Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    Peter Gabriel...

wonder does he do festivals, crackin live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

Holding out for that all important Genesis '70-'74 Reunion Tour.
    Although I think oul Phil can't be at the drumming these days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

rubick wrote: »
    Holding out for that all important Genesis '70-'74 Reunion Tour.
    Although I think oul Phil can't be at the drumming these days :(

Which of Dante's nine circles of hell would you find that at?

Though I did once stumble across Yes at the main stage at Glasto so I have some immunity.

I made the leap from prog rock to acid house around '91! I took many a lump, but was all in good fun.

rubick wrote: »
    I made the leap from prog rock to acid house around '91! I took many a lump, but was all in good fun.

It'd evolution Rubick. Don't go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Though I did once stumble across Yes at the main stage at Glasto so I have some immunity.

I'm so sorry for your troubles..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hopefully they start to introduce concerts/festivals for the Vaccinated soon, rather than continue as if none of us are vaccinated until all vaccinated.

Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    Hopefully they start to introduce concerts/festivals for the Vaccinated soon, rather than continue as if none of us are vaccinated until all vaccinated.

Holding area for the vaccinated...

TheWickerManSenses-750x400.jpg

Body & We Want Your Soul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Johnson and Johnson jab going ahead for the over 50's. Thunderbirds are go for most of this thread. Dust off those dancing shoes, lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Johnson and Johnson jab going ahead for the over 50's. Thunderbirds are go for most of this thread. Dust off those dancing shoes, lads.

*kicking boots

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Damnit, it'll be touch and go for mid 30s

endainoz wrote: »
    Damnit, it'll be touch and go for mid 30s

Had you disclosed your relative youth earlier we'd have taken appropriate action at the Salty Dog.

Had you disclosed your relative youth earlier we'd have taken appropriate action at the Salty Dog.

Well in fairness I'm as far from being a teenager as all of you aul sh1tes are from being in their mid 30s

Some more relatively positive news.

So I mean it could definitely be possible to have EP with quick access for vaccinated people and rapid testing for those that won't be? I'd definitely be getting the Thursday night ticket if that were the case. Time will tell with outdoor events in the UK I guess.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Any chance of people in their 30's being honory members :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Any chance of people in their 30's being honory members :confused:

This thread is in danger of becoming old men shouting at clouds. Sure it could be only over 30s at EP this year. How sedate will that be?

.. i'm rambling on and on incoherently like the old geezer I am.

"...and then we brought a bag of cans into the Salty Dog. Which was the style of the time. Now, after the Friday evening, this guy fell out of a tree..."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Get my first vaccination on Friday afternoon. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This thread is in danger of becoming old men shouting at clouds. Sure it could be only over 30s at EP this year. How sedate will that be?

It would be amazing!

• Advertisement

Looking forward to a detailed review, BD, including vids and a soundtrack.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thats the news we like to hear in this chat

I can see it, Pablo. The youngsters with their little faces pressed enviously against the wire mesh fence outside, that Heineken monstrosity with a large seating area (maybe some day beds?) playing non-stop Wilco or Leonard Cohen or something else you can't dance to. It could work.

Snarky Snark Snark

Get into the wickerman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Get into the wickerman

Too late, Burning man has been cancelled.

I can see it, Pablo. The youngsters with their little faces pressed enviously against the wire mesh fence outside, that Heineken monstrosity with a large seating area (maybe some day beds?) playing non-stop Wilco or Leonard Cohen or something else you can't dance to. It could work.

Anyone remember the old cinema tent, had a couple of dozen beanbags. What a great place for a nap, and seemingly more needed than ever this September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Anyone remember the old cinema tent, had a couple of dozen beanbags. What a great place for a nap, and seemingly more needed than ever this September.

Goonies :)

The James are playing Highest Point Festival, 2nd September.
    Getting painful, this.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Goonies :)

My sister and her Argentine pal left Kraftwerk to watch Dirty Dancing in there. Her future husband, a Krautrock obsessive, was far from impressed, still unsure whether she's ever been forgiven. Not by me anyway, letting the family down like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭VM Varga

My sister and her Argentine pal left Kraftwerk to watch Dirty Dancing in there. Her future husband, a Krautrock obsessive, was far from impressed, still unsure whether she's ever been forgiven. Not by me anyway, letting the family down like that.

Surprised she didn’t incur an Auto bahn.

Advertisement