Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - Game of Thrones Greatest Character

Options
  • 02-05-2020 5:55pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Coming Soon.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ice zombie 8739, the way he carried that axe and didnt help ruin the final season.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Ned.

/thread

EXCITING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Little bit on how this will work once the other various contests are finished up:

56 hand-picked contestants by MOI ;)

They will all do battle in Round 1.

That will put 28 clean through to Round 2.

3 second chance battle royales ala LeVar's fantastic idea. All characters get split into three groups randomly and face off against each other, people vote in order of preference to see one from each grouping progress.

The final battle is nominations. If there is a character you want included that has been previously omitted from the show.... OR THE BOOKS feel free to include it. The battle royale will be run in the exact same fashion as the second chance matches. (Mainly because I've noticed the scores are low as everyone plumps for their own naturally).

Please don't send your noms until I open them, they may already be included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    3 second chance battle royales ala LeVar's fantastic idea. All characters get split into three groups randomly and face off against each other, people vote in order of preference to see one from each grouping progress.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Loved the books, but it's been a while since I read them. Only saw the first season of the TV show. This should be ... interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

The Hound

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Tyrion or The Hound from the main cast.

Lyanna Mormont for the supporting cast, she was badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Stannis of House Baratheon, First of his name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm.

The one true king

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WengerOutIn

Bronn

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This will be starting tomorrow morning all things going to plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Hmm.. I wonder will be killing off people at a greater rate than the show does..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

tyrion, the hound and bronn. but the hound:

bald ****
    **** the king
    what the ****s a lommy?

i'm already biased :P

Jesus. It would be awkward if I left out some of the ones mentioned above wouldn't it

giphy.gif

Necro wrote: »
    Jesus. It would be awkward if I left out some of the ones mentioned above wouldn't it

giphy.gif

Necro realises he overlooked Tyrion* and rushes to cut a lesser character from the list

*yeah, that's right, its a really bad joke, but f**k it I'm rolling with it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

for fans of GOT, and SOAD (Serj at least!), this is some tune. what a singer:

tywin good call as well!

Kicking off with the first match at circa 11am folks. Draw is done and there are some intriguing matches even in Round 1 imo anyways.

It will be first to 6 votes (with valid reasoning) for Round 1, or most votes after 45 mins. Reasons don't have to be in depth or anything. If you like how their hair catches the light on a bright summers morning, or even that you simply prefer them, they're all valid.

Anti-XYZ votes are also actively encouraged:P

In the event of a tie after the time period of 45 mins expires, I will cast the deciding vote.

Y'all ready for this?

Round 1

First to six votes, or most votes after 45 minutes advances to Round 2

Match 1:

It's a Royal Showdown in an epic opening battle bound to upset some folk. Can Sansa FINALLY get one over her tormentor in Cersei or is history bound to repeat itself?

Cersei Lannister

220px-Cersei_Lannister_in_Black_Dress_in_Season_5.jpg

VS

Sansa Stark

latest?cb=20170818143944&path-prefix=fr

• Advertisement

Sansa because she's the best and I'm going to use my Sextuple Jeopardy (which Necro said only I get) and immediately advance Sansa to Round 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That’s a big match to start with. Two very strong characters but I do love a bit of evil, most of the best characters were complete bastards. So my vote goes to Cersei Lannister.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Fůck me that's some start! Shame!!!

Sansa for me, she has a great character ark, got tired of Cersie and was just hoping she would be killed off every episode.

Both fantastic characters with a lot of development over the seasons but Sansa is my pick. She went from "little bird" to queenly falcon! :D

15 minutes remain. Sansa currently leads 3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Cersei! Evil vindictive woman that you just love to hate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Cersei. Great character. Sansa may have made the transition from meek to war queen, but she managed to do it all in an exceedingly dull way.

Looks like I may have to break a tie in the very first match :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I will give a vote to Cersei, because I really like Lena Headey in general!!

• Advertisement

And at the very last minute, a vote from Irish Aris sends Cersei Lannister into round two in a tough opening match.

4-3 the score there.

Advertisement