Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    My sister and her Argentine pal left Kraftwerk to watch Dirty Dancing in there. Her future husband, a Krautrock obsessive, was far from impressed, still unsure whether she's ever been forgiven. Not by me anyway, letting the family down like that.

Seems a very frivolous reason to leave one of the greatest bands in history. Are you sure there weren't artistic differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭rubick

Nobody puts Seathrun's sister in a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I watched that whole Kraftwerk gig, fcuking amazing.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seems a very frivolous reason to leave one of the greatest bands in history. Are you sure there weren't artistic differences?

She's a tad feckless, my kid sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Hmmm. Seems like we will be nearly at the point again where EP could possibly go ahead?
    Dare we hope that there will be no more vaccine delays?
    Festival Republic have been very quiet since before Paddy's Day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

patch wrote: »
    Hmmm. Seems like we will be nearly at the point again where EP could possibly go ahead?
    Dare we hope that there will be no more vaccine delays?
    Festival Republic have been very quiet since before Paddy's Day...

not a hope this year im afraid. going from pubs opening in a limited capacity to a festival of the ep scale in a few months is far beyond our vaccination ability unfortunately

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im trying to stay positive(not in a Covid way ha) but the fact events/gigs have not even crossed the lips of government/nphet its not looking good for EP. Now they might allow smaller festivals(5-10k) go ahead which is why I'm gonna grab a ticket for Wild Roots just on the off chance it goes ahead. Again nothing is guaranteed either way but we can live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭endainoz

Im trying to stay positive(not in a Covid way ha) but the fact events/gigs have not even crossed the lips of government/nphet its not looking good for EP. Now they might allow smaller festivals(5-10k) go ahead which is why I'm gonna grab a ticket for Wild Roots just on the off chance it goes ahead. Again nothing is guaranteed either way but we can live in hope.

I've been debating about Wild Roots myself, it's capped at 10k isn't it? I'd just be afraid August is a bit too soon. King kong company sold out a show in belfast in September the day after it went on sale, good for them. Belfast could be a serious spot for gigs in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭rubick

endainoz wrote: »
    I've been debating about Wild Roots myself, it's capped at 10k isn't it? I'd just be afraid August is a bit too soon. King kong company sold out a show in belfast in September the day after it went on sale, good for them. Belfast could be a serious spot for gigs in the next few months.

The Charlatans playing The Limelight in Belfast on the opening leg of their Headful of Ideas Tour 22nd November, tickets on sale tomorrow 10am. Probably the band I've seen the most in the city over the years, didn't shy away during the bad oul days and always get an amazing reception.

Shine have announced Nina Kraviz, Hector Oaks and Dyen for the Telegraph Building, 25th September if you fancy a healthy serving of doof.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

not a hope this year im afraid. going from pubs opening in a limited capacity to a festival of the ep scale in a few months is far beyond our vaccination ability unfortunately

Is it not too early to rule out EP this year? By September I'd imagine every adult who wants a vaccine will have at least one dose in their arm by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Is it not too early to rule out EP this year? By September I'd imagine every adult who wants a vaccine will have at least one dose in their arm by then.

End of june seems to be the forecast.

Even allowing another month (to cater for this government's natural ability to **** things up) we should be well cleared.

Keep being optimistic. Wish it into existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

everlast75 wrote: »
    End of june seems to be the forecast.

Even allowing another month (to cater for this government's natural ability to **** things up) we should be well cleared.

Keep being optimistic. Wish it into existence.

There only talking about increasing the limit for indoor weddings to 25 people in June! Not a hope it will go ahead in its current format!

Alkers wrote: »
    There only talking about increasing the limit for indoor weddings to 25 people in June! Not a hope it will go ahead in its current format!

blocked*

*:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

There's next to zero chance of EP or any other festival happening this year (even leaving aside the issues of international crew/workers and acts with so few actually touring).

There'll almost certainly be plenty of gigs come October/November in the likes of Whelans, Workmans, Roisin Dubh, De Barras and other small venues. 200 was the limit in the last Roadmap document, but that will probably be updated when vaccine rollout is complete.

I wouldn't put money on big arena shows, but who knows where we'll be in 6 months and everyone who wants a vaccine has got theirs.

There's next to zero chance of EP or any other festival happening this year (even leaving aside the issues of international crew/workers and acts with so few actually touring).

There'll almost certainly be plenty of gigs come October/November in the likes of Whelans, Workmans, Roisin Dubh, De Barras and other small venues. 200 was the limit in the last Roadmap document, but that will probably be updated when vaccine rollout is complete.

I wouldn't put money on big arena shows, but who knows where we'll be in 6 months and everyone who wants a vaccine has got theirs.

The reality is you don't know, and neither do I.

Pfizer could dump 2 million vaccines here tomorrow and all would be golden.

Conversely, there could be another blip with a particular vaccine or there could be further delays.

I'm sticking with "maybe it could happen".

That's a bit more realistic than "it *definitely* won't happen" IMHO.

