Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

SPDUB wrote: »
    No they weren't .

Trump banned flights from Europe on March 12th and extended it to Ireland and UK on March 14th .

So by March 21st there was a limited number of flights between Europe and USA

Fact is though that USPS confirmed (as per my posts above) that my parcel left the US on March 21st. Why are you continuing to argue ?

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 85,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think with Covid there is many delays

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Repeated fake delivery attempts, tempted to carbomb the fat sh1t at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Marlow wrote: »
    Fact is though that USPS confirmed (as per my posts above) that my parcel left the US on March 21st. Why are you continuing to argue ?

/M

USPS would only know that it went into the cargo area of the airport. It could then sit there for weeks before space is available on an aircraft which is why they started to send European parcels by sea freight in the last few weeks.

Think of checking in at an airport. You've checked in, gone through security and effectively "left". But if your flight is delayed you have not left, you are in a holding situation in the departure lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Marlow wrote: »

/M

So you consider it arguing when it's pointed out that 2 things you said were facts ( lockdown and flights) aren't anything of the sort .

If I actually wanted to wanted to argue I would point out what question you should get your sender to ask USPS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD: Marlow and SPDUB leave the bickering please. Its going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

had a package from Latvia sent in April, told it reachedd the UK on the 20th, any idea how how much longer it should take to reach here?

Tracking seems to have just stopped in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

walshtipp wrote: »
    Anybody have any experience receiving parcels from Germany via DHL/An Post recently?

I had an item ship from Germany on 21st March and it just arrived this morning.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    had a package from Latvia sent in April, told it reachedd the UK on the 20th, any idea how how much longer it should take to reach here?

Tracking seems to have just stopped in the UK.

Who knows. They can't deliver Amazon packages and they're the premium delivery product.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I have a delay on a USPS package at the moment, that I'm a bit unsure how to proceed with.

Tracking information shows me it was processed through Jamaica NY on May 10 and then a separate log saying it departed NY on May 10.

The final tracking entry is for May 11 and it says 'Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on May 11 ... Your item is currently in transit to the destination'.

But no sign since. Could it be waiting in some depot?

I haven't tried emailing a query anywhere yet. It's not showing up on An Post tracking yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

I have a delay on a USPS package at the moment, that I'm a bit unsure how to proceed with.

Tracking information shows me it was processed through Jamaica NY on May 10 and then a separate log saying it departed NY on May 10.

The final tracking entry is for May 11 and it says 'Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on May 11 ... Your item is currently in transit to the destination'.

I haven't tried emailing a query anywhere yet. It's not showing up on An Post tracking yet.

12 days from ‘Departed Dublin Airport’ to being delivered in my experience in early May, someone else more recently had 20 days elapse. Likely sitting in a cage to be sorted/go through customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

I had a similar tracking experience recently and this was for an item from Ireland to U.K. An Post tracking on 8th May said shipped and Royal Mail status from 8th May until 22nd said “we are expecting item from country of origin“. It was delivered on the 23rd but had no tracking update for 2 weeks. I imagine it was just sitting somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭brimeh

Negative_G wrote: »
    Hopefully you'll have it soon.

Your experience gives me some confidence.

My item is only small, a4 packet as opposed to a package.

Took 2 days in customs, left "DUBLIN DIRECT ENTRY" today and often in the past when I've had a package leave Dublin, it's delivered (Cork) the next day. I'd be surprised if I see it tomorrow but there's hope yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

I'm still waiting on a package shipped 60 days ago from Serbia there can't be that much of a delay surely it is lost at this stage,

It's nearly 2m long so it's hard to loose something that big,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

ED E wrote: »
    Repeated fake delivery attempts, tempted to carbomb the fat sh1t at this point.
    Who knows. They can't deliver Amazon packages and they're the premium delivery product.

Generally I see when you post, there's nearly always an issue. Whether its a delivery service, a phone service, a tv service or some other service.

You either have dreadful bad luck with virtually every service out there or there is something about your address that is causing an issue.

If I had as much poor experience with every company I dealt with as you seem to have, I'd look at what may be wrong at my end.

It looks like Heathrow actually is quite a culprit.

I had a parcel come into AddressPal 3 days ago. It's still sitting there.

