Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Luke O'Neill, practically an Oracle at this stage, says we'll be in the beer gardens by June. He wasn't pushed on an Electric picnic prediction but I like to think he's quietly confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Luke O'Neill, practically an Oracle at this stage, says we'll be in the beer gardens by June. He wasn't pushed on an Electric picnic prediction but I like to think he's quietly confident.

There's a lot of positive news re COVID.

A 3rd vaccine is approved and will be rolled out imminently, another 3 are en route.

The vaccines are effective against the new strains.

Antigen tests are revealed to be very accurate and cheap.

With them being good enough for hauliers, it is expected they will be rolled out quickly.

Have a listen if you want some optimistic news. It was nice for me to hear it, that's for sure.

https://pca.st/episode/643cdc85-2fb1-4e49-9cdd-8db2388913e3

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stillill42 wrote: »

Ill never leave the beer garden once they open

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

A tenuous link, but BBC6 are playing a lot of new post-punk bands this week and we should see some at EP '21 or '22 if the UK can sort out their musician via mess. Dry Cleaning a decent lot and this crew, my new favourite Mark E Smith band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

I see MCD are starting to annouce gigs for Autumn 2022 now...:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A tenuous link, but BBC6 are playing a lot of new post-punk bands this week and we should see some at EP '21 or '22 if the UK can sort out their musician via mess. Dry Cleaning a decent lot and this crew, my new favourite Mark E Smith band.

Ah, man - totally besotted with the Dry Cleaning heads up this end. They were booked for the original ATN 2020 line-up. 'Sit Down Meal' is such a banger!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Another Dry Cleaning fan here.
    Dog Proposal is great, but the hook in Magic of Meghan is class.

I haven't listened to 6music in 2 years so I wasn't aware they'd broken through.

Hadn't heard of TV Priest before. Right up my street, great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

https://ibb.co/cTx5XYg

Happy (early) Valentine's to almost everyone on this thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

Dry Cleaning have announced their debut album, troops!
    https://drycleaning.ochre.store/

This day last year, Rage were announced :(

• Advertisement

rubick wrote: »

Excellent. They're on heavy rotation on BBC6, the type of play that the Fontaines got two years ago and Idles two years before that.

Best chance of seeing them now is surely smallish gigs in Nov/Dec?

This day last year, Rage were announced :(

Yep, last night 2020 I was watching Bombay Bicycle Club in Vicar st.... :(

everlast75 wrote: »
    Yep, last night 2020 I was watching Bombay Bicycle Club in Vicar st.... :(

I remember a article from Rolling Stone with the headline RATM announce world tour , clicked into it and was shocked to see they had EP down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

rubick wrote: »

pre-ordered the indies vinyl today. thought I had gotten my hands on the two eps before christmas at cost price but wasn't to be.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I remember a article from Rolling Stone with the headline RATM announce world tour , clicked into it and was shocked to see they had EP down

Everybody across the world remembers where they were, the day Rage were announced for Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭endainoz

Everybody across the world remembers where they were, the day Rage were announced for Electric Picnic.

I was right here on boards anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dasdog

Their first album gets released in April. Saw them in front of about 30 people in The Workmans Club. It was like a decent vinyl album being played extremely loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone tuning into this tonight being streamed by Body & Soul at 8 PM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BodyandSoulIrl/status/1360305205812822021

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Anyone tuning into this tonight being streamed by Body & Soul at 8 PM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BodyandSoulIrl/status/1360305205812822021

Yeah, starts off being more than mildly pretentious, ends up being quite lovely. Am a fan of Talos, surprised he's not more lauded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Yeah, starts off being more than mildly pretentious, ends up being quite lovely. Am a fan of Talos, surprised he's not more lauded.

Think Talos is/are brilliant. Saw them in olympia Dec 2019 music was brilliant but awful gig as Christmas drinking crowd talked through it. Would gladly take a gig like that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ban-on-indoor-house-visits-to-remain-under-next-covid-phase-1.4484811
    Mass gatherings of more than 50 people are unlikely until a large swathe of the population have been vaccinated, with the Government cautiously optimistic about this being achieved in September.

pretty much zero chance of EP happening this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Im glad its early in the year now to be accepting its not going ahead. Its the hope that kills us!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

so Joy joy, will be celebrating 50th when next EP rolls around, assuming covid doesn't kill me first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Mucker46

so Joy joy, will be celebrating 50th when next EP rolls around, assuming covid doesn't kill me first.

Ditto

I remain open to the idea that it might yet happen.

I do however agree that if there isn't a gamechanger, such as a mass influx of J&J vaccines, or a mass influx of any other due to the J&J putting their considerable resources behind a vaccine and thus freeing up other brands, it will be ruled out come May.

3 months to have something spectacular happen. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    I remain open to the idea that it might yet happen.

I'd love for it to happen even as a scaled down affair but even if we have our **** together by early summer, we're completely dependant on the rest of the world having their **** together so that bands can tour again

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get a refund for your EP ticket from 2020? Think I'd rather get a refund now to be honest instead of having to wait til September 2022 to use it

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get a refund for your EP ticket from 2020? Think I'd rather get a refund now to be honest instead of having to wait til September 2022 to use it

SPLITTER!!!!

(kidding :) )

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Ditto

Ye're almost teenagers to us fifty-somethings. And thus targets.

• Advertisement

Id be tempted myself :(

Advertisement