Pfizer could dump 2 million vaccines here tomorrow and all would be golden.

youre forgetting how badly organised it has been so far, even if supply wasn't an issue the management still is. its not happening this year, start looking forward to next year

youre forgetting how badly organised it has been so far, even if supply wasn't an issue the management still is. its not happening this year, start looking forward to next year

Seriously, go remortgage your house, nip down to Paddy Powers and let them take your money if you're that certain.

Some of us want to entertain the slight possibility of an E.P. this year.

Others seemed determined to want to make a show of pi$$ing on their cornflakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Seriously, go remortgage your house, nip down to Paddy Powers and let them take your money if you're that certain.

Its not pissing on cornflakes from many people its simply being realistic.

they wouldn't take the bet since its a certainty. id like to entertain the possibility that ep will be tomorrow, consist of solely my favourite acts and will be completely free, but i also live in reality as holding on to irrational hope is pointless

Its not pissing on cornflakes from many people its simply being realistic.

Yeah, so anyway.

Nearly one quarter of a million vaccinations planned for next week...

LIVE: HSE says up to 240k doses to be administered next week as Cabinet to finalise roadmap out of lockdown https://jrnl.ie/5422641

At that rate, another million done by the end of june. Nothing to say the rate can't be upped between now and then either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Deluded

Nothing to say the rate can't be upped between now and then either..

lots of things to say it can't actually, the fact alot of over 70s still havent even got their first dose would be one to start

Hoboo wrote: »
    Deluded

There ya go lads and ladies.

Mods - close the thread!

It's been determined by those in the know it is not going ahead this year.

That's a certainty and anyone thinking otherwise is "deluded".

Scruffy - start up the 2022 one if you wouldn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

If we've learned anything from the last 15 months or so, it's surely to rule nothing in or out. The whole of humanity is due a nice surprise at some point in the future. In the meantime, I feel this should be a place for mildly deluded optimistic musos who dare to dream. It's what passes for a safe space these days.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    If we've learned anything from the last 15 months or so, it's surely to rule nothing in or out. The whole of humanity is due a nice surprise at some point in the future. In the meantime, I feel this should be a place for mildly deluded optimistic musos who dare to dream. It's what passes for a safe space these days.

it'll go ahead, headlined by the beatles, jimi hendrix, buddy holly & the big bopper......

'mildly' is an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

it'll go ahead, headlined by the beatles, jimi hendrix, buddy holly & the big bopper......

Well look, I think that's unlikely. Unless you're talking about Trailer Park on the Friday? The tribute band selection has always been pretty stellar. Fingers crossed, eh?

Seriously, your adding nothing to this thread at this stage. Nobody knows what's going to happen, it's definitely unlikely, but the country will be in a very different position in a month, nevermind the end of June. People most at risk are already fully vaccinated, and shock horror the roll out is finally starting to go well.

Those who love pi$$ing in cornflakes can come back when it gets cancelled and are to tell us that they told us so.

endainoz wrote: »
    Seriously, your adding nothing to this thread at this stage. Nobody knows what's going to happen, it's definitely unlikely, but the country will be in a very different position in a month, nevermind the end of June. People most at risk are already fully vaccinated, and shock horror the roll out is finally starting to go well.

Those who love pi$$ing in cornflakes can come back when it gets cancelled and are to tell us that they told us so.

UK are possibly allowing limited stadium capacity from the end of june onwards. Taking the average large stadium having a capacity of around 65,000 their looking at between 20,000 and 30,000 at most for events that will last around 3/4 hours, plus longer for crews setting up/ finishing after. The UK are infinitely further ahead of us in vaccinations even allowing for population size

EP is a 70,000 capacity sold-out event taking place over a number of days in a country that has been very slow to roll out the vaccine so far and that doesn't look like changing anytime soon. Even if it were allowed to go ahead by the relevant authorities, it would at best be at a significantly reduced capacity and that would not happen due to it being sold out already. Thats not even factoring in travel restrictions etc that will most likely be in place for the rest of the year

I like being optimistic, but im not delusional

UK are possibly allowing limited stadium capacity from the end of june onwards. Taking the average large stadium having a capacity of around 65,000 their looking at between 20,000 and 30,000 at most for events that will last around 3/4 hours, plus longer for crews setting up/ finishing after. The UK are infinitely further ahead of us in vaccinations even allowing for population size

EP is a 70,000 capacity sold-out event taking place over a number of days in a country that has been very slow to roll out the vaccine so far and that doesn't look like changing anytime soon. Even if it were allowed to go ahead by the relevant authorities, it would at best be at a significantly reduced capacity and that would not happen due to it being sold out already. Thats not even factoring in travel restrictions etc that will most likely be in place for the rest of the year

I like being optimistic, but im not delusional

Convenient you failed to mention all the UK festivals that are due to take place this year at full capacity....

And also the UK aren't "infinitely" ahead of Ireland on vaccines, in fact Ireland and the rest of the EU have every chance of catching up with them due to the massive gap of 12 weeks before doses. The percentage of UK second doses relative to first doses is at about 20% to 25% compared to Ireland which is at about 40%.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tbh they way I see if is if we get to the 80% or more fully vaccinated before the autumn then I dont see the reason there wont be gigs of all sizes e.g. 3Arena or Whelans.

Advertisement