Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Claims Court Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭sugarman20

Anyone else get an email from Ryanair today saying that their refund would be processed in the next 5-7 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

sugarman20 wrote: »
    Anyone else get an email from Ryanair today saying that their refund would be processed in the next 5-7 days?

Not myself personally but a few posters on the refund thread have started to receive refund emails . Looks like flights going back to mid march ...

limabromac wrote: »
    Not myself personally but a few posters on the refund thread have started to receive refund emails . Looks like flights going back to mid march ...

That's good news. Yes, my flights were for the middle of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

sugarman20 wrote: »
    That's good news. Yes, my flights were for the middle of March.

Yes it's definitely good news...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Received the same response as others on here to my claim.

I will probably just email back to say ide like to drop the case. But I do wonder if there would be any problems in the future if I wanted to re open a case against Ryanair again?

Ryanair have emailed me in the meantime to say I'm back on the refund queue, so thinking I'll wait it out and see what happens, rather than risk a court case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Better to leave the SCC process open, if Ryanair dispute it the hearing would be a fair few months away anyway. If you get your refund in the meantime then close it off. But I wouldnt be closing it until you have your money back. It is good news that they seem to have come around to at least promising to refund people but wait and see how it plays out in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

But I do wonder if there would be any problems in the future if I wanted to re open a case against Ryanair again?

Each case is separate, and stands or falls on its own merits.
    So you could bring another case in the future.

Obviously you can't bring this case to SCC again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭firemansam4

I sent an email to the court asking them to withdraw the case, its 1000 euros so I don't want to chance loosing it on a court case yet.

If Ryanair refuse to refund me further down the line, I will have to consider opening up a new case at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

ive heard nothing back from the SCC in close on 3 weeks since i instructed that id like to go to court, anyone in the same boat?

i was expecting the process to be quicker than this, if id have known this was going to take as long i wouldn't have bothered.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    ive heard nothing back from the SCC in close on 3 weeks since i instructed that id like to go to court, anyone in the same boat?

i was expecting the process to be quicker than this, if id have known this was going to take as long i wouldn't have bothered.

That's very strange.
    Unless they have got totally buried.

Did you get the email requesting the 25 euro?

• Advertisement

I sent an email to the court asking them to withdraw the case, its 1000 euros so I don't want to chance loosing it on a court case yet.

If Ryanair refuse to refund me further down the line, I will have to consider opening up a new case at that point.

Chargeback might be the best way to go!

paddy19 wrote: »
    That's very strange.
    Unless they have got totally buried.

Did you get the email requesting the 25 euro?

sure i paid that ages ago, its at the stage now where Ryanair have refused to pay and the SCC asked if id like to proceed and i said yes but havent heard anything yet since that was May 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

jonnny68 wrote:
    sure i paid that ages ago, its at the stage now where Ryanair have refused to pay and the SCC asked if id like to proceed and i said yes but havent heard anything yet since that was May 20th

We're in same boat. Informed them on 16th May we would like to proceed to hearing. Haven't heard anything since. I read somewhere that it won't be till around last quarter of year before we'll get a hearing.

DeKing wrote: »
    We're in same boat. Informed them on 16th May we would like to proceed to hearing. Haven't heard anything since. I read somewhere that it won't be till around last quarter of year before we'll get a hearing.

ah fcuk that a waste of time then, and hear i was thinking id get the money back within weeks, im going to email the SCC and ask for an update

Is it not a bit pointless continuing with the SSC cases if they have started processing refunds? Do you think there's still a chance that they wont?

just received a response from the scc saying when my case is near the top of the queue ill be informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Got a cheque today from the small claims court for a package holiday booked with a travel agent. They were only offering voucher for the flights and they eventually offered a refund for the hotel. Never received either so tried the small claims route. About 6 weeks since I started the case to getting a cheque!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great result ravage1616. Id be especially wary of accepting vouchers from a travel agent because the reality is some of them are going to go bust in the coming months. I know the IATA have an insurance scheme that covers you for that happening but still that process takes months and a lot of hassle to get your money back. Theres no way Id be leaving a paid for holiday sitting with a travel agent, its just too risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jelly123

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Got a cheque today from the small claims court for a package holiday booked with a travel agent. They were only offering voucher for the flights and they eventually offered a refund for the hotel. Never received either so tried the small claims route. About 6 weeks since I started the case to getting a cheque!

Do you remember how long it was before the SCC initiated your case and requested the €25 from when you originally submitted online?
    You got a great outcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Jelly123 wrote: »
    Do you remember how long it was before the SCC initiated your case and requested the €25 from when you originally submitted online?
    You got a great outcome!

I just checked and it was 4 days after i submitted my claim that I paid the 25 euro. 6 weeks after that I got my refund.

• Advertisement

ill be disgusted now if Ryanair actually refund me after paying €25 to the SCC and here i was thinking id get a refund much quicker that way.

I wont hold my breath but Ryanair have sent me 3 emails in the last week saying money for cancelled flights would be in my account within 5 to 7 working days, the first of which should be this coming Friday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

jonnny68 wrote: »
    ill be disgusted now if Ryanair actually refund me after paying €25 to the SCC and here i was thinking id get a refund much quicker that way.

I wont hold my breath but Ryanair have sent me 3 emails in the last week saying money for cancelled flights would be in my account within 5 to 7 working days, the first of which should be this coming Friday.

When where your flights Johnny, from looking at the few threads here it seems those for March flights are getting refunds now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Anyone dealing with Expedia (flights)? I went the cashback route with the credit card and their first response was that they did provide the service regardless if I could not access it...(I still don't understand what this means), and they also claimed that I cancelled the flight myself (not true).

We moved now to pre arbitragion stage where I had to provide, among other things, evidence that the airling cancelled the flight, not me. They have 30 days to response.

I actually had 2 trips cancelled...one with Ryanair. I was happy yo accept the voucher on this one as the process to get it was actually easy, I am fairly sure I will use it and it states that if I don't I should get refunded. Time will tell if this was the right decision.

The other trip was the one mentioned above, with Expedia/KLM, and they have dealt with this very poorly. They sent a voucher that I did not request (nor accepted) wich is full of restrictions when it comes to using it, they are almost no contactable, it is also use it or loose it, etc. I never thought I would say this but if they had offered me a voucher with the same conditions of that from Ryanair I would have accepted it too.

Advertisement