Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

rubick wrote: »
    Had my first vaccine as of last Friday, the Astrazeneca one. No side effects thankfully, aside from a little insomnia that night.
    Scheduled for my 2nd dose on my birthday in June.

All anti-bodied up with nowhere to go.
    That seems like a really big gap?

I thought it was 30 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭endainoz

This latest J&J sh1te has me at a pretty low level of expectation now. Not a hope they'll meet the already optimistic targets they set out for themselves now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ronan called it. It's a roller coaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

endainoz wrote: »
    This latest J&J sh1te has me at a pretty low level of expectation now. Not a hope they'll meet the already optimistic targets they set out for themselves now.

It'll blow over.

Keep the faith*

* f**king shudders at the use of lyrics from Bon Jovi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Suckit wrote: »
    That seems like a really big gap?

I thought it was 30 days?

AZ is 12 weeks.
    Pfizer is 3 weeks.
    Not sure about Moderna, think it's short too.

• Advertisement

AZ is 12 weeks.
    Pfizer is 3 weeks.
    Not sure about Moderna, think it's short too.

Yeah it's 3 weeks, that's what my father schedule was.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I hope the government/EU realise that the side effects of taking AZ and J&J are better than the symptoms of Covid, like everyone knew there was going to be some people who would get a reaction (like any vaccine) from taking these jabs but them being so small is quite a good thing overall. As it has been said numerous times the Contraception Pill has more of a chance causing cloths but they keep selling it.

I'm just terrified if they come a long and say say J&J or AZ cannot be used we are in serious trouble with the roll out. I don't care what vaccine I get (whenever that will be) at this stage because I just want to go back to normal and enjoy a awful pint while sitting on the grass enjoying the Dublin Gospel Choir in Stradbally :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I hope the government/EU realise that the side effects of taking AZ and J&J are better than the symptoms of Covid, like everyone knew there was going to be some people who would get a reaction (like any vaccine) from taking these jabs but them being so small is quite a good thing overall. As it has been said numerous times the Contraception Pill has more of a chance causing cloths but they keep selling it.

I'm just terrified if they come a long and say say J&J or AZ cannot be used we are in serious trouble with the roll out. I don't care what vaccine I get (whenever that will be) at this stage because I just want to go back to normal and enjoy a awful pint while sitting on the grass enjoying the Dublin Gospel Choir in Stradbally :(

God that made my heart ache

Rfrip wrote: »
    God that made my heart ache

I think if we don't hear anything by the end of the month from festival republic, then I'm afraid we'll have to leave it at that.

I might be late to the party but the Ó Fhlathartas, the sean nós singers on Other Voices tonight, that's pretty special stuff.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I might be late to the party but the Ó Fhlathartas, the sean nós singers on Other Voices tonight, that's pretty special stuff.

Yeah I think I saw them on Slí na Beaglach before, brother and sister right? Would that be the first time sean nòs singers have been other voices?

endainoz wrote: »
    Yeah I think I saw them on Slí na Beaglach before, brother and sister right? Would that be the first time sean nòs singers have been other voices?

That's them. I certainly haven't seen the like of them on there before. Beautiful stuff anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭rubick

Can we talk about how great Dry Cleaning's 'Her Hippo' from the new album is, lads?
    My god that lead guitar riff. Contender for Album of the Year and it's only April.

https://youtu.be/a4LOye--gdg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They're a smasher. Perfectly suited to the role..

Ah I think they're great. They've a great 80s / early 90s sound.
    Between the guitar riffs and the spoken word approach, they remind me of a combination of the Smiths and Life Without Buildings (especially on scratchcard lanyard).

When I was younger i'd almost have a pang of disappointment when a band made big waves (as I pathetically felt they were 'my' band), but i'm delighted they're getting all the plaudits they rightly deserve. Maybe i'm maturing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭rubick

They're a smasher. Perfectly suited to the role..

Ah I think they're great. They've a great 80s / early 90s sound.
    Between the guitar riffs and the spoken word approach, they remind me of a combination of the Smiths and Life Without Buildings (especially on scratchcard lanyard).

When I was younger i'd almost have a pang of disappointment when a band made big waves (as I pathetically felt they were 'my' band), but i'm delighted they're getting all the plaudits they rightly deserve. Maybe i'm maturing..

ISWYDT ;)

Can't wait to the Button Factory show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

rubick wrote: »
    ISWYDT ;)

Can't wait to the Button Factory show.

Will they allow entry to people not on this thread?

I see EP alumni Margaret Glaspy and Sports team both have post Summer gigs slated for Whelan's. The gig scene is going to be mental once we're up and running, isn't it?

I see EP alumni Margaret Glaspy and Sports team both have post Summer gigs slated for Whelan's. The gig scene is going to be mental once we're up and running, isn't it?

Especially good to see British bands booking as I was concerned about tours not being so viable for them given the extra cost and paperwork.

A huge pity there's only one Irish gig for ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Was only watching of a clip on my phone from EP209 - Sports Team playing to about 20 people on the Three stage...was so! good

Sports Team gig clashes with Sleaford Mods at the Olympia if both proceed. Oh what a dilemma to have.

• Advertisement

LowOdour wrote: »
    Was only watching of a clip on my phone from EP209 - Sports Team playing to about 20 people on the Three stage...was so! good

Put it online. It's basically all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Sports Team gig clashes with Sleaford Mods at the Olympia if both proceed. Oh what a dilemma to have.

Oh, forgot i had tickets for SM!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

LowOdour wrote: »

Would be great to see that clip. Missed first few songs from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

502 sleeps till EP time (assumed). Got my now massive fat arse onto bike today to begin the process of being match fit for a weekend on the hoof and on the beer.

Saw the EP facebook page sharing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

502 sleeps till EP time (assumed). Got my now massive fat arse onto bike today to begin the process of being match fit for a weekend on the hoof and on the beer.

502 :( Are you going there already scruff!! I'm not ready to let go.

I think we're all struggling with the "Covid Stone"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Went there 5 days ago

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116872162&postcount=1238

Even if we get all the olds done, we're not going to have full vaccine coverage at that point, I'm in late 40s so a good chance of having been jabbed but are we really thinking they're gonna risk having an 80k event without the thing being properly wiped out?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Went there 5 days ago

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116872162&postcount=1238

Even if we get all the olds done, we're not going to have full vaccine coverage at that point, I'm in late 40s so a good chance of having been jabbed but are we really thinking they're gonna risk having an 80k event without the thing being properly wiped out?

I just assumed you were upping your post lunch napping schedule, to keep yourself fresh for EP

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

With the chances of this going ahead slim, I hope when they announce that its been postponed till 2022 I hope they announce the headliners or say we are delighted to have "RATM" back at EP 2022 etc instead of waiting till March 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

With the chances of this going ahead slim, I hope when they announce that its been postponed till 2022 I hope they announce the headliners or say we are delighted to have "RATM" back at EP 2022 etc instead of waiting till March 2022

In the words of Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel...

Don't give up

Advertisement