Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

I have to totally agree with what you are saying

• Current CEO does not interact with staff one bit.. left staff to deal with multiple shambolic situations all last year, issues with catering constantly, missing bags, the IT crash and cancelations. Invisible and does not communicate with staff.
    • they engaged in slash and burn / bully tactics for over 2 years threatening to fire all their staff, out source positions, get rid of grades, reduce conditions and pushed people to the edge ( 70% pay cut )

they have done little to nothing to improve the life of their staff and put no effort or incentive to win back staff that’s moral is on the floor.

they are truly delusional at this point instead of fixing problems management have made ( outsourcing catering, EIK/EIL, NEO layout, poor catering, lower standard business product)

they will try to let staff deal with it and gloss over it with a new advert and slogan “ you’re very welcome “

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

I should have put a warning label, that posts can be interpreted differently by many especially in a company like Aer Lingus. Point herein.

1) Allegedly is a strong point here. It doesn't warrant further comment.

2) I did point out that the 10% was a proposal (I'm not sure where I stated this was anything other than that?)

3) The Inflight services management composition has been restructured. I'm not understanding the equivalence of the well known out sourced catering division to this point?

4) You state a claim in relation to the NEO that was never an agreement by the way, it was a trial to try make it one that did not succeed. Further to this, my point was in relation to Cabin Crew. I made that clear in the post.

5) It's well understood and appreciated by many the operational challenges that exist, but reality is ex-QR aircraft will remain as they are until either they exit or have contract extended in FY24. I would add that the latter comments would give me in the impression, that certain individuals are too emotive, the underlying fact is the company are prepared to operate those aircraft, all comments/feedback should go to them. There really isn't any other expectation here that Cabin Crew could possibly deliver.

Additionally, nobody would expect staff to forget the turbulent period of Covid, I can't think of many other airlines in the same regard that haven't experienced similar difficulties. I find your claims that certain Cabin Managers were targeted odd, a voluntary severance program was launched during Covid and I don't explicitly remember people being targeted to sign on to it, rather the opposite. It is generally a well known fact that during down-periods (9/11, Greenfield, Covid) that VS will appear, and those with the service will depart. Voluntary being key here.

I should have further added, my post wasn't that all is rosy in EI, it's not Air Koryo. The reaction to the post shows that, but there is certainly a marked difference in relations (Union-V-Mgmt), and I completely stand by that. I believe that's what's completely flown over people's heads here.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

The Cabin Manager grade was targeted ( They wanted to get rid of it entirely) , threatened to have the grade on reduced pay longer than other grades and also threatened to lay off people on the grade this time last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Final comment on this matter, I'm very regretful to have posted at all.

The response to my post is a reflection of what I stated at the end of my previous one, it's a big organisation with varying fraught opinions. But I'd just like to emphasise my closing point again, relations are markedly different, line issues are temporary in nature.

I really have zero-interest, in publicly rehashing Covid and Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

As ShamrockJ said above, the CSM position was targeted by extending their paycut compared to other grades and also faced possible extinction (as per threat).

you mention the neo with 5 crew being only a trial but you completely ignored, as mentioned, one of the well known conditions over the amount of sccm on board which is now reduced on the a330 that was never reinstated.

in relation to the 2 qatar aircraft and the airline not taking any feedback from staff on how the brand has lost and keeps loosing its good name, not only on IFE issues but catering, lack of cleaning, old IT issues (ground staff mostly) and so on, is just another point where the management - staff relationship isn’t as brilliant as you may believe.

the point on the 10% pay rise offer (which by the way blocks staff from bringing in any payclaim until 2026 on the minimum thing including working conditions) is that it came from the WRC and not from Aer Lingus. Aer Lingus had offered a 3% payrise, labeled by the unions as insulting

yes, many airlines faced several hits with covid but I can’t recall of any airline refusing to sign social welfare forms for their employees when on a paycut, other than aer lingus (and Lynne was the CEO already). Link below, in case you have forgotten this too: https://www.thesun.ie/news/5894842/no-legitimate-reason-aer-lingus-income-supports-paperwork/amp/

