Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

yep, on a full fat browser window, open the activity you have done which contains the segment you want, and you''l see at the bottom of the left hand menu an option with three dots. click that and the top of the sub-menu has the option to create a new segment.

Cheers. I haven't done segment A-B yet so don't think I can.
    Also noticed that if I've cycled A-B-C and want to create a segment B-C it won't allow me as A was my starting point & I can't move my starting point past the end point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you should be able to move the start point and end points as much as you'd like on an activity you've done.
    you can use the green and red dots as sliders for start and end points and the 'backwards' and 'forwards' buttons to finesse their position.

514238.png

you should be able to move the start point and end points as much as you'd like on an activity you've done.
    you can use the green and red dots as sliders for start and end points and the 'backwards' and 'forwards' buttons to finesse their position.

514238.png

Thanks but it doens't work for me- you can't move the start point/green past the end point/red or vice versa.

So for A-B-C-A (a loop) I can make segments from A-B, A-C, C-A etc. but not for any in the reverse direction, eg. C-B.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yes - you can't create a start point after the end point of a segment.
    it takes the GPS data from your ride and uses that as the basis for the new segment.

in your earlier post, you can create your B-C segment as this was the order in which you cycled them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

get back out there and cycle it in the other direction!

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    get back out there and cycle it in the other direction!

My exact plan now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Anyone want a 50 euro voucher for Le Col? https://lecol.cc/pages/strava-challenge-t-cs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

If this is the way Strava are going it would push me from even bothering to avail of a free account.

"Local Legends"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLKq1j0QxE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Sounds good to me though. Apart from some random and isolated running segments, I won't get near the top 10 in most. But with the local legend I'd be in with a good shot on many of the local, obviously, ones.

Time to create a bunch of new ones.....

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

anyone find that on the Strava iphone app the overview activity map isnt showing , photos from activity are there but map is a beige panel

if i tap on it it gives a map which i can zoom into ?

also for one of my rides there is no flyby ?, its not marked as private ?
    delete and resync ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

devonp wrote: »
    .. for one of my rides there is no flyby ?, its not marked as private ?
    delete and resync ?
    Perhaps no one else was out who was using Strava or they have opted out of FlyBy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Check who b bike it thinks you used, if you have a trainer and it picks it, it stops flybys and segments if it's real world AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I just got myself a new iPad. Never had one before, was using phone and laptop

I downloaded the Strava app but it is just a Larger screen version of the iPhone app.

Is there not something specific for iPads?

Can you browse the Strava web site on it?

Can you browse the Strava web site on it?

Yes suppose I can. Just thought the app looked a bit crap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

bazermc wrote: »
    Is there not something specific for iPads?

If you think about it, there's hardly any need for a tablet specific app. The phone app is useful for recording activities and browsing on a small screen. After that the full fat website is all you need.

On the full fat site you can still get your monthly mileage if you click on training at the top and calendar. I don't think you can see this anymore on the app for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

On the full fat site you can still get your monthly mileage if you click on training at the top and calendar. I don't think you can see this anymore on the app for free.

Yep. Monthly mileage is in the Training tab which is a subscription feature. You can still get your weekly kms in the main feed on the app if you select your own activities.

Does anybody use the yearly goal function in Strava and notice a difference between the KM per the goal and per the year to date KM in the profile tab?

I put a goal of a certain amount of KM for the year and the goal tells me what I have done to date and what is left to achieve goal,

However, when I look at my statistics tab the year to date of actual cycling is a slightly higher amount. I checked all my uploads and they are correctly loaded as cycle, so don’t understand why the goal is cutting me short!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Does anybody use the yearly goal function in Strava and notice a difference between the KM per the goal and per the year to date KM in the profile tab?

I put a goal of a certain amount of KM for the year and the goal tells me what I have done to date and what is left to achieve goal,

However, when I look at my statistics tab the year to date of actual cycling is a slightly higher amount. I checked all my uploads and they are correctly loaded as cycle, so don’t understand why the goal is cutting me short!!

Maybe the goal is not based on the calendar year but based on one year from the date you created the goal? Just a guess

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I assume you're looking at the app rather than the web page.
    My numbers (on android) are the same.

... I checked all my uploads and they are correctly loaded as cycle, so don’t understand why the goal is cutting me short!!
    I'm wondering if it's the same as Veloviewer - it lists all activities rather than just cycles which makes the annual figure seem a bit higher than it actually is. (In my sig below the Year To Date figure includes a couple of hundred kms of walks whereas I'd prefer if I could just see cycling stats).

I'm wondering if it's the same as Veloviewer - it lists all activities rather than just cycles which makes the annual figure seem a bit higher than it actually is. (In my sig below the Year To Date figure includes a couple of hundred kms of walks whereas I'd prefer if I could just see cycling stats).
    The app has three tabs under stats (cycling/running/swimming) so it shouldn't really - although, contradicting myself, I think the runnig tab includes walking so maybe cycling includes something else?

I also note on the web site, if you go to your profile page, you'll see your stats. below your stats table, there's a "Refresh Stats" button - maybe click that to see if that resolves any discrepancy.

i have used 'refresh stats' a couple of times to fix mismatches. not needed it this year though.

The app has three tabs under stats (cycling/running/swimming) so it shouldn't really - although, contradicting myself, I think the runnig tab includes walking so maybe cycling includes something else?
    Yes, I know that. My point was that Veloviewer seems to throw walks in with cycles even when they are uploaded to Strava as walks.
    I also note on the web site, if you go to your profile page, you'll see your stats. below your stats table, there's a "Refresh Stats" button - maybe click that to see if that resolves any discrepancy.
    Yes, I can get my specific cycling stats on Strava (hence the reason I'm aware of the discrepancy with Veloviewer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If you have a privacy zone around somewhere eg your house, it can mess with the stats and they show up as slightly different numbers IIRC

CramCycle wrote: »
    If you have a privacy zone around somewhere eg your house, it can mess with the stats and they show up as slightly different numbers IIRC
    No, distances recorded within privacy zones are recorded (in my experience anyway). For example, if I arrive home and my distance is near a round number, I often do another km or so within my privacy zone to round it up.

It doesn't include you in a segment though if it starts/ends in your privacy zone. There's a very popular one which ends outside my home but I ain't on the leaderboard since moving here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Would you not do a lap of the block one time and take your rightful crown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Subtract one from the other and see fi ti matches an activity or group of activities...

Advertisement