Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women approaching men

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I like women.

seenitall wrote: »
    Ya, pretty much, and that comes from a lifetime spent in the 'dating' world, for better or worse, as opposed to safely ensconced in one or two long-term relationships over the years.

Interesting point, followed a similar track. Sure there was a long-term relationship or two, however the flings have been more frequent. All educational of course, only a fool repeats the same mistake. A sheltered life is one wasted, no regrets like the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

Absolutely, Bertie's Horse - no regrets is a good thing to live by. Great minds think alike - and average about the same amount of posts on boards per year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I started going to pubs in the late 90’s and back then things were seemingly changing a bit, girls were more open to going over to say me or whoever and initialize conversation. Now you see it all the time.

Thinking how it WAS before where it was ALL on the guy is just the most stupidly retarded thing ever. the first time I was approached by a girl I couldn’t hear properly and I missed what she said as she grabbed my arm and I replied... “the toilet is over there ———>” what she actually said was “were you at the Stone Temple Pilots”... we went out for a good few months but my shock at being chatted up was quite big.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It depends on the age, a 22 year old African such as yourself would probably have a very different dating approach, to an Irish man in his 50's, posing online as a 22 year old African.

This is an epic post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

This is an epic post.

Are you saying I'm fake? Why does he think I'm fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

never approach a man from the left that is his weaker side ....approaching head on is best ...it makes them less nervous

Well...are you genuine? Is anyone 100 % genuine? Everyone is a lil fake ...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

No. That's what was so good about the post, they never accused you of being fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

another Mr Fake-lian thread...

Can someone please stop him !! FFS .

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I remember back in the day you would know the girl was interested if she was standing outside the lads jacks waiting for you. Either that or she would just grab you by the balls. The only thing they're grabbing now is their smartphone to take the obligatory selfie to show everyone on social media that they're having a great time. Dopamine is the new drug and its highly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Loozer wrote: »
    If women are interested they'll let u know

Have they said when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

razorblunt wrote: »
    Have they said when?

They just come up and say hello mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Can I ask where? at the bus stop, supermarkets, pubs? Are you also tall or just good looking?

Mostly in his imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Men might be the ones to approach more often, but usually it is response to signals from women, so they have always been the ones to advance things, just in a relatively passive manner.

I think basic skills and courtesy when it comes to recognising the presence or absence of invitations to approach is enough to do pretty well with women. Even if you lack the normal natural intuition into expressions and social nuance you can learn them easily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Springen40 wrote: »
    People should develop the confidence to approach without signals, learning to cold approach is a fantastic way to develop your confidence and is actually quite spiritual experience if you approach it right (pun unintended).

In order to fulfill your potential approaching women you need to learn to let go of attachment to outcome. As soon as women feel that you need the interaction to go a certain way it becomes offputting. You need to learn to transcend your ego and be present and accepting of the present moment.
    Pretty sure I have fulfilled my potential for approaching women thanks.

Approaching cold still requires you to recognise how someone is responding to you. Not caring if they aren't interested is good, but not caring about being a nuisance isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thanks ChoreSexGuy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Is it becoming more common or are men still expected to do it in regards to dating? I think in Ireland no one ever cold approaches as our society isn't set up that way. Most romantic interactions occur in the pub.

But even then, does the man have to make the first move?

I think it depends on the situation, its nice when women approach you, but also just as nice when you approach them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

Yeah if I wanted to be whipped /broke for life I would date / marry a woman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

LeYouth wrote: »
    The sooner functional female robots are invented the better.

Just don’t forget to leave the Off Switch handy ! ! !

• Advertisement

LeYouth wrote: »

If you don't want one you are broke you mean.

Don't resent what you can't afford!

blinding wrote: »

they have been

google sex dolls ..or visit a hooker! :)

I would post a few for you...but well the site is for all ages. But you can find amazing ones!

I actually am thinking of making some to sell :)

Actually making them ..its like an art form.

But why shouldn't men buy them?

I want the opposite of a doll in a man...physical forms are so limiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

they have been

google sex dolls ..or visit a hooker! :)

I would post a few for you...but well the site is for all ages. But you can find amazing ones!

I actually am thinking of making some to sell :)

Both those options seem really grim to me, having sex with something so inanimate, like a sex doll or a robot just seems weird. Besides synthetic flash sounds a bit weird to me. But I'm sure for some people it works. Paying for it seem equally obismal and depressing handing over money to have sex just seems desperate...

I'd much rather have a connection, for me it leaves me a lot more satisfied. The orgasm is the end game, but the intimacy involved with sex is soooo good with the right person :cool:

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Both those options seem really grim to me, having sex with something so inanimate, like a sex doll or a robot just seems weird. Besides synthetic flash sounds a bit weird to me. But I'm sure for some people it works. Paying for it seem equally obismal and depressing handing over money to have sex just seems desperate...

I'd much rather have a connection, for me it leaves me a lot more satisfied. The orgasm is the end game, but the intimacy involved with sex is soooo good with the right person :cool:

But some of them ...are very beautiful...they are like art forms.

I think you feel its weird because you are told its weird.

Its what is in YOU that makes something ...desperate or negative. If you approach something with a pure heart ...well its not going to drain you and leave you feeling negative. If you approach with a negative energy towards the world ..well you can kind of see where that is going to go.

I find asmr channels ....make intimacy an artform.

Not an off switch just a mute button

Not an off switch just a mute button
    They’d still do ya with the sign language and dirty looks ! ! !

They’d still do ya with the sign language and dirty looks ! ! !

The nerds on this thread just need to earn enough to buy a robot with a pussy

The nerds on this thread just need to earn enough to buy a robot with a pussy
    What can I say ! I’m saving !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭corks finest

Never approached a woman, always the other way around, didn't always get the right ones, but I made by,it wasn't confidence but the exact opposite but found that if you can talk,wear clean clothes, smell nice,make an effort ref fitness don't be obnoxious,and listen you'll get by
    I've been married,lived with a few all foreign but for one lady,but I enjoyed life I'm now 61 rearing my youngest kid (17)
    No woman ,I ended it 6/7 years ago but great memories of all I've encountered. FAO of all men here looking for love etc, don't be boorish, it's nice to listen/ respect/ to the opposite sex, don't get tanked up when out hoping to meet someone

Advertisement