Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - Game of Thrones Greatest Character

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Danerys for me, absolutely central to the greater plot. Also smoking hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Anyone who think Dany is a good character is deluded... she's the Mariah Carey of Game Of Thrones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Tormond

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Obviously there'd be bugger all story without Dany, but Tormund is much more entertaining so he gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Tormund gets my vote, much better character, got bored of Dany pretty quick in both series and books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Necrina

Tormund because I would choose a funny wildling over a mad queen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Tornund ,the way the show went probably sullied my view of danerys

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And in the tightest battle yet, Tormund (with a little help from Necrina) topples the Mad Queen.

6-5 the scoreline.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Match 13:

Two members of the Kingsguard facing off next.

Meryn Trant

360?cb=20140928135510

VS

Jaime Lannister

220px-Jaime_Lannister-Nikolaj_Coster-Waldau.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Anyone who think Dany is a good character is deluded... she's the Mariah Carey of Game Of Thrones

There's a dragon heading your way buddy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Has to be Jaime Lannister. For a supposed baddie, you often find yourself rooting for him rather than his opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

King slayer. Trying to ignore the nasty sister business

Jaime because Meryn's a big paedo and even though Jaime got a terrible ending in the show, still a great arc until the final season

King slayer. Trying to ignore the nasty sister business

Funnily enough, incest would be one of the lesser crimes Cersei and Jaime are guilty of :D

There's a dragon heading your way buddy..

I ain't buddies with anyone who thinks Dany is a good character... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Jaime because as Bronn says "you're[Meryn] a grub in fancy armor who's better at beating little girls than fighting men." and as The Hound says "Any boy whore with a sword could beat three Meryn Trants".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The Kingslayer he is my favourite of all the characters book and TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Jamie, always had a bit of good in him

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Jaime because he so pretty.

I'd have gone Dany too if I'd been here earlier. As a book reader I've not had to deal with the downfall that her tv counterpart went through.

Jaime Lannister storms into the next round with a pasting of his Kingsguard buddy. 6-0 the scoreline.

• Advertisement

Match 14:

A blood feud is reborn in this next battle;

Eddard Stark

latest?cb=20120511213934

VS

Theon Greyjoy

220px-Theon_Greyjoy-Alfie_Allen.jpg

Jaime can't win in the story he killed the mad king to stop him ordering Tywin killed in a world where honou means so much Jaime is better making the rules up as he goes along problem for him was most of the kings guard were Rheagars friends so he was on his own and protected his father rather than the king. It's funny this never comes up in the show and very rarely comes up in the book.

Theon because Sean Bean can f**k off and all...

Ned, because, "one does not simply become kingshand and survive crossing a Lannister".

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'd have gone Dany too if I'd been here earlier. As a book reader I've not had to deal with the downfall that her tv counterpart went through.

She's literally the worst character in the books too though QB. Her chapters would bore ya to tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Has to be Ned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Theon for me, tough one.

She's literally the worst character in the books too though QB. Her chapters would bore ya to tears.

Nah, I liked her.

Ned is too prickly I'd have chopped Jaime down in the throne room I'd have cut up little finger and knowing Jon Snows parentage I'd have murdered Robert as Lyanne would have been much more important to me than a friend.

In saying that Reek is a sneak so Ned gets my vote over tooless Theon

• Advertisement

Eddard was such a good egg noble and strong. He didn't last long enough though to have made much of an impact I feel. Theon on the other hand was a great character. So human. So flawed. Theon for me.

Advertisement