Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Showers, wind, rain, all the works. Galway

Nothing in cork city yet, showers look to be building just east of the actual city.

We got a very heavy one near Wilton at around 3.30 and another belter at 5.30. They seem to be very localised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Overcast all day with frequent and heavy showers dropping another 3.8mm of rain. Complete blue sky now for the evening and feeling pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

We got a very heavy one near Wilton at around 3.30 and another belter at 5.30. They seem to be very localised.

Definitely are, thats my location! Bone dry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Spent the afternoon in Dublin 9 and skerries. It was cloudy until about 4pm headed out to Skerries then and it was torrential rain absolutely miserable. Fact.

The weather since the June bank holiday weekend has been very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Outlook on six news weather looked ok beyond Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

Raining here again surprise surprise.

If we add yesterdays rain + today we are now over 70mm of rain for month at DA + more still to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Ah lads, quit quibbling over the weather, seriously!

If yea want to enjoy any sort of continental experience that this wee isle can offer, then move to Laois. :D

We had two sharp but short lived downpours here today and as the skies cleared we got a stunning rainbow over the weather station:

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/1287101971061706752?s=20

Was sitting outside until about 9pm in cork city, got chilly then because of the wind but remained dry! Not the worst, not the best. Still dry now though with no showers inbetween

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Basically a good day now means no rain. So next week doesn't look too bad apart from Monday. I still wear shorts and tshirt when it's like that. Today was pretty miserable though i did get a nice walk earlier in the day before the torrential rain appeared. Of course i would love some more sun but i'm learning to live with the little positives i can find right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Carlow, Kilkenny, Laois, Wexford, Wicklow, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rain tonight leading to accumulations of 20 to 30mm in places, with a risk of spot flooding.

Valid: 20:00 Sunday 26/07/2020 to 10:00 Monday 27/07/2020

Issued: 11:00 Sunday 26/07/2020

I feel like its gone further north the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I'm beginning to think that Met Éireann's warning system is arbitrary in nature...we've had torrential rain in Clare for the past two hours with plenty more streaming behind it.

Same in Galway and looking at the radar the places in the warnings did not get the heaviest rain

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Same in Galway and looking at the radar the places in the warnings did not get the heaviest rain

the warning is only valid since 8pm. how can you say before the system has even moved in that the warning was wrong. read the warnings before you post your waffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Basically a good day now means no rain. So next week doesn't look too bad apart from Monday. I still wear shorts and tshirt when it's like that. Today was pretty miserable though i did get a nice walk earlier in the day before the torrential rain appeared. Of course i would love some more sun but i'm learning to live with the little positives i can find right now.

Ah Jaysus, you're not the lad at my work that wears a shirt, v neck jumper and shorts for 11 months of the year?

the warning is only valid since 8pm. how can you say before the system has even moved in that the warning was wrong. read the warnings before you post your waffle.

Now now calm down it's midnight now it's been raining in Galway since around 8pm did not expect it as we were never mentioned , just an observation

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Incredibly heavy rain here for the past hour in Cork City centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Very hot in Spain yesterday, with much of Andalucía above 40 degrees. The hottest was 44.7 °C at Écija, Sevilla.

They should see similar again today before a cooling tomorrow.

https://meteologix.com/ie/observations/spain/maximum-temperature/20200726-1800z.html

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Woken by really really heavy rain and gusty winds at 7am
    Monday 27th July 2020
    South Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Woke a few times during the night, and seemed to be constantly drizzling in north Donegal.

Glad I had a dry day yesterday and got the gardens cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Wet overcast breezy morning here this morning. Think it’s to “pick up” during the day but we’re at such a low base at this stage anything is an improvement. It’s been a terrible summer here in my opinion. We’ve had about 3/4 good days since the June 1st a few okish ones and the rest have been dull overcast sometimes wet often cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

NIMAN wrote: »
    Woke a few times during the night, and seemed to be constantly drizzling in north Donegal.

Glad I had a dry day yesterday and got the gardens cut.

Was definitely a lot more than drizzle overnight, some torrential bursts woke me up a couple of times.

12C, dark, breezy and still raining here this morning, what more could you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

15mm of rain from around 11pm til i left the house at 6.30am here in meath last night, it was fairly heavy rain from 5.30

Rain looked to be very heavy overnight in Cork City, with 2am recording 2.2mm, 3am recording 7.2mm, 4am recording 4.3mm and 5am recording 3.5mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rain looked to be very heavy overnight in Cork City, with 2am recording 2.2mm, 3am recording 7.2mm, 4am recording 4.3mm and 5am recording 3.5mm.

As usual, I slept through it all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Quite a split in temperatures across the country, looks like we are just about hanging on to the warmer air in the east and south east.
    It's mid winter in Donegal :(

521199.PNG

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Has Ireland suddenly moved to the Southern Hemisphere and July is now winter
    In Belfast here 13 degrees with rain

14 Degrees and strong enough gusts this morning in Cork, chilly gusts too. Not ideal, it is meant to brighten up and warm up as the day progresses though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Cloudy morning in Dublin but bit of sun breaking through, 22 forecast on Thursday and 24 degrees on Friday. Will be taking advantage of those

• Advertisement

Quite a chill in the air in Galway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement