Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Antonov 225 due in to Shannon this Tuesday afternoon and departing Wednesday afternoon.
    https://flyinginireland.com/2020/06/worlds-largest-aircraft-to-visit-shannon/

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

lolie wrote: »
    Antonov 225 due in to Shannon this Tuesday afternoon and departing Wednesday afternoon.

That i would like to see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

is it possible to get the fight path for the 225 in advance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

dashoonage wrote: »
    is it possible to get the fight path for the 225 in advance ?

It gives the expected schedule and route in the link that has already been posted twice in posts directly above.
    The aircraft will have a very busy day on the 9th June, it is due to leave Almaty International Airport in Kazakstan at 01.00 (GMT times) and fly to Baku with an arrival time of 04.30. It will then continue on to Leipzig in Germany at 06.30 with an expected arrival time of 11.30. After a two hour stopover, it will depart for Shannon where it is expected to arrive at 16.45 (local time) on Tuesday afternoon. Currently, the aircraft is scheduled to depart Shannon at 14.30 on Wednesday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    It gives the expected schedule and route in the link that has already been posted twice in posts directly above.

I think dashoonage is looking for the actual route to be flown though, i.e. where it will pass overhead.

The answer to that is not really. You could make some educated guesses, but the portion to be flown over the island of Ireland will probably be affected by the runway in use at the time, which again you could make an educated guess at based on the forecast, but not know for sure.

• Advertisement

faoiarvok wrote: »
    I think dashoonage is looking for the actual route to be flown though, i.e. where it will pass overhead.

The answer to that is not really. You could make some educated guesses, but the portion to be flown over the island of Ireland will probably be affected by the runway in use at the time, which again you could make an educated guess at based on the forecast, but not know for sure.

Yup this is what im looking for, hoping it goes down to foynes and up the estuary on approach, i wont be in shannon but will be just across the water ya see :P

Edit: thanks though Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Quote:
    Originally Posted by faoiarvok View Post

Yup this is what im looking for, hoping it goes down to foynes and up the estuary on approach, i wont be in shannon but will be just across the water ya see

This is Met Eireann's forecast chart (wind speed & direction) for tomorrow, Tue @ 1800 hrs. Winds look to be West - Southwest at around 7kts so there's a fair chance it will be runway 24 if ME's chart verifies.

http://archive.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

web_irl_wind_2020060918.gif?h=1591624800000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

N3796B,C130,is due into Shannon shortly after 7pm. An interesting one.

Think that flew over the house this morning in Wexford, still climbing after leaving Shannon. Very noisy!

AN225 delayed till Wednesday morning at 1000. Tech issue in Almaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

These two C130s just flew over me, highly unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

AN225 delayed till Wednesday morning at 1000. Tech issue in Almaty.

Flying in Ireland site now giving ETA in Shannon as 1100 (local) Wednesday

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

dashoonage wrote: »
    Yup this is what im looking for, hoping it goes down to foynes and up the estuary on approach, i wont be in shannon but will be just across the water ya see :P

Local weather conditions are going to govern which approach is taken.
    As we’re all fully aware, Runways switch at a moments notice, on the North Atlantic Coast line and especially with an unfavourable forecast for Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

RadioRetro wrote: »
    These two C130s just flew over me, highly unusual.

Quick fuel stop only.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Quick fuel stop only.

Where did the stop for fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Where did the stop for fuel?

Shannon, I believe.

Flying in Ireland site now giving ETA in Shannon as 1100 (local) Wednesday

Wednesday now scrubbed as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Is that definite? Another Boards member working in Snn says it's not cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Not true. Still on schedule to arrive tomorrow at this moment in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Due at 1300 tomorrow. Subject to change.

BZ wrote: »
    Not true. Still on schedule to arrive tomorrow at this moment in time.

Technically times are flip flopping and days as well according to my info. It is tomorrow at 1300 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

IE-ICU hovering over Sligo port. Never a good sign in these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Was walking home from work via the approach to Luton Airport this evening and this big orange and white thing starts coming towards me - easyJet, I believe they call them? Haven't seen an EZY in the skies since March it's just been all Wizz Air and DHL here! Guessing it was in for maintenance or something as they don't start flying pax until next week and not from Luton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Due at 1300 tomorrow. Subject to change.

Do you know where it is coming from and from what direction it will approach Shannon.?
    I would like to take a trip out there for a look.
    And any idea of it's reg for tracking purposes.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

washman3 wrote: »
    Do you know where it is coming from and from what direction it will approach Shannon.?
    I would like to take a trip out there for a look.
    And any idea of it's reg for tracking purposes.?

UR-82060,currently on the ground in Almaty,due to fly to Baku tonight, then on to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

UR-82060,currently on the ground in Almaty,due to fly to Baku tonight, then on to Shannon.

Much appreciated....

ADB3429 has now left Almaty and is heading west, no destination listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

Just saying due around 2pm today on RTE radio there. Stop over in Leipzig .

ADB3429 has just left Baku, heading west. No destination listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Due in SNN at 1400local.

Advertisement