Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava changes

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Would you not do a lap of the block one time and take your rightful crown?

There is one round the corner from me I know I can take but its the opposite way to work. Saving it for the next lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Keeks wrote: »
    Subtract one from the other and see fi ti matches an activity or group of activities...

Thats exactly what I did and I found the activity causing the difference, which I deleted and once I did that the two figures match,

However when I uploaded it again it gets included in my year to date figure but no distance for my goal for the year - very strange. it is my usual cycle and process for uploading so nothing different about that particular activity i.e. its not a private activity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

bazermc wrote: »
    Thats exactly what I did and I found the activity causing the difference, which I deleted and once I did that the two figures match,

However when I uploaded it again it gets included in my year to date figure but no distance for my goal for the year - very strange. it is my usual cycle and process for uploading so nothing different about that particular activity i.e. its not a private activity

Update - fixed now I think. It was double counting that specific activity so when I went into the profile page and hit the refresh activities it corrected it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Apparently the latest change in Strava is the changing of ones Flyby status to private (makes sense though)...
    https://runningmagazine.ca/the-scene/strava-quietly-turns-off-flyby-feature/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Apparently the latest change in Strava is the changing of ones Flyby status to private (makes sense though)...
    https://runningmagazine.ca/the-scene/strava-quietly-turns-off-flyby-feature/

I saw a notice from Strava on my activity feed a few days ago announcing this. I turned mine back to public, but on viewing any random spin in my history, I can see very few others, so I reckon most people either don't know its been set to private, or do and want to keep it that way.

Just checked Flyby from the Wicklow 200 last year, and I can see only 7 others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you can see a massive difference; i did 75k today, passed a lot of other people, and the flyby feature only lists one other rider now, whereas before it'd have been in the dozens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

How do people find the routes expore option?
    For me it seems very poor. I am a subscriber.

If I turn on Location it will bring up a max of 3 routes. However, I can't seem to get it to point to elsewhere on the map to bring up other routes.

It would be great if you could just type in the name of an area/route and it would then come up with various options.

Thanks

When you open routes, do you have a series of buttons across the top of the map? I can use those to change location, activity type, desired distance, desired climbing, and desired surface type.

That's on strava on android.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I do but when I type in the name of a route and the county it is bringing up stuff in America and elsewhere.

Is there not an option to just zoom in on an area of the map, drop a pin there and that will bring up any routes listed?

• Advertisement

I don't have the ability to choose a location on the map, but typing one in works.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I'm on strava premium, can I display current and average speed? Display shows
    Time
    Current speed
    Distance

Thanks,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭MangleBadger

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm on strava premium, can I display current and average speed? Display shows
    Time
    Current speed
    Distance

Thanks,
    Pa
    I don’t think so. When I was using my phone on a mount I switched to Cyclemeter which will show you a lot of real time information

Advertisement