Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Donnelly reckons everyone in the country will be vaccinated by September. Bodes well for the festival going ahead in some form barring any hiccups in rollout.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dohboy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Well the liklihood of Boris getting his sh1t together anytime soon isn't great so I can imagine why they cancelled.

As bad as our lot are, we hopefully stand a better chance.

The Brits are ahead of us on vaccine roll-out tbf. If Glasto was happening in September it would still have had a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

dohboy wrote: »
    The Brits are ahead of us on vaccine roll-out tbf. If Glasto was happening in September it would still have had a chance.

Wouldn't trust a f**kin word out of them on numbers. Vaccination cannot be considered done until you've had both jabs. They're pushing out the time to the second jab which could have serious consequences.

Remember, this is the shower of shysters that were counting each glove, not each pair of gloves as a unit of ppe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭endainoz

Wouldn't trust a f**kin word out of them on numbers. Vaccination cannot be considered done until you've had both jabs. They're pushing out the time to the second jab which could have serious consequences.

Remember, this is the shower of shysters that were counting each glove, not each pair of gloves as a unit of ppe.

Correct, they also decided to give up the right to be able to sue the vaccine companies if anything goes wrong just to start putting it out a couple of weeks early. They then hailed it as because of Brexit they could do what they wanted when in actual fact they were still subject to the same EU rules.

I'm not that suprised about one of the biggest festivals in the world won't go ahead in June, it's just too soon. Donnelly came out to say today that everyone will have the jab by September. While that does remain to be seen, it does explain why body and sould plan to move to September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Glastonbury, and most other festivals in early summer's problem, is that most bands aren't touring then.
    Regardless of whether or not the UK is vaccinated, no bands are doing tours throughout Europe in June, especially ones from the US.
    Glastonbury heavily relies on bands being in the area and playing for a reduced fee.

There seems to be lots of festivals moved to September, so EP might be OK in that regard, but I'd imagine it'll be a case of taking what they can get from whoever will tour then.
    I'm not sure if any Live Nation/Festival Republic festivals have been announced for then that could share acts?

I would imagine all festivals that have moved to September will have weaker than usual lineups, but I doubt anyone will really care.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I would imagine all festivals that have moved to September will have weaker than usual lineups, but I doubt anyone will really care.

by that stage, i'd almost tongue bath an unwashed furry Furey brother for a bit of live music in a field with an overpriced pint.

by that stage, i'd almost tongue bath an unwashed furry Furey brother for a bit of live music in a field with an overpriced pint.

We'll be all singing along to Gavin James next September, and you'll all fcuking love it

Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    We'll be all singing along to Gavin James next September, and you'll all fcuking love it

the beatings will continue until the morale singalongs improve

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Always always ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I'll hum as I'm walking past on my way to anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Bearded Theory in the UK has already moved from May to 9-11 Sept.
    They've announced Placebo as their first headliner.
    Could see them headlining/sub-headliner at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Fightin' talk in here. Fair play lads. It ain't over till it's over. The dream lives on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Fightin' talk in here. Fair play lads. It ain't over till it's over. The dream lives on.

Indeed.

"One day maybe we will dance again
    Under fiery skies"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭rubick

This rollercoaster of emotions. Like dying with a head on ye of a Sunday morning and having a can at the tent.
    Or giving it full tilt at 3am in the woods, being knackered and auto-piloting back to base and having a can at the tent.
    Tent cans, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

made me lol :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Always always ..

I take it that's a track by Gavin James. Do I get a bonus point for not knowing it? Or indeed anything at all by the lad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

everlast75 wrote: »
    Indeed.

"One day maybe we will dance again
    Under fiery skies"

They were class at Slane 98!

I know this ain't something very deep but it's good fun so go run into the crowd:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I take it that's a track by Gavin James. Do I get a bonus point for not knowing it? Or indeed anything at all by the lad.

Closet Gavin James fan I reckon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Closet Gavin James fan I reckon :p

Got me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

patch wrote: »

Can ya imagine... all geared up... cans chilled... beat the traffic to get good camping spot... and get turned away like a teenager at a 21s disco cause you test positive with no symptoms... it wouldn't be the covid that did kill me if that happened...

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Got me.

4 cords is all you need!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fatfrog wrote: »
    4 cords is all you need!!

1 too many

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/music/the-flaming-lips-hold-first-space-bubble-concert-oklahoma-2863939

Flaming lips bubble concert - there's hope yet (i'd love my own bubble at a gig :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 FamousDave

mimimcmc wrote: »
    https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/music/the-flaming-lips-hold-first-space-bubble-concert-oklahoma-2863939

Flaming lips bubble concert - there's hope yet (i'd love my own bubble at a gig :D )

Ludicrously expensive. And how long does the air last inside one of those things?!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

mimimcmc wrote: »

No Guinness allowed...

FamousDave wrote: »
    Ludicrously expensive. And how long does the air last inside one of those things?!

"€9 per per Oxygen fill, rip off....!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

FamousDave wrote: »
    Ludicrously expensive. And where do I sign up?!

FYP. :)

Government hoping for things to be 'much better' from April - but no large gigs on the cards this summer https://jrnl.ie/5335248

Great news to start off the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Government hoping for things to be 'much better' from April - but no large gigs on the cards this summer https://jrnl.ie/5335248

Great news to start off the day

I read the too but figure that's their prediction as things stand.

There are more vaccines coming on board next month and hopefully that will rank up vaccinations, which will change things for the better hopefully :)

Advertisement