Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women approaching men

Options
  • 07-05-2020 7:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Is it becoming more common or are men still expected to do it in regards to dating? I think in Ireland no one ever cold approaches as our society isn't set up that way. Most romantic interactions occur in the pub.

But even then, does the man have to make the first move?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Is it becoming more common or are men still expected to do it in regards to dating? I think in Ireland no one ever cold approaches as our society isn't set up that way. Most romantic interactions occur in the pub.

But even then, does the man have to make the first move?

It depends on the age, a 22 year old African such as yourself would probably have a very different dating approach, to an Irish man in his 50's, posing online as a 22 year old African.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

:D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

If women are interested they'll let u know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Loozer wrote: »
    If women are interested they'll let u know

But you'll be expected to make the first move...

You would think in an increasingly equal society that wouldn't be the case anymore... But nope

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've been hit on by men and women on nights out and in the office so no, it's not always the drunk man doing the proposing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’m sure the boys of this site will be along crying about how the girl will have to make the first “move” as guys can no longer approach them on a night without it ending up in a criminal proceeding.

Which, of course, is nonsense. Unless you’re a creep.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I used to be approached by women all the time back in my single days. Being handsome and fit makes a big difference, I presume most of the users on this website are the repellent video game playing man children you see all over the internet, so it’s probably never happened to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I used to be approached by women all the time back in my single days. Being handsome and fit makes a big difference, I presume most of the users on this website are the repellent video game playing man children you see all over the internet, so it’s probably never happened to them.

Can I ask where? at the bus stop, supermarkets, pubs? Are you also tall or just good looking?

Can I ask where? at the bus stop, supermarkets, pubs? Are you also tall or just good looking?

Mainly through socials.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

It depends on the age, a 22 year old African such as yourself would probably have a very different dating approach, to an Irish man in his 50's, posing online as a 22 year old African.

:D you can close the thread now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

:D you can close the thread now

I don't get it, what is he trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ureaseme

thanks, laughed: D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I always thought Mr_f and Woke were the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Proof yet again that having a big head doesn't always mean you have a big brain....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

Perhaps both could make an equidistant approach to a neutral, predetermined point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Use the approach a Prostitute Mode. How much ya charging darling ?

It works when ya approach a Prostitute ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Is this about reversing into people on the dancefloor again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Never been approached by women - possibly due to wearing soiled underwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I always thought Mr_f and Woke were the same person.

Don't forget Mr. Flash and most probably Mr. Spiceland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I used to be approached by women all the time back in my single days. Being handsome and fit makes a big difference,

That's not what your wife told me...

• Advertisement

That's not what your wife told me...

Probably to make you feel better about being a minger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Well, let's just say I didn't have to approach her...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

How's Tubbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How's Tubbs?

She's grand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

only ever happened me once

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I love an aul humble brag now and again and I don't really give a sh1t but I'm approach all the time, because I don't feel any

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'd probably freak out if a lady approached me. I would definitely be wary that she was trying to pick pocket me or I was on some hidden camera show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

nthclare wrote: »
    I love an aul humble brag now and again and I don't really give a sh1t but I'm approach all the time, because I don't feel any

You don't feel any - what?

I approach men, but very rarely these days - I've grown awful picky, it must be the age creeping up... and I do it very subtly, always have.

I like to be the person choosing ("Mmm I like this guy, let's give it a bit of a flirting effort here") instead of the person who is being chosen ("Oh this guy is trying it on...mmm, no I don't think I'll go there"), and one has to be proactive in that case.

seenitall wrote: »
    You don't feel any - what?

I approach men, but very rarely these days - I've grown awful picky, it must be the age creeping up... and I do it very subtly, always have.

I like to be the person choosing ("Mmm I like this guy, let's give it a bit of a flirting effort here") instead of the person who is being chosen ("Oh this guy is trying it on...mmm, no I don't think I'll go there"), and one has to be proactive in that case.

I'd say you've seen it all before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

I'd say you've seen it all before.

Ya, pretty much, and that comes from a lifetime spent in the 'dating' world, for better or worse, as opposed to safely ensconced in one or two long-term relationships over the years.

Advertisement