Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Slave1 got next

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah I know. Sandyford would be a lot handier for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

Sorry to derail the forum a small bit but interested in yer opinion of this;
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-ev-sv-cold-pk-40kw/24471234

Thought 26k sounded cheap given it's only a year old and 8,500 KM but given the 60KW pack is out now would you expect prices to be cheaper?

rounders wrote: »

Thought 26k sounded cheap given it's only a year old and 8,500 KM but given the 60KW pack is out now would you expect prices to be cheaper?

I don't think Slave1 would trade his Tesla back in for a Leaf :p

And as for your question, that's a 40kWh Leaf and way overpriced. What makes you think it's a 60kWh pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There's a main chat thread.

However that car has been reduced 2k already and given it's "1 year old" in about a week I'd expect another reduction. If you're dead set on a leaf, the L62 is a much better car.

But seriously, get something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

unkel wrote: »
    I don't think Slave1 would trade his Tesla back in for a Leaf :p

And as for your question, that's a 40kWh Leaf and way overpriced. What makes you think it's a 60kWh pack?
    ELM327 wrote: »
    There's a main chat thread.

However that car has been reduced 2k already and given it's "1 year old" in about a week I'd expect another reduction. If you're dead set on a leaf, the L62 is a much better car.

But seriously, get something else!

Sorry tried to find the other trend but couldn't remember what it was called. Even looked at where Unkel has posted cause I've seen him post in the other thread a few times but couldn't see it

Summary though, too expensive and stay away from Leaf cause they aren't innovating quick enough?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Sorry tried to find the other trend but couldn't remember what it was called. Even looked at where Unkel has posted cause I've seen him post in the other thread a few times but couldn't see it

Summary though, too expensive and stay away from Leaf cause they aren't innovating quick enough?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057470095&page=218

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Lack of new standard - CCS charging (outdated & slow charging on Leaf), no active battery cooling, rapidgate.....

Get an Ioniq - far better car. There's one going in the for sale classifieds here (mine :pac:).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Anyhow....puddle light, cheap thing that the young one wanted to get done.
    In other news the better half and young one camped last night in the S, resounding success, loads of room and AC on all night

Screenshot-2020-06-25-11-50-25-804-com-miui-gallery-1.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I usually find nearly any modification to a car tacky, but I have to say I like that :) Any linky?

And tell us more about the camping, you stuck a double (air?) mattress in the back with the seat down (front seats moved forwards?), switched camp mode on and that was it?

I usually find nearly any modification to a car tacky, but I have to say I like that :) Any linky?

And tell us more about the camping, you stuck a double (air?) mattress in the back with the seat down (front seats moved forwards?), switched camp mode on and that was it?

Linky, I went for the 4300K White Yellow option.

No mattress, just a double duvet as the base, camp mode on, that was it

• Advertisement

CCS upgrade done by Ranger today, 35minutes I'd say, just a new communication device fitted under rear seat and some software reflashing and he was done.
    Very nice chap, had a good chat.
    As my frunk opening is dodgy he will fit a new actuator in a few weeks with another Ranger call.
    Some water collecting at the sunroof so he will tackle that too.
    Both covered under warranty.
    I'll throw up some photos later (in work now...

Nice work. CCS was EUR475?

Have had a look at CHAdeMO adapters on eBay, but they sell usually for over GBP250. Why the hell would someone spend that sort of money when they can get the far superior CCS upgrade from Tesla itself (so with warranty) for not an awful lot more than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

Have had a look at CHAdeMO adapters on eBay, but they sell usually for over GBP250. Why the hell would someone spend that sort of money when they can get the far superior CCS upgrade from Tesla itself (so with warranty) for not an awful lot more than that?

Isn't Chademo a lot more available than CCS in parts of the UK?

markpb wrote: »
    Isn't Chademo a lot more available than CCS in parts of the UK?

CCS now €500

CHAdeMO was originally a lot more penetrated in UK in the early days (think Leaf being the first car to market) and as Tesla did not have a Supercharger network there was literally no way to fast charge a Tesla so they developed the CHAdeMO adapter years before the CCS one (and in line with the Model 3 adoption of CCS in EU).

