Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Slave1 got next

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

You should get 45-47 on the triple heads and ionity you will get same speeds as supercharger or even faster. I hit 128kW on ionity in 5 year old S.
    slave1 wrote: »
    Promised photos..

Tesla Van (he's getting a converted P100 in the next week or so)
    IMG-20200702-110012-1.jpg

The module that requires fitting, smack bang in the centre of the back seats
    IMG-20200702-111839-1.jpg

Adaptor, much neater than the CHAdeMo trailing adapter IMHO, very solid in the charge port
    IMG-20200702-192114-1.jpg

Will be interesting to see the charge speed on the 50s and if I'm really stuck the Ionity 350s nearby, but at present I've no need for DC charging, all my commuting and driving all covered by AC

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Gumbo wrote: »

Any details on the sunroof water collection and where to check?
    Might be no harm for those of us with no warranty checking those spots :)

Here it is, there are two draining holes but they appear to be taped up on mine, no idea why but the Ranger said he was not going to mess with the tape until he had a little cable to clear the channels in case they are blocked.
    He's coming back to fix my frunk release so I'm grand just to empty any water that collects in the meantime...

IMG-20200702-121817-1.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Oh, and here's the Rhino boot liner as mentioned in previous post week or so ago...

IMG-20200705-130843-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Looks very similar to mine, although yours looks slightly better quality. I got this one:

Linky

I'm afraid it's not holding up well though. Not helped by our hair shedding dog who likes to go to the beach and by the fact that I use the hatchback a lot for transporting stuff (with the seats down)

Mine is just so I can dump stuff into the boot and not have to worry about the car fabric, paid over a ton sterling for mine but as you can see even though it says custom fit it does not wrap around the wells at any stage.

• Advertisement

I take it you don't have a dog? If you ever get one, I got this dog guard custom fit for the Model S, well made, fits perfectly - just slides into the back seat top slots so can be removed or fitted in a few seconds. Not cheap either at GBP130

Linky

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Here it is, there are two draining holes but they appear to be taped up on mine, no idea why but the Ranger said he was not going to mess with the tape until he had a little cable to clear the channels in case they are blocked.
    He's coming back to fix my frunk release so I'm grand just to empty any water that collects in the meantime...

IMG-20200702-121817-1.jpg

Cheers, I'll keep an eye on mine.
    I'll actually check them in the morning as its in Sandyford Service Centre at 9.15am for its 100k km Service.

So going back to the low power front USB ports, this guy arrived today and I can confirm delivers a Quick charge through it's Quick Charge port, also bring a lot more USB power options given it has 4 ports in total.
    Paid $3.18 for it.
    Plan on having plenty of power options given the amount of devices these days so I'll post further as purchases arrive and get installed...

Yes, the USB ports give ridiculously low power, they are not suitable for charging any modern device. But grand for plugging in sticks with music, etc. The cigarette lighter is the only one with decent amperage. Mine is on permanently now, which is handy so it will keep charging your phone when you're back in the house or at the shops, etc.

So got my first fast charge (CCS) yesterday in a ridiculously difficult short cable on an EasyGo charger.
    Duration 39minutes, 26 kWh charge, max power was 45.2kW.
    Was stopping for grub and it was FOC so no complaints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So got my first fast charge (CCS) yesterday in a ridiculously difficult short cable on an EasyGo charger.
    Yes, at a 50kW unit that's about the peak, 45-47kW depending. You'll never get the full 50 as the voltage is a bit low.

Voltage my side or charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

Where is there a free CCS charge point?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

markpb wrote: »
    Where is there a free CCS charge point?

EasyGo in Supermacs, Kinnegad.

Just discovered you can quickly swipe down on the screen where the Navigation alert box is and it will setup route to Home with just the swipe!

Just discovered you can quickly swipe down on the screen where the Navigation alert box is and it will setup route to Home with just the swipe!

So this is what I’ve been doing. :)

A few times I’ve done something on the screen and all of a sudden directions start appearing. I thought it was my calender appointment syncing or something.

Thanks.

Very handy to share google maps destination from your phone to your Tesla, it will start nav straight away in your car as soon as you share. Use it daily.

unkel wrote: »
    Very handy to share google maps destination from your phone to your Tesla, it will start nav straight away in your car as soon as you share. Use it daily.

This was a great feature of the bmw connected app too.
    Very handy although the Tesla system is much easier and more efficient and takes less than half the time!

So much so that it is the first car that I have owned that I actively use the nav system in. With all my other cars I couldn't be bothered as you either had to plug your phone in (like for Android auto) which is a bit 1998 or you had to do the search again in the nav system, which is worse again. I usually search for something on google maps on my PC. Then when I click on the google maps app on my phone, the search is right there (as it is synced via my google account), just click on share and then the tesla app and it's in the car's nav. Which in turn has high quality satellite images and live traffic update, with free internet and a free subscription to this excellent service for life. I'm not complaining :D

So much so that it is the first car that I have owned that I actively use the nav system in. With all my other cars I couldn't be bothered as you either had to plug your phone in (like for Android auto) which is a bit 1998 or you had to do the search again in the nav system, which is worse again. I usually search for something on google maps on my PC. Then when I click on the google maps app on my phone, the search is right there (as it is synced via my google account), just click on share and then the tesla app and it's in the car's nav. Which in turn has high quality satellite images and live traffic update, with free internet and a free subscription to this excellent service for life. I'm not complaining :D

I hear ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I usually search for something on google maps on my PC. Then when I click on the google maps app on my phone, the search is right there (as it is synced via my google account), just click on share and then the tesla app and it's in the car's nav.

Shur even the lowly Leaf had that in 2010! :)

KCross wrote: »
    Shur even the lowly Leaf had that in 2010! :)
    my 2014 leaf didnt have this!

So time flies, in spite of travel restrictions have just put 2,000kms on in 7 weeks.
    Plus
    No buyers regret, this is very important given the sum at stake
    Interface, really like the stalk for Drive/Reverse/Brake selection, so much better than down where the gear knob used to be
    Screen, Google Maps is just class with satellite views, great to look over the hedge on those houses you've been passing for years, I would deffo had regretted not holding out for free connectivity for life now I've used it
    Smoothness, came with v expensive Good Years and they are so quiet, was on the new stretch of the M6 which was just resurfaced with smooth tarmac and the car was virtually silent at 120kms/hr
    Sound, excels with electronic music in particular, have all my favourite Depeche Mode Remixes on flac format on the USB, bliss. Have found my sound tester on Spotify and that would be Metallica Master of Puppets, the drums are super
    Looks, it's gorgeous (subjective)
    Space, it's massive, the boot took two large golf cart bags, two trolleys and all the bits and pieces no problem, with still the frunk free!
    Dual Chargers, as I've said previously this opens up the country as these are widespread and give a great boost for short stops, I just hook up when out for walks in the late evening, haven't charged at home to date as the 22's are doing me just fine
    Performance, you want to pass out then you can, no problem, foot down and you are away!
    AP1, flawless for me to date and very relaxing on long motorway spins
    Other, text to speech, voice command for AC, free Spotify, ability to camp overnight, more refined and reliable App, Location memory on suspension, movement to a two EV household
    Aftermarket toys, there are just so many, couldn't start

Minus
    It's very low on entry/exit, deffo something to consider if you have a bad back
    With zero Tesla superchargers you have to pony up €500 for the CCS upgrade to allow you to rapid charge, 50 chargers peak at 45 so not a massive difference to the 22s, Ionity and Tesla I have yet to use so looking forward to seeing those speeds

You and I are more similar than I thought. Must get those Depeche Mode remixes off you if we were ever to meet :D

My experience is pretty much the same. Happy with the US style gear stalk (having to press a button in the dark to select the gear in Ioniq was daft). Super practical, the boot with the seats down takes all the big stuff I throw in it - big bikes or mopeds, swallowed whole. Full size solar panels and all that without having to be careful - all of these would be really tight in almost all other hatchbacks that are substantially smaller.

I get the biggest smile on my face from the comedy accelerations I do many times a day, traction control can't handle the full performance at all but it's a gentle giant, so not stepping out of line much compared to other cars I have / had :D

You haven't charged at home yet, so all your miles were completely free? :eek:

You haven't charged at home yet, so all your miles were completely free? :eek:

Myself and the missus go for a 10km walk every evening since lockdown so that's about 36-40kWh take on, we have four 22kW dual chargers along our various routes so there's always one free to date.
    I mean we have to park there anyhow so why not hook up!

Myself and the missus go for a 10km walk every evening since lockdown so that's about 36-40kWh take on, we have four 22kW dual chargers along our various routes so there's always one free to date.
    I mean we have to park there anyhow so why not hook up!
    That seems a better question to direct to her.

ELM327 wrote: »
    my 2014 leaf didnt have this!

It did, they all do (except the XE models).

It did, they all do.
    Let's rephrase.
    In the 60k km or so I did in my leaf, not only did I not use it, I was not aware it was possible!

ELM327 wrote: »
    Let's rephrase.
    In the 60k km or so I did in my leaf, not only did I not use it, I was not aware it was possible!

Its in the menus. Not entirely obvious and not explained in the manual very well either but it is there alright.

Im sure Tesla's implementation of it is slicker. I tried it out in the Leaf and it worked but never used it again... was just easier to get the GPS coordinates and pump those in.

• Advertisement

I tried it out in the Leaf and it worked but never used it again... was just easier to get the GPS coordinates and pump those in.

That says a lot :p

I don't think I have ever manually typed in GPS coordinates into anything :p Probably quicker to get the paper map out and do some old skool navigation (I was good at that) :D

Advertisement