Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your thoughts on the Ian Wright/Patrick O'Brien situation?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Why should he lose access to twitter?

Breaking their terms of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Still can't believe the guy was stupid enough to use his real identity to send that sh*te.

On a side note I thought it was a little funny that he kind of ruined social media for this guy:
    https://twitter.com/_PatrickOBrien_/status/1259852988463616003

• Registered Users Posts: 16,082 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i think he was a young lad who no harm. he was going for max impact without meaning it.like a GF telling her BF you have a use less dick. or vice versa, you have a useless fanny.
    in arguments, you throw out insults. they are forgiven cos it was dont to annoy you.

ian wright, asking for some 15 year old kid to be imprisoned? that aint justice. thats revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I believe it would have been appropriate to convict him... he was an adult. What he posted was despicable, racist and disgusting abuse...our judiciary, yet again... jeeez... a conviction, a nice fine and a suspended few weeks sentence I think would have been appropriate.. he’s a racist... not a dumb kid talking BS... to claim that as the case does a disservice to the vast majority of young people who have higher standards, values and respect for those of differing ethnicities

The damage will be done however when he looks for work probably.. a cv arrives, a google search of his name with reported address... game over... nobody would take on somebody who is capable of thoughts such as these firstly and secondly.. pure dumb stupid enough to post them for the world and their victim to witness out on the Internet...

Strumms wrote: »
    I believe it would have been appropriate to convict him... he was an adult. What he posted was despicable, racist and disgusting abuse...our judiciary, yet again... jeeez... a conviction, a nice fine and a suspended few weeks sentence I think would have been appropriate.. he’s a racist... not a dumb kid talking BS... to claim that as the case does a disservice to the vast majority of young people who have higher standards, values and respect for those of differing ethnicities

The damage will be done however when he looks for work probably.. a cv arrives, a google search of his name with reported address... game over... nobody would take on somebody who is capable of thoughts such as these firstly and secondly.. pure dumb stupid enough to post them for the world and their victim to witness out on the Internet...

will you share your whatsapp history with the world?

will anyone! no. i know you've said worse in your groups.

but, lets jump on this cos its cool to do.

• Advertisement

will you share your whatsapp history with the world?

will anyone! no. i know you've said worse in your groups.

but, lets jump on this cos its cool to do.

Errrr...No, my WhatsApp history is private interaction between myself and those I’m communicating with, want to share yours ? :confused:;) no, thought not !

Which groups have I said worse in ? and what worse exactly did I say ? Seeing as you ‘know’ I’ve said worse !

Interesting that you’d accuse me of sending racist abuse in my WhatsApp groups without knowing me, or my friends, WhatsApp friends and contacts for that matter.

Errrr...No, my WhatsApp history is private interaction between myself and those I’m communicating with, want to share yours ? :confused:;) no, thought not !

Which groups have I said worse in ? and what worse exactly did I say ? Seeing as you ‘know’ I’ve said worse !

Interesting that you’d accuse me of sending racist abuse in my WhatsApp groups without knowing me, or my friends, WhatsApp friends and contacts for for that matter.

it might be private, i want to see if you have ever made a racist remark.

habe you?

i'm not accusing of anything. i am simply saying, chances are you made a comment. dont make you racist, but don't judge people at the same time.

it might be private, i want to see if you have ever made a racist remark.

habe you?

i'm not accusing of anything. i am simply saying, chances are you made a comment. dont make you racist, but don't judge people at the same time.

You did accuse me...

“i know you've said worse in your groups”.. are you not actually aware of what you are posting now ?

I’ll judge who I like. This individual made these comments on a public social media platform. Living in a democracy as I do, I reserve the right to pass comment, judge, form an opinion and post. I’ll leave it here..

You did accuse me...

“i know you've said worse in your groups”.. are you not actually aware of what you are posting now ?

I’ll judge who I like. This individual made these comments on a public social media platform. Living in a democracy as I do, I reserve the right to pass comment, judge, form an opinion and post. I’ll leave it here..

im not accusing you of nought.

i am saying, racism doesn't exist. if you're good enough, be that a ginger irish man, or whatever that it.

this nonsense of wanting to include.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Or he follows the link attached and has all mention of it removed.

https://support.google.com/websearch/troubleshooter/3111061?hl=en

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

im not accusing you of nought.

i am saying, racism doesn't exist. if you're good enough, be that a ginger irish man, or whatever that it.

this nonsense of wanting to include.

I suggest you post in sobriety next time lad. Racism doesn't exist. Would you stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I i still have not heard anything from you other than an opinion that he would have appealed.

I am sorry but does not make any sense- what else are you expecting?

Advertisement