Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - Game of Thrones Greatest Character

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necro wrote: »
    Presumably that's a vote for Varys QB?

No, Arya.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Arya. Varys is great, but he doesn't hold a candle to Arya. Her big "moment" bit was ****e, but aside from that, her parts throughout were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Big talk Geordi. Arya is far superior to the Eunuch. Arya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Arya started a girl and had an astonishing character arc! The waif ****e was bad but her with the hound, serving tywin, surviving on her own was brilliant.

Varys is one of the most complex characters and his interactions or always multi layered.

Genuinely love both characters

Arya for me for surviving to the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

2 immense characters.

Varys ( Master of Spiders ) and Littlefinger was a highlight in the earlier seasons.He became sort of redundant as the seasons progressed IMO.

Arya was just so kick ass with pointy.

Her love of the Starks,her journey with the Hound.

Loved her storyline with the House of Faces and Jaqen H'aghar.

Was disappointed she killed the waif.

Her kill list simply brilliant,just deserts for Meryn Trant and Walder Frey.

Her interaction with Tywin at Harrenhal.

Disgusted that she ended up killing the Night King who I deemed central to the end of the story.

Very lame.

Arya all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Varys - for his verbal duelling with Littlefinger and Tyrion.

If TV Arya was closer to Book Arya, then Arya, but - three characters in season six are stabbed with with daggers. Two are warriors (including Areo Hotah ) who get one stab, the other Arya who gets a dozen stabs in the belly. One survives with a band aid and chicken soup...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Collie D wrote: »
    I’ll vote for Varys the Spider as I liked the political manoeuvring and general sneakiness in the show and Varys was a master of it.

And a big boooooo to the random number generator.

We haven't agreed on a lot today Collie, and some words were said in the heat of the moment. I meant every one of them at the time, but fair f**ks to ya, I couldn't agree with you more on this one anyway... :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Varys becomes the latest victim of the 'pint sized assassin' 6-3 the result.

Genuinely expected that to go the other way...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Match 27:

No let up folks, some big characters are going to fall here.

The Stark brothers draw swords for the next duel...

Bran Stark

220px-Bran_Stark_-_Isaac_Hempstead-Wright.jpeg

VS

Robb Stark

220px-Robb_Stark-Richard_Madden.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Remember Varys freed Tyrion that's how he got to the end just saying ;)

• Advertisement

Big talk Geordi.

Welcome to the Thunderdome, Newbie!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I like neither in this round so I dislike Robb least and vote for him. Bran just annoyed the fcuk out of me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Robb easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Abstaining from this one as Bran can see everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I'd vote for Pycelles Ballbag over Boring boring Bran.
    Robb gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Robb Stark - Hated Bran. Look what he did to poor Hodor.

Robb. He'd an awesome end (books), and was deeply humanly flawed (reneaging in his Frey marriage promise). But I'd vote for anyone over Bran.

ASLB may have than Dany's chapters were the worst. I also hear Sansa's chapters cited as the worst by many. But the fact is, the worst chapters were Bran's.

I like neither in this round so I dislike Robb least and vote for him. Bran just annoyed the fcuk out of me for some reason.

The fact that a cripple lived to the end when mountains of men and women died really bugged the sh1t out of me tbh. Especially given his travels.

Don't care much for either of these Starks, can we have Sansa back instead?

Robb wins hands down, Bran is useless in the show! What an awful awful hape of ****e he turned out to be

• Advertisement

Bran, I suppose, just to annoy some of the other voters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Robb for having such a legendary death

Robb slices through Bran, a 6-0 whitewash. Maybe Bran will have some love in the second chance showdowns....

Maybe Bran will have some love in the second chance showdowns....

Nah :eek:

Robb slices through Bran, a 6-0 whitewash. Maybe Bran will have some love in the second chance showdowns....

Not a single vote for the last man to sit on the throne, shows how far wrong they went in the last season really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Bran is the worst! Robb gets the vote

Match 28:

Final match as selected by myself.

And it's a doozy. The nasty bastard himself against Brienne the Bold. In a sword fight there's only one winner. But in this.... you decide.

Roose Bolton

220px-Roose_Bolton_Profile_in_the_Snow.jpg

VS

Brienne of Tarth

220px-Brienne_of_Tarth-Gwendoline_Christie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I really wanted Bran to evolve into a character central to the Night King story but it was poorly portrayed.He was largely sidelined.

The three eyed raven,warging and special powers largely amounted to nothing.

I was disappointed he was anointed the new ruler,not unexpected that Bran the broken becomes the unbroken one.

Loved Robb,an idealist.Lost too early to the story.Marrying the love of his life and reneging on his promise of matrimony to a Frey led to the never to be forgotten Red wedding.

Will undoubtedly be going against the grain.

Robb Stark!

Rats Roose Bolton because he's a great baddie, and was terrific at the Red Wedding. Nothing against Brienne, but she's no Roose

• Advertisement

Brienne because I was her.

Advertisement