFOs in Mainstream media today :pac:
    UFOs in Mainstream media tomorrow :eek:

A dawning, a recognition that they're real. That will be the difference.

...even if they don't know what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭emo72

Where da UFOs at?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Jeff Wayne’s “war of the worlds”

Cracking musical, and one hell of a light show there

While we wait:

I don't want to dampen spirits, but can I urge you to take on board #2185 so that their isn't a massive let-down when the report drops ...

That way, anything else will be a bonus :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Klaatu

Barada

Nikto

Advertisement