Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Clusters not community spread. Employers should be held accountable for this as they just want production at any cost. Clear guidelines needed as to when businesses need to shutdown completely when outbreaks happen within their workplaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

So Germany have brought lockdown measures back to towns after spike in cases.

Where's the lads who said Germany had the right ides and we are lagging behind other countries and economy something something?

Something about causing more deaths by not opening the country up?

The towns you reference arent moving onto the next stage of reopening, issues in meat plants put them over the cases per capita to reopen hence putting the breaks on. They want to get the meat plants under control and that's understandable. Why would you move on when you've 150 people in a meat plant after getting it.

It's the very same as Paris not moving ahead with France and Spain not letting Madrid move onto the next phase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Chief administrator of Thuringia's Greiz, Martina Schweinsburg, said: "To be clear: We're not going to put the entire district in quarantine just two small towns were particularly affected."

Said small towns with issues in a meat factory. It's like putting the towns with meat factories in Ireland back under restriction if they found more cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Well of course there'll be an increase in cases once people start mixing again, there isn't much you can do other than welding people into their homes.

nobody has been welded into their homes, my opinion ( for what it is worth ) is that there should not have been a lockdown, elderly people and people at risk should have been advised to stay at home and the rest of us should have got on with it, much like they have done in Sweden....

• Advertisement

The towns you reference arent moving onto the next stage of reopening, issues in meat plants put them over the cases per capita to reopen hence putting the breaks on. They want to get the meat plants under control and that's understandable. Why would you move on when you've 150 people in a meat plant after getting it.

It's the very same as Paris not moving ahead with France and Spain not letting Madrid move onto the next phase.

Too busy trying to be the bearer of bad news to check the detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Micro managers the problem with the offices going back. Most staff are now set up to work at home and should continue to do so. There is plenty of jobsworths about with trust issues who feel their workers need to be visible.

Utter morons in this current climate. Sort yourselves out micro managers and learn how to get the best out of your staff without endangering their health. I'm sure there are a few knocking about this thread.

Have to disagree. Remote working does raise a host of issues, certainly so with junior employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,598 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So Germany have brought lockdown measures back to towns after spike in cases.

Where's the lads who said Germany had the right ides and we are lagging behind other countries and economy something something?

Something about causing more deaths by not opening the country up?

Aye these are the issues cropping up

Seoul shuts down nightclubs, bars and discos.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/may/09/coronavirus-live-news-global-cases-approach-4-million-trump-us-unemployment-covid-19-lockdown-uk-italy-russia
    South Korea’s capital, Seoul, has shut down thousands of nightclubs, hostess bars and discos after a cluster of Covid-19 infections were linked to clubbers who went out last weekend after the country relaxed social distancing rules.

Oooops

Doesn't take much to ignite and then authorities have to move.

This is the new normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Erm, some people in this thread wont like this. But here is the latest

"The world should brace itself for a second and even a third wave of the coronavirus pandemic before the population achieves sufficient immunity to the virus, according to German researchers.

Lothar Wieler, the president of the Robert Koch Institute, a public-health institute in Germany, said on Tuesday that a second wave of infections would come "with great certainty," adding that most experts shared his view.

"This is a pandemic, and in a pandemic this virus will remain on our list of medical concerns until 60% to 70% of the population have been infected," he said, according to the Times of London newspaper."

It seems amongst German health experts anyways is that they are happy for people to get infected, inevitability

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Erm, some people in this thread wont like this. But here is the latest

"The world should brace itself for a second and even a third wave of the coronavirus pandemic before the population achieves sufficient immunity to the virus, according to German researchers.

Lothar Wieler, the president of the Robert Koch Institute, a public-health institute in Germany, said on Tuesday that a second wave of infections would come "with great certainty," adding that most experts shared his view.

"This is a pandemic, and in a pandemic this virus will remain on our list of medical concerns until 60% to 70% of the population have been infected," he said, according to the Times of London newspaper."

It seems amongst German health experts anyways is that they are happy for people to get infected, inevitability

but the experts on Boards said there is no proof of a second wave ??

• Advertisement

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    but the experts on Boards said there is no proof of a second wave ??

Those experts stand by that view. Along with Danish experts

"The coronavirus crisis in Denmark will 'die out' by itself as long as social distancing measures are maintained, the country's top health institute has said.

Health experts gave the green light for Denmark to re-open schools and restaurants by saying the lifting of restrictions would not leave hospitals overwhelmed.

In their report, they say the number of people in intensive care would remain below 100 by the start of July even if the lockdown is substantially lifted. "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

easypazz wrote: »
    Too busy trying to be the bearer of bad news to check the detail.

Eh no I read it.

Face it the links over the last 2 pages shows your cheerleading and trying to be the bearer of doom and gloom for not opening the country up already is proving to be just that, a rant without any substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,583 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Micro managers the problem with the offices going back. Most staff are now set up to work at home and should continue to do so. There is plenty of jobsworths about with trust issues who feel their workers need to be visible.

Utter morons in this current climate. Sort yourselves out micro managers and learn how to get the best out of your staff without endangering their health. I'm sure there are a few knocking about this thread.

We're nor micro managed nor is there an issue with people working from home. But it has impacted the speed some work gets done, in my experience.