Tesla EU Superchargers V3 are highly likely to be solo CCS cables I've read so all Tesla's will need CCS upgrade at some stage, newer model S and X are pre-configured for CCS so no upgrade required.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

slave1 wrote: »
    I've read so all Tesla's will need CCS upgrade at some stage

Thats a bit of a kick in the teeth for those that bought early models and have free supercharging for life... (yeah, only if you pay €500 for the CCS upgrade).

Or would these folk expect the CCS upgrade for free so as to continue to have what they bought (free supercharging for life).

Or do Tesla keep 20% of Superchargers at a location at V2 to accommodate the non CCS cars?

They'll only need an upgrade to use V3 Superchargers (assuming I read correctly), existing superchargers will be fine.
    I could be totally wrong in my interpretation

Ah, so existing superchargers will stay as they are, and V3 ones will be for new locations only? and then perhaps eventually replace teh V2's when they stop getting used (or when they know there's no more non CCS Tesla's out there)

They won't remove V2 superchargers.
    V3 is the next ones but they are still putting in V2s aswell.
    Can't imagine anyone not paying for the CCS upgrade tbh.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Can't imagine anyone not paying for the CCS upgrade tbh.

Oh, I'm sure we can think of one....:rolleyes:

In fairness there is still the option to use the ESB Fast Chargers 43 DC option on the triple headers.
    They are Type 2 so should power up a Tesla Model S?

• Advertisement

Yes but he's almost as much of an oddball/cheapskate as I am :D:D:D

In fairness there is still the option to use the ESB Fast Chargers 43 DC option on the triple headers.
    They are Type 2 so should power up a Tesla Model S?
    Yes, you will get 12kW /17kW / 23kW depending on the car.

Ah Jazuz, so you are limited by the on-board charger, fek that.
    May as well hook up to a 22 AC charger in that case.

In other news, this rubber jack support pad arrived today, fits perfectly, cost me $4.32 delivered

Nice dig. Good for you if you have plenty of cash to throw around. I don't and I have to be careful in how I spend my money.

Nice dig. Good for you if you have plenty of cash to throw around. I don't and I have to be careful in how I spend my money.

Not a dig in any way unkel. Just a bit of lighthearted humour.

I plan on doing as little DC charging as I possibly can over the life of the car!! (Especially after reading the owners manual today).

If CCS was an optional extra when we purchased, we’d have most likely not gone for it such was the budget we were working to....

I’ll use up the free supercharger km’s and not DC charge again unless absolutely necessary.

Promised photos..

Tesla Van (he's getting a converted P100 in the next week or so)
    IMG-20200702-110012-1.jpg

The module that requires fitting, smack bang in the centre of the back seats
    IMG-20200702-111839-1.jpg

Adaptor, much neater than the CHAdeMo trailing adapter IMHO, very solid in the charge port
    IMG-20200702-192114-1.jpg

Will be interesting to see the charge speed on the 50s and if I'm really stuck the Ionity 350s nearby, but at present I've no need for DC charging, all my commuting and driving all covered by AC

Oh, I had to reboot the HUD when starting up the car for the first time after the upgrade as it was blank, scary minute or so, luckily I'd seen it done before so no biggie

So you still have to use that adaptor when using CCS?

I thought they gave you a full CCS socket that was flush and built in, like on the 3

Yes, have to use the adaptor. The area of the charge port on the S is very compact, just about enough for a type 2 plug and that’s it so not a hope of a CCS port being fitted...you can see from the photo the bottom part of the adaptor is sitting proud of the actual bodywork of the car.

This guy arrived today, very good quality and wanted it as the S key fob is hard to get onto a traditional sized key ring I found, paid $10.38 for it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

This guy arrived today, very good quality and wanted it as the S key fob is hard to get onto a traditional sized key ring I found, paid $10.38 for it

I have the same one. Bought on eBay for €12 and delivered from German. No hook though so just on my key ring which cuts out the bulk.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/402266439060

Any details on the sunroof water collection and where to check?
    Might be no harm for those of us with no warranty checking those spots :)

Advertisement