Another one shipped from Greece on the 22.04. turned up in Heathrow on the 21.05., but hasn't moved since either.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Doing Saturday and even Sunday deliveries in various offices because there is so many to deliver so Amazon seem satisfied

SPDUB wrote: »
    Doing Saturday and even Sunday deliveries in various offices because there is so many to deliver so Amazon seem satisfied

Might be the local fella taking the mick. Our mail carrier is coming as expected, just PXP thats the issue.
    29 May 2020 12:28

Your delivery is in DUBLIN 14,

28 May 2020 23:47

We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery

28 May 2020 13:04

27 May 2020 23:39

27 May 2020 13:11

26 May 2020 23:38

26 May 2020 15:12

We tried to deliver your post - Lie

26 May 2020 00:00

25 May 2020 14:19

We tried to deliver your post - Lie

25 May 2020 04:39

24 May 2020 22:06

Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

24 May 2020 21:38

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

It looks like he's spoofing attempts to keep within Amazons SLAs. Amazon are only happy until they're ready to drop AP for Amazon Logistics.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1219/1102071-amazon-dublin-warehouse-report/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Is this actually an post's issue or is it something else? I know delays is common right now and I'm ok with that given what's happening around the world. But what is an acceptable delay?

I ordered two parcels from America in April. Both of them shipped within two days of each other. Received one of them over two weeks ago. Still waiting on another.

Not sure how to proceed with the package I'm still waiting for and if I should follow it up or give it more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Fluppen

My parcel which left the warehouse in the US in early April has been in Ireland since mid May and departed Dublin Airport on the 17th. It hasn't made it as far as Wexford yet though.
    In the hands of USPS, or at least that's who is providing the final mile tracking which hasn't changed since the 17th. 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Fluppen wrote: »
    My parcel which left the warehouse in the US in early April has been in Ireland since mid May and departed Dublin Airport on the 17th. It hasn't made it as far as Wexford yet though.
    In the hands of USPS, or at least that's who is providing the final mile tracking which hasn't changed since the 17th. ��

If your tracking starts with U, you won't receive any further updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wing126 wrote: »
    If your tracking starts with U, you won't receive any further updates.

What if it starts with E?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    What if it starts with E?

Universal- u not tracking
    Express - tracking available

• Registered Users Posts: 13 reddev75

Hi all.ive been waiting on 1 from uk since the 27th march.
    Last bit of tracking that it was leaving the uk that morning and not a thing since.i wonder could it be holed up in storage around heathrow?
    Just wondering has anybody been waiting as long for mail from the uk?

reddev75 wrote: »
    Last bit of tracking that it was leaving the uk that morning and not a thing since.i wonder could it be holed up in storage around heathrow?

Even stuff going to AddressPal is delayed. I had one sit 5 days in Heathrow after being delivered to An Post AddressPal address. It did turn up tracking wise in Ireland eventually on Saturday .. hopefully arriving on Tuesday.

/M

How big it is?
    One think it may be lost at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 13 reddev75

Bikerguy wrote: »
    How big it is?
    One think it may be lost at this stage....

Its only a small little retro arcade handheld gaming device.it wasnt that expensive.i just thought it would have arrived by now.youre probabaly right do on it being lost by now!

Its only a small little retro arcade handheld gaming device.it wasnt that expensive.i just thought it would have arrived by now.youre probabaly right do on it being lost by now!

I think the uk threshold would be max around 3 weeks... 2 months is little over the top....

I am waiting as well..... but mine parcels are expensive...it will be pain to either recover money or even deal with it at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Bikerguy wrote: »
    I think the uk threshold would be max around 3 weeks... 2 months is little over the top....

I am waiting as well..... but mine parcels are expensive...it will be pain to either recover money or even deal with it at this stage

Just seen an Post delivering parcels this morning in dublin. Van looked loaded. Do they normally deliver on bank holidays? Didn't think so. This is a very busy time for them, Thanks an Post.

• Advertisement

Joziburg wrote: »
    Just seen an Post delivering parcels this morning in dublin. Van looked loaded. Do they normally deliver on bank holidays? Didn't think so. This is a very busy time for them, Thanks an Post.

Not in my area..... aka Cavan... but the amount of work they have a woudlnt be surprised

Advertisement