Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing Turnip Talk!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I tried to get back before 12, signed in and heard the gongs :(

I'm so sorry! They're down to 195 now :o

It's open now anyhow if anyone wants to get some sort of profit *hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can't be helped, HS. No worries! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Turnips seem to have peaked at a whopping 174 here today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I tried to get back before 12, signed in and heard the gongs :(

I'm so sorry! They're down to 195 now :o

It's open now anyhow if anyone wants to get some sort of profit *hides*

Would it be very cheeky of me to suggest you could time travel back to this morning for that whopper price? :D

Would it be very cheeky of me to suggest you could time travel back to this morning for that whopper price? :D

I'm not sure if that's something you can do in the game, or whether you're messing :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if that's something you can do in the game, or whether you're messing :pac: :pac:

Haha no I'm not messing. You can time travel by setting the date & time manually in your switch settings. So, for example, if you set the date to today & time to 9am, when you go into the game you will be playing as if it was that time and your turnips would be 601 again.

Haha no I'm not messing. You can time travel by setting the date & time manually in your switch settings. So, for example, if you set the date to today & time to 9am, when you go into the game you will be playing as if it was that time and your turnips would be 601 again.

I'll give it a go. I paid the last of my house debt yesterday and did nothing of any great importance today, so Ive nothing to lose :pac:

Can I set it back to current time afterwards?

Though, mind you, if I'm going to time travel, I'll go back to yesterday to before I sold my own flamin turnips :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

I'll give it a go. I paid the last of my house debt yesterday and did nothing of any great importance today, so Ive nothing to lose :pac:

Can I set it back to current time afterwards?

Though, mind you, if I'm going to time travel, I'll go back to yesterday to before I sold my own flamin turnips :mad: :pac:

Oh I dont think it works like that? Think because you've played and saved since, you'll have the same stuff in your home, in inventory etc as you do now, regardless of the time....

Oh I dont think it works like that? Think because you've played and saved since, you'll have the same stuff in your home, in inventory etc as you do now, regardless of the time....

Yeah unfortunately that won't work. Any actions you have taken since aren't reset, such as selling turnips or buying things in the shop. It only applies to things like shop prices and visitors like Celeste and Flick etc. Would be great if it did!

Edited to add that you can set the time back afterwards by ticking the automatic date & time box again.

Went back to 9, prices fell to 101. Went back to 7, then learned the shop doesn't open until 8 :pac: , went forward to 8 and now turnips have fallen to 91 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Went back to 9, prices fell to 101. Went back to 7, then learned the shop doesn't open until 8 :pac: , went forward to 8 and now turnips have fallen to 91 :eek:

I think they've patched it so you can't time travel back to a good turnip price anymore. I had a decent price recently and tried to time travel back a few hours so my shop would be open longer to let some friends visit but it reset the price to 91. It's a shame.

Thanks for trying anyway, like Newbie said they must have patched it. Which is a real shame if true.

Looked at the calculator and put in 91 for 8 am on a Thursday and it says they should peak on Fri. So I'll keep an eye out tomorrow.

Sorry for the slow typing in the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Looked at the calculator and put in 91 for 8 am on a Thursday and it says they should peak on Fri. So I'll keep an eye out tomorrow.

Sorry for the slow typing in the game :pac:

Your whole algorithm is reset by time travelling so all the previous prices don’t count now

I think it is a good thing btw (and I’m a time traveller of sorts)

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sigh according to the calculator I'm gonna lose out big time this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Dodge wrote: »
    Your whole algorithm is reset by time travelling so all the previous prices don’t count now

I think it is a good thing btw (and I’m a time traveller of sorts)

So if you time traveller back to 9am before noon you could extend your price? But time travel after noon will reset the algorithm?? I've always been to scared to time travel so like to know the rules n regs!!!

Managed to offload via Reddit for 510 bells. Boils my blood having to pay 99k for the pleasure but what can you do.

Anyone have any info on how badly your algorithms are impacted? I was bouncing round the time zones like Sam Beckett earlier :pac:

175 today, better than nothing. If nobody has better prices this morning, I'll just offload. Happy to open up if anyone wants to make a small profit.

Mr E wrote: »
    175 today, better than nothing. If nobody has better prices this morning, I'll just offload. Happy to open up if anyone wants to make a small profit.

I’ll hop over it you’re open now?

• Advertisement

Perfect. Open for friends. Help yourself to any DIYs you don't have on your way out...

Mr E wrote: »
    Perfect. Open for friends. Help yourself to any DIYs you don't have on your way out...

I sent you a request there

135 for turnips here if anyone is interested. Will open it up in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Does anyone have 100+ as a price today? Haven't gotten to play this week and have lots of turnips to offload bit only 40 bells here this afternoon

Bells21 wrote: »
    Does anyone have 100+ as a price today? Haven't gotten to play this week and have lots of turnips to offload bit only 40 bells here this afternoon

Sorry. Only 97 here.

Sorry. Only 97 here.
    Thanks anyway, if I get really stuck and you're on later would be OK to pop over?

Thanks anyway, if I get really stuck and you're on later would be OK to pop over?

Yeah sure. I’ll be on for a bit after 7 to look for Celeste. Let me know if you want to come over later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I’ve 137 tonight. I’ll open the gates now in about 5 mins if anyone wants to sell

Edit: gates open. There’s also a lot of spare DIYs to the left of the entrance. Please take as many as you want, I want to get rid of them!

I’ve 137 tonight. I’ll open the gates now in about 5 mins if anyone wants to sell

Edit: gates open. There’s also a lot of spare DIYs to the left of the entrance. Please take as many as you want, I want to get rid of them!

Apologies, I didn't get on to play again yesterday evening. Just one of those weeks. I now have 600,000 worth of rotting turnips :/

• Advertisement

Turnips are 102 here this morning.

Advertisement