Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Avgeek2101 wrote: »
    Will LRG & LRH both transfer to Aer Lingus UK this year and operate JFK or will one stay and move next year to operate BOS?

I would expect that only 1 is currently needed.
    JFK-A321LR, MCO-A330, then Barbados in October with another A330.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    As expected mainline will operate EDI, GLA and BRS ex DUB for the summer in addition to BHD-EDI, MAN and BHX.

Indeed, noticed the GDS has been updated to show the following from 1st Aug;

DUB-BRS 4PW
    DUB-EDI 4PW to 9PW
    DUB-GLA 4PW to 7PW

Extra weekly service added to ALC, AGP upgraded in capacity also. Sun routes selling well.

In other news LH noting an increase in Business Travel demand to the US, if Joe could open the US to European citizens, we might start to see a more meaningful deployment of aircraft in Q3. EI has an envied cost base to capitalise on this.

Tenger wrote: »

Theres 2 LR needed in SNN from 13/09. I presume these will be cancelled?

Theres 2 LR needed in SNN from 13/09. I presume these will be cancelled?

There won't be a TA service from SNN with EI until Q2 2022 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Jack1985 wrote: »
    In other news LH noting an increase in Business Travel demand to the US, if Joe could open the US to European citizens, we might start to see a more meaningful deployment of aircraft in Q3. EI has an envied cost base to capitalise on this.

They've just said no to that for the moment.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/opening-borders-to-eu-is-premature/

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement

Noxegon wrote: »
    They've just said no to that for the moment.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/opening-borders-to-eu-is-premature/

I don't see it opening until after the border restrictions are relaxed between US/Canada, Mexico. They've given signals that they will both remain shut until end-July.

Once EU reaches the point of similar levels of inoculation however at some point in mid-late July there really is no basis to prevent people from travelling (especially vaccinated individuals).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

DUB-KIR starting on July 1 with an A320.

No word on CFN yet though?

Only short term option maybe is BA Cityflyer being chartered. A320 is too big
    Maybe they are trying to rush the commencment of Emerald operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

Only short term option maybe is BA Cityflyer being chartered. A320 is too big
    Maybe they are trying to rush the commencment of Emerald operation.

I wonder where the Flybe fleet ended up/who was the lessor.

Would seem their fleet type would be ideal for an EI Regional venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ohlordy

I'd like this to be true, but at lunchtime yesterday email was received confirming cancellation of dub-kir booking for July 3rd. No rebook option exists yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

cson wrote: »
    I wonder where the Flybe fleet ended up/who was the lessor.

Would seem their fleet type would be ideal for an EI Regional venture.

There’s likely no shortage of excellent aircraft available to lease at the moment, especially for that kind of operation. I’d say anyone setting up would have more of a challenge regrowing demand and avoiding disruption than finding fleet and crew.

ohlordy wrote: »
    I'd like this to be true, but at lunchtime yesterday email was received confirming cancellation of dub-kir booking for July 3rd. No rebook option exists yet

Sorry my source must have been incorrect so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Only 1 A330 needed to run MCO (3-4)/BGI (3) but the logical option would be to register a spare A330 to cover MAN however they might be able to wet-lease for tech cover which I understand is possible but not looked at the detail of of UK/EU deal. Someone may be able to confirm this on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Sorry my source must have been incorrect so

There is an A320 scheduled to operate DUB-KIR return on Thursday, though it's a non revenue flight. Perhaps a proving flight for the 320?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hi guys, anyone happen to know why the Dusseldorf flights were all cancelled today - no scheduled flights to mid-August.

A friend was booked for a business trip to Dublin for mid-late July and it got cancelled today - no one in Aer Lingus is able to explain why.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Hi guys, anyone happen to know why the Dusseldorf flights were all cancelled today - no scheduled flights to mid-August.

A friend was booked for a business trip to Dublin for mid-late July and it got cancelled today - no one in Aer Lingus is able to explain why.

I’d hazard a guess it’s demand related maybe, *if* travel restrictions are eased and travel is made reasonably accessible again routes will stay in place. But that’s not the case at the moment

If airlines want to build up their business again following COVID, then one thing they could think about would be to not cancel the few flights that are in the schedule at less than a month's notice.

Just a thought.

Noxegon wrote: »
    If airlines want to build up their business again following COVID, then one thing they could think about would be to not cancel the few flights that are in the schedule at less than a month's notice.

Just a thought.
    I agree.
    But the corollary could be "lets keep the flights planned until we see what he Irish Govt announce, legally we have to give a months notice. lets hold on till then"

Personally I think they should operate the flights. The additional staffing/fuel cost wont be too much of an increase in the 1 million a day being lost already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

The Germans have restrictions on Dublin and a number of other regions which require harsher restrictions on entry so little point

The current status here means the Germans will probably move us up to the highest level of restrictions as Delta hits.

DUS has always been a decent performer, but no trade fair in Dusseldorf or Köln so demand limited.

Due to positive forward bookings, Aer Lingus will begin to add Transatlantic services for the first time since March 2020. Initially, additional frequency to be operated from mid-August to JFK, additional capacity goes to Boston. Washington-Dulles recommences mid-August also and Newark is expected to recommence later that month.

Welcome news, considering borders have yet to be opened to EU citizens. All of this, warranted by demand - Some flights are completely sold out for August to/from the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Due to positive forward bookings, Aer Lingus will begin to add Transatlantic services for the first time since March 2020. Initially, additional frequency to be operated from mid-August to JFK, additional capacity goes to Boston. Washington-Dulles recommences mid-August also and Newark is expected to recommence later that month.

Welcome news, considering borders have yet to be opened to EU citizens. All of this, warranted by demand - Some flights are completely sold out for August to/from the US.

That's great to hear. Source if you don't mind?

There bookable on the website. Presume the SNN flights will be removed soon? Everyone knows there not operating TA from Shannon until 2022 but flights are still on sale from 13/09.

LRG did a test flight this week. Will that enter service soon ahead of these flights to EWR/IAD resuming?

the 4pm DUB-JFK was listed on August 5th last week – I was looking at it – but it's gone now.

That's great to hear. Source if you don't mind?

Yeh I asked that before and got attacked! Just have to take it face value.

Yeh I asked that before and got attacked! Just have to take it face value.

I assume the poster has an internal source know to him personally which obviously can’t be revealed. Fair enough imo

There bookable on the website. Presume the SNN flights will be removed soon? Everyone knows there not operating TA from Shannon until 2022 but flights are still on sale from 13/09.

LRG did a test flight this week. Will that enter service soon ahead of these flights to EWR/IAD resuming?

It's actually operating DUB-LHR-DUB tomorrow for its first commercial service.

Regards SNN, IMO I don't see SNN-BOS/JFK resuming until Q2 22, however it's currently cheaper to go to Europe as an American than to many of the leisure destinations closer to home for them, hence the demand uptick being noticed by airlines. If Biden were to open US borders there could be earlier movement but that is wholly speculation on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Great to see flight radar with more Aer Lingus planes in the air, unsure what loadings are like, hopefully the start of recovery and much needed cash injection.

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Great to see flight radar with more Aer Lingus planes in the air, unsure what loadings are like, hopefully the start of recovery and much needed cash injection.

Yeah i noticed today they’re running sun routes like ACE, ALC, PMI, AGP, FAO... some of these haven’t been operated since last September

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

The second departure to JFK is down as a NEO in sept
    IAD is also showing as a NEO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Anybody hear of the Dublin/Perpignan route returing in August?
    Thanks.

Advertisement