Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Decide - Game of Thrones Greatest Character

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Joffrey he was a proper little ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,554 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

syrio because Joffrey was crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Joffery the horrible and evil little sh!t, he gets my vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Syrio. Really liked him as a character, and wished there had been more of him. Unlike Joffrey, whom one just wanted to die...

Joffrey, he was so good at being a horrible little pr!ck that if I met Jack in person I'd struggle to be nice to him. That's powerful acting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

No contest. One of the most unlikeable characters in a show full of them - has to be Joffrey Baratheon. I often wonder if the actor ever had people walk up to him and punch him in the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Joffrey, he was so good at being a horrible little pr!ck that if I met Jack in person I'd struggle to be nice to him. That's powerful acting!

I have met Jack Gleeson several times. He's such a lovely person, and actually quite shy and timid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Still a bit to run in this, Joffrey leads 5-2 currently. Time expires at 12.57

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Joffrey, such a great bit of acting for such a dislikable character.

• Advertisement

And Lady Haywire puts Joffrey through to round 2!

Syrio will join the others eliminated in the second chance showdowns.

Bo....oh second chance showdown yay!

Match 4:

An intriguing clash here. One is an honourable man, loyal King - and Queensguard leader.

The other is a sneak, an outlaw - and a lover of the word c*nt... it can only be...

Bronn of the Blackwater

220px-Lord_Bronn_Jerome_Flynn.jpeg

VS

Ser Barristan Selmy

3mz5plfrq9z21.jpg

I have met Jack Gleeson several times. He's such a lovely person, and actually quite shy and timid.

Oh I know. That's the proof he played a total blinder because even though I know he's a lovely fella, I believe it would be a struggle not to give him the stink eye!

I like Barrison Selmy, but Bronn is well.. Bronn

So bronn

Just in case you didnt know I was voting for Bronn

Vote: Bronn

Bronn. Love the Bronn and Jamie pairing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Bronn is one of my favourites, the loveable rogue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Bronn, because as much as I like Selmy he was mostly associated with Dany who I hate, whereas Bronn got to play off Tyrion, Jaime, and Pod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Bronn, because he is who is is.

I like Ser Barristan - probably one of the most honourable men in the show but I’m going for his opposite number. A guy whose answer to killing a baby was to ask the price but still managed to be likeable. Vote for Bronn of the Blackwater

Trigger wrote: »
    I like Barrison Selmy, but Bronn is well.. Bronn

So bronn

Just in case you didnt know I was voting for Bronn

Vote: Bronn

Sorry Trig, didn't quite catch that. Who is it you're voting for?

• Advertisement

Sorry Trig, didn't quite catch that. Who is it you're voting for?

Jamie

Bronn saunters through to round 2 without breaking a sweat, a 6-0 whitewash

Match 5:

How will the Lady of House Stark fare against a Lord Commander of the Night's Watch?

Catelyn Stark

220px-Michelle_Fairley_Cat_Stark_in_the_Vale.png

VS

Lord Commander Jeor Mormont

latest?cb=20110601013555

The Bear, Jeor Mormont, because he was class, and Caetlyn I could take or leave to be honest.

Hmmm. Vote here is based on both characters’ relationship with Jon so Lord Commander Jeor Mormont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

vote misses stark. because her husband was the best character in the show and they killed him off, so it now falls on her as the spouse to take the win home.

Yeah just edit it in, maybe you liked how she looked in that one episode

tenor.gif?itemid=11233504

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Caetlyn Stark .... Ever time , even after she was dead she was bad ass ... Mormont's just a sad old man ,and there's no room for sentimentality on the wall...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Vote here is based on both characters’ relationship with Jon so Lord Commander Jeor Mormont.

Yes I copied that from Collie D because I concur.

Lord Commander Jeor Mormont - brilliant character, thought Caetlyn's character peaked too early and was all downhill from there

• Advertisement

Time expires at 13.32, Commander Mormont currently leads 4-2

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Catelyn. As a book reader only, I have little memory of anything the Jeor did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Catelyn Stark, more central to the storyline.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

All square with only a few mins to run

Time has expired. Looks like it comes to me to vote.

So my thoughts on this are that I actually agree with Vale that Catelyn is a more central character.

Problem is I hate her guts, she brought a lot of the issues down on to House Stark with her headstrong ways. Her over-acting in her last scene annoys me too if I'm honest.

So I'll vote for Jeor Mormont, who was an honourable man. A trait not valued too much so far it seems.

Jeor Mormont advances 5 - 4

Match 6:

Two minor characters in the grand scheme of the series but they're throwing down here for your votes:

Viserys Targaryen

450?cb=20181108063513

VS

Jaqen H'Ghar

450?cb=20160808073200

Have to run out for a while but will be back by the conclusion of this bout.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Viserys. Awful character. But love-to-hate type. Also love Harry Lloyd the actor. Played Charles Xavier in Legion too in a few episodes of the last season and was great.

Hmmm tough call here as I like both for very different reason, but have to go for Viserys because his crown of gold is one of the highlights of the early episodes, he's a bad b@stard but in a love to hate kind of way, and in Season 1 with Viserys and Drogo knocking about, Dany's storyline was half decent, and I didn't hate her too much at that point

Not a fan of either. One was just an annoying whiny knob who would have made a crap king and I wasn’t a fan of the other’s Yoda speak. I’ll vote for Viserys Targaryen though as his death was pretty cool and The House of Faces plotline bored me.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Viserys. Awful character. But love-to-hate type. Also love Harry Lloyd the actor. Played Charles Xavier in Legion too in a few episodes of the last season and was great.

He was great in the BBC Robin Hood series in the mid '00s as Will Scarlett too. Well worth checking out, very underrated show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Jaqen H'Ghar, less of a d1ck.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Viserys leads 3-1, voting expires at 14.19

Viserys Targaryen progresses 3-1 as the time expires on this bout.

Match 7:

Ok I've been taking it easy on you since the first match caused some heartbreak but it's time for that to change. Another big name is going to tumble out here and I'll likely be lynched :D

Tywin Lannister

1d59b48e-cb76-4f70-81a3-4697aba8a261.jpg

VS

Sandor Clegane AKA The Hound

360?cb=20190513053354

The Hound because he's the F**king Hound and had some of the greatest moments in the series. Tywin is great, but he's no match for The Greatest C**t of All!

• Advertisement

Oh, you swine. Two great characters but I have to go with Sandor Clegane AKA The Hound - love his surly demeanour and growled put downs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The Hound. No contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

tywin, cause his name has win in it.

The Hound, my second fav character

Time on this bout expires at 15.04, The Hound currently leads 4-1

• Advertisement
Advertisement