I agree with you, posts can be interpreted differently and I suppose we have to agree to disagree on this one but I certainly couldnt agree on most of your points on how seemingly brillianty this management under Lynne Embleton is doing. And I believe many, may dare to say majority, of the Airline workforce would agree with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Is it only DUO and DAA being reactivated or is GEY returning as well ? FB post I seen would have you believe only two are.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Unknown at this point. DAA is wholly owned, DUO was seen moving recently. No idea about GEY.

Be interesting to see if DAA gets a new paint job, though if CVA did then I don't see why this can't. As the youngest -200 it could probably be assumed DUO will be in EI for many years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 FR738

I think the -200 would look ok in the new livery, definitely less bare looking than the -300 (and 321LR to an extent).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Only problem for the A332 in the new livery could be the titles, they won’t fit neatly between the first set of doors as they did previously so the shamrock will almost definitely overlap the L2 door.

It has the potential to look quite messy with door markings disrupting the design.

They could shrink the titles of course but that would send the proportions way off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭PeasantHater

I believe GEYs lease expires in November this year unless it's been extended which I doubt.

Yep, exactly like that, at least in terms of positioning. In reality the door markings would need to be visible so the grey outlines would cut through most of the shamrock logo.

The

" 2025 Fleet plan" which was drawn up in mid 2019 had DUO planned to remain in service for S25 with an A330-neo in service.

But I doubt that plan is really relevant anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Slightly off topic...

Anyone else having issues logging into their Aer Lingus account to book flights?

Hasn't been working for nearly a week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

LHR-NOC to replace LGW-NOC and be announced imminently

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/1620026023546097670?t=a-hi_oWF1TgNV_LkOOr0hA&s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Seems like an odd use of an LHR slot, can't imagine NOC yields are super high.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Wonder is it because of the 3 extra dauly slot pairs from dropping BHD.

Dublin schedule was down from about 90 weekly flights in 2019 to inly about 60 last Summer but there was the passenger caps un place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

The Gatwick route has proven successful for the past decade, this will hopefully capture most of that market plus connections/feed that would have otherwise been traffic that had gone via DUB possibly on the competition (i.e. connections on AF/KLM/LH)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,564 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes, the EI slots that were used for BHD are being used for this and additional DUB/LHR services.

BA are using some of their own slots to add two additional rotations to BHD in place of the EI service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Very few empty seats if any anytime I fly from NOC. I’m sure the penny counters at IE have down their market research. It’s great news for the west of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Anyone know the schedule times the NOC-Heathrow flights will operate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

SMTWTFS

1105 LHR NOC 1235 EI915

1305 NOC LHR 1430 EI916

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mbvfan

Hi there, I've a question ahout the Dublin to Gatwick route.

I previously got flights out of Belfast City Airport but I'm considering travelling by Dublin now that Aerlingus no longer have a base there.

I notice there's quite a few Gatwick flights on offer at the moment, but there's a reduction to around two-four flights a day from April onwards, including no options for noon or early afternoon, something which doesn't suit me.

Basically I was wondering if this is likely to change or if that's just the schedule for the year ahead?

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Probably not going to change as they have increased flights to Heathrow instead, but maybe it will change, who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mbvfan

EI-GAJ on its way back from Bordeaux and has being there since the 9th of January. Assume that would be heavy maintenance ?

Yup. EI usually plan all heavy MX for mid January-Late February.

Chances aer that another A330 might ferry down the day before/after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

• Advertisement

EI-DVJ is in Shannon for what I assumed was the new livery but it's been reported elsewhere that it's actually leaving the fleet and will be getting an all white repaint. If true, it would be the fourth A320 to leave the fleet since 2020.

Advertisement