Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - Game of Thrones Greatest Character

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Roose Bolton - Another awful bollocks and more interesting than Brienne who although she had good traits was just a bit bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Nasty Roose Bolton of Dreadfort for me.

Brienne bored me.

Whole will they won't they with Jaime.

A loyal servant of Renly,Catelyn.

Dispatched poor Stannis.:D

The fact she as a woman became a knight was corny.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Necrina

Brienne of Tarth because I liked her character and I would never choose that bastard's father.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Brienne for me, her mind seemed to be her biggest battle, Roose was an excellent bastarrd but not as much as his son ya he's not winning this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Brienne - like Ser Duncan a century before the best knight was not a knight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Welcome to the Thunderdome, Newbie!

giphy.gif
    I am Inigo Montoya....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok before I announce the Second Chance Showdowns... it's time to

DfoEeefl.jpg

Time to get your nomination in for the People’s Choice Wildcard contestant. You all get only 1 nomination here, so use it wisely. PM me the name of your nominee by 11am tomorrow morning and then all nominees chosen by you will face off in a battle royale, in Match 32 and conclude our first round.

Why only 1 nomination per person? Because only 1 will be winning their way in to the competition, and the more competition they are up against the tougher a time they will have winning their way in, so you'd only handicap the 1 you truly want to see in there if you had multiple nominations....

And just as a recap, here are the names already included:

Cersei Lannister
    The High Sparrow
    Joffrey Baratheon
    Bronn of the Blackwater
    Lord Commander Jeor Mormont
    Viserys Targaryen
    Sandor Clegane AKA The Hound
    The Onion Knight, Ser Davos Seaworth
    Hodor
    Tyrion Lannister
    Ramsay Bolton
    Tormund Giantsbane
    Jaime Lannister
    Eddard Stark
    Jorah Mormont
    Melisandre
    Walder Frey
    Asha/Yara Greyjoy
    Qyburn
    Petyr Baelish aka Littlefinger
    Stannis Baratheon
    Osha
    Margaery Tyrell
    Jon Snow
    Podric Payne
    Arya Stark
    Robb Stark
    Sansa Stark
    Janos Slynt
    Syrio Forel
    Ser Barristan Selmy
    Catelyn Stark
    Jaqen H'Ghar
    Tywin Lannister
    King Robert Baratheon
    Euron Greyjoy
    Ygritte
    Beric Dondarrion
    Danerys Targaryen
    Meryn Trant
    Theon Greyjoy
    Samwell Tarly
    Meera Reed
    Grey Worm
    The Waif
    Khal Drogo
    Shae
    Gendry
    Lysa Arryn
    Grenn
    Gregor Clegane aka The Mountain
    Grand Maester Pycelle
    Varys the Spider
    Bran Stark
    Roose Bolton
    Brienne of Tarth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Brienne. I like Ugly Wenches

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Roose was a bollocks

Brienne was a warrior, defeated The Hound and I liked her character arc! She was more likeable by Jaime going back to Cersei even if it did ruin his character a little

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

duffman seals the win for Brienne!!! She takes down Roose Bolton by 6 votes to 3.

Don't go anywhere people, Second Chance Battle Royales will be announced shortly....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I am Inigo Montoya....

Well played. There may be hope for you yet Westernyelp, even if your taste in GoT Characters is a bit sh*t... :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

duffman13 wrote: »
    Roose was a bollocks

Brienne was a warrior, defeated The Hound and I liked her character arc! She was more likeable by Jaime going back to Cersei even if it did ruin his character a little

Defeated a "heavily injured" Hound.

The Runner-Ups from the first 28 matches were sent to the Loser’s Lounge where their numbers were shuffled and they were randomized in to 3 groups of 9, 9 and 10.

The way these matches will work, is gonna be a bit different and don’t think anything like it has been done here for a tournament like this before, so hope I’ve managed to explain this well, and that you'll all enjoy the unusual format.

For EACH Match once I post all 3, choose 7 and send me a PM with those names listed in order of priority for you, with 1 being your first preference.

Kind of like in Eurovision, those 7 will be assigned a different number of points. Your first preference will get 8 points, second preference gets 6, third gets 5, fouth gets 4, fifth gets 3, sixth gets 2, and seventh gets 1 point.
    If there isn’t seven characters there that you fancy giving points to, and say you only want to send in five names, your first preference will still get 8 points, second still gets 6 points, and so on and so forth.

I will tally all of the points from everyone's voting card, and once the deadline for votes has passed I will reveal who scored what and announce the Winner.

Only the character with the highest number of total points in each of these 3 Second Chance Showdown matches will return to the competition, the other 25 characters are eliminated.

Sounds a bit complicated, but hopefully isn’t, and fingers crossed this will all work out.

(Brief shamelessly stolen and altered from LeVar's comedy contest)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Defeated a "heavily injured" Hound.

True but she was a better character than Roose, his double cross was great, stabbed by his bastard son though so that negates his double cross.

Can't see Brienne going much further though

Necro wrote: »
    The way these matches will work, is gonna be a bit different and don’t think anything like it has been done here for a tournament like this before, so hope I’ve managed to explain this well, and that you'll all enjoy the unusual format.

If you're gonna steal my whole speech, at least take out the line that says nothing like this has ever been done before when it was literally only two weeks ago it was done in another tournament, ya little bollix... :D

Lysa Arryn

VS

Meera Reed

VS

Grenn

VS

Ser Barristan Selmy

VS

Khal Drogo

VS

Catelyn Stark

VS

Bran Stark

VS

King Robert Baratheon

VS

Varys the Spider

Sansa Stark

VS

Samwell Tarly

VS

Ygritte

VS

Danerys Targaryen

VS

Gendry

VS

Janos Slynt

VS

Jaqen H'Ghar

VS

Beric Dondarrion

VS

Shae

The Waif

VS

Grey Worm

VS

Meryn Trant

VS

Gregor Clegane aka The Mountain

VS

Euron Greyjoy

VS

Syrio Forel

VS

Tywin Lannister

VS

Roose Bolton

VS

Theon Greyjoy

VS

Grand Maester Pycelle

PM your top 7 from each of the above three matches to me by 11am tomorrow morning

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Second chance showdown is confusing. Why is it broken in to three groups when only one is going through?

One from each :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Sorry, I got it now (I think). PM sent.

Wildcard and Showdowns Sent In.

And now, we wait...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Wildcard and Showdowns Sent In.

Forgot about the Wildcard - nice reminder.
    And now, we wait...

This is the way.

I'm really excited to be on the other side of this type of reveal tomorrow... The anticipation is already killing me... :D

I've already had 10 entries for Match 1

9 for Match 2

And 8 for Match 3 :D

We also have 8 Wildcard Submissions as of this moment

When do the PMs have to be in? Do I pick seven overall or 7 from each group??

When do the PMs have to be in? Do I pick seven overall or 7 from each group??

By 11am tomorrow.

7 from each group. You can pick less if you like, entirely up to you :)

Necro wrote: »
    By 11am tomorrow.

7 from each group. You can pick less if you like, entirely up to you :)

Thanks Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Once Sansa isn't picked, the women is the human equivalent of magnolia paint. Completely drab and uninteresting

• Advertisement

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Once Sansa isn't picked, the women is the human equivalent of magnolia paint. Completely drab and uninteresting

I Will Fight You Pete!

Just name the time and place and I will destroy you for dissing my Queen!

Queen of the North! Queen of the North! Queen of the North!

Advertisement