Aside from that, not everyone is necessarily set up to work from home comfortably.

No issue with working from home being rolled out but it's not just a case of jobsworths or managers micro managing or showing a lack of trust, though there are obviously plenty of examples of that.

easypazz wrote: »
    Was there many wearing masks?

Why would you wear a mask outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

First day that Bray seafront has been very busy during this, even the bank holidays weren't as busy. Plenty of people on the beach. Coffee shops and ice cream places open for takeaways. Its basically a normal summers day, social distancing isn't being maintained, plenty coming off the dart onto the seafront.

Social distancing won't be maintained long term based on what I'm seeing today.

Quite clear that the public who moved ahead of advice when restricting themselves are now moving ahead of advice on relaxation of restrictions too.

This is the best news I’ve heard all day. In the emotional rollercoaster of these awful measures, I’m having a relatively bad day. The more I hear of people discarding the lockdown rules, the more hopeful I get that they will be eased through necessity or redundancy.

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Well of course there'll be an increase in cases once people start mixing again, there isn't much you can do other than welding people into their homes.

Spot on.

I think people dont fully understand the difference between 2nd wave of infections and 2nd wave of deaths.

Not 1 person died in the 2 small towns mentioned from the "2nd wave".

Population of those towns? one has like 22,000 people.

Its a bit like if we let out 1 person on 10th of August and he gets infected, is that a 2nd wave?

Eh no I read it.

Face it the links over the last 2 pages shows your cheerleading and trying to be the bearer of doom and gloom for not opening the country up already is proving to be just that, a rant without any substance.

What links, I haven't linked anything the last few pages?

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    This is the best news I’ve heard all day. In the emotional rollercoaster of these awful measures, I’m having a relatively bad day. The more I hear of people discarding the lockdown rules, the more hopeful I get that they will be eased through necessity or redundancy.

Indeed, giving Holohan and the rest the proverbial 2 fingers is what they deserve.

Hope it begins to sink in.

Ohhh this is not good in terms of lifting restrictions.

How many more businesses will give up seeing this announced? 5 months unable to operate. 50% of capacity cut. Now if 1 staff member gets covid, a big legal case can be brought against the businesses. The risks seem to outweigh the rewards for any restaurant re opening?

"Employers could be successfully sued if they don't take "reasonable steps" to safeguard staff from Covid-19 as they return to work.

Risk assessments and other protective measures, including maintenance of social distancing and the provision of protective masks and other PPE, will be necessary."

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/employers-may-face-lawsuits-if-steps-not-taken-to-protect-staff-from-coronavirus-39192562.html

What if a waiter gets covid from 1 of the customers? I feel like the legislation being rolled out now is a bit of quantity over quality... from the non elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭robbiezero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Interesting to see today the people themselves have taken the initiative and are out and about. Social distancing is just about being maintained. This is what will continue to happen, along with the black market because the government are so far behind with their roadmap.
    If they had given the people something substantial, 10-20km limit, and re opening of garden centres, etc., from last weekend there could have been more compliance and goodwill. That was the bare minimum that should’ve been given. Expect plenty more disregarding of the lockdown for the coming week.

Another interesting piece of information is they’re using UV light in some Dublin hospitals now as a treatment - maybe President Trump was onto something after all! Shouldn’t everyone be advised to get out and get some actual UV light from the sun as much as possible if this is the case.
    Oh and after reading Spain’s phase 1 of lifting restrictions I just had to sigh - they’ll be going to concerts, theatres, coffee shops and restaurants using social distancing, etc. Maybe someone in charge should look at our European neighbours and change our ‘roadmap?’

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Can't see conservative FF/FG opening the floodgates yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Another interesting piece of information is they’re using UV light in some Dublin hospitals now as a treatment - maybe President Trump was onto something after all! Shouldn’t everyone be advised to get out and get some actual UV light from the sun as much as possible if this is the case.

Are you sure they're not just using it to sterilize surfaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,598 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

robbiezero wrote: »
    Good stuff. If thats the dreaded second wave we dont have much to fear.

Erm, that's the first wave which we are still in the middle of.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

robbiezero wrote: »
    Good stuff. If thats the dreaded second wave we dont have much to fear.

Jesus that's still the 1st wave. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Stark wrote: »
    Are you sure they're not just using it to sterilize surfaces?

Maybe they are but if UV light kills the virus it certainly should be recommended for everyone. Vitiman D deficiency is also a big problem here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

People are allowed to go angling if they live within 5KM of their home. i take it they must be driving there with all the equipment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DXuVtoo-ng

That means we all can drive 5KM to a place of exercise??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Have to disagree. Remote working does raise a host of issues, certainly so with junior employees.

What issues exactly? With correct training on tools etc I'm sure they could be ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Erm, that's the first wave which we are still in the middle of.

Im not claiming anything about it. Take it up with the other poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Aye these are the issues cropping up

Seoul shuts down nightclubs, bars and discos.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/may/09/coronavirus-live-news-global-cases-approach-4-million-trump-us-unemployment-covid-19-lockdown-uk-italy-russia

Oooops

Doesn't take much to ignite and then authorities have to move.

This is the new normal.

You sound weirdly delighted about this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement