Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - Game of Thrones Greatest Character

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

quickbeam wrote: »
    Nah, I liked her.

Fair enough. Each to their own. You're wrong though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Eddard Stark - Ten times the man Theon could dream to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Eddard was the best character in the whole show..... should win contest easily!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ned leads 4-2, this contest expires at 18.04

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ned Stark, because Theon is, sorry has a bit of a useless prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Theons story arc, arrogant head melter, villain, reek the traitorous feck was an evil ****e, his redemption was brilliant though but a bit soured by the rushed last couple of seasons.

Neds absolutely central to everything that went on even though he was in season one only. Genuinely painful death for my naive head watching it.

Ned wins but just about

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ned takes down Theon/Reek with a 6-2 victory and makes it past the first round.... so very unlike Game of Thrones and Sean Bean's roles in general then :P

A bit sad to see Sansa go and Tywin.

Sansa had a fantastic story arc throughout

Tywin was the pure brains behind the operation but to be fair the hound was played beautifully. Thank god for 2nd chances, cant believe I missed the start of this

Match 15

Over the halfway point now and next up is the battle of the friend-zone characters....

Jorah Mormont

220px-Jorah_Mormont-Iain_Glen.jpg

VS

Samwell Tarly

220px-Samwell_Tarly-John_Bradley.jpg

Sam, because Sam is the best

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    A bit sad to see Sansa go and Tywin.

Sansa had a fantastic story arc throughout

Tywin was the pure brains behind the operation but to be fair the hound was played beautifully. Thank god for 2nd chances, cant believe I missed the start of this

Yeah, luck of the draw really. No way would Tywin/Sansa/Dany/Theon go out before the likes of Viserys and The High Sparrow but that's randomisation for ya :(

Jorah, good back story to him. And absolutely the most friendzoned character in any TV series ever. Sam was grand but his bumbling stick was hard going at times despite him being a likeable enough character

Jorah ftw

Jorah Mormont - I found Sam a bit boring. Even his discovery of Jon Snow’s bloodline seemed to be done in a “not really that important” blink and you’ll miss it kind of way.

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah, luck of the draw really. No way would Tywin/Sansa/Dany/Theon go out before the likes of Viserys and The High Sparrow but that's randomisation for ya :(

Yeah but that's why you put your morals and random fairness out the window so no one has to make serious decision in round 1 :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Jorah because Sam was a bit of a dope in the books.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Yeah but that's why you put your morals and random fairness out the window so no one has to make serious decision in round 1 :D

Or apply seedlings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Jorah, hes a noble chap. Gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

These choices are mean

Ser Friendzone Vs Sam the Slayer

Jorah in the beginning is a scumbag character lying and spying on Dany he loves her with all his heart in the end and is willing to die for her.

Sam is such a great character in the books he's good in the show too ..

Jorah get my vote here he fights to win back his place at danys side.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Another vote for Jorah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Jorah - the bear to his maiden fair.

• Advertisement

Jorah advances to Friendzone Stage... sorry I mean Round 2. Sam still has a chance though in the second chance Showdowns.

Match 16:

Next up and the red woman takes on one of Bran's faithful followers

Melisandre

220px-Melisandre-Carice_van_Houten.jpg

VS

Meera Reed

360?cb=20170807214241

Melisandre as Meera and her brother are fairly yawn.

Melisandre - Bigger influence on the overall show. Meera’s character didn’t really need to be there.

Melisandre, because of the jumpscare I got when she turned in to the creepy old lady...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Meera is a glorified babysitter, Melisandre gets the vote

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Melisandre because boobies. Also great scenes!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Melisandre wasn't as much use as everyone thought she'd be, but Meera is the reason Bran made it to the end.
    And there's also the matter of how Melisandre BBQd a young girl for her stupid witch s#ite.

I vote Meera!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

And there's also the matter of how Melisandre BBQd a young girl for her stupid witch s#ite.
    Yeah, but boobs.

Melisandre gets my vote..

• Advertisement

Melisandre burns Meera Reed as a sacrifice and advances, 6-1 the scoreline

Advertisement