Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 15.6'' Ryzen AMD 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz 256Gb SSD - €490

Options

Comments

The keys should be sent to you within a few minutes of purchase. Lol no one is coming to arrest you for buying a software key from eBay.

I think he was being sarcastic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

McMurphy wrote: »
    Seen a poster on the laptop forum say they specced one on Lenovo site for pretty much the same price as the offer.

Not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

dodzy wrote: »

Not a hope.

That's what they said.
    Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    I seem to be able to go onto their site and customize a laptop for what seems to be the same price anyway so all good :D

McMurphy wrote: »
    That's what they said.

that post was from April 23 when the deal was still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I guess the deal is still there other than deselecting Windows 10 Home option gone, which was a saving for around €85 (€95 - 10% email signup).

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    that post was from April 23 when the deal was still going.

Ah my bad, I was following the posts before where one guy seemed to suggest that the deal was over, and that poster replied saying they specced one for same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Just got a cancellation email for the 14 inch Intel version, ordered over 2 weeks ago.

Anyone else get similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

PaulKK wrote: »
    Just got a cancellation email for the 14 inch Intel version, ordered over 2 weeks ago.

Anyone else get similar?

Have you checked your order? I ordered about two weeks ago aswell (AMD Ryzen) and my online order says it’s been released to manufacturing.

Have you checked your order? I ordered about two weeks ago aswell (AMD Ryzen) and my online order says it’s been released to manufacturing.

It had said it had been released to manufacturing, but I also got a delay email a few days after ordering. This morning I got the cancellation mail.

UK store btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Did they give a reason for cancellation?

• Advertisement

It had said it had been released to manufacturing, but I also got a delay email a few days after ordering. This morning I got the cancellation mail.

UK store btw.

Ah ok. That’s not good news. Nervous times ahead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

Order back a few weeks ago and then put a second order in a few days after for the same machine with a metal palm rest. Have shipping date for first one and can still cancel it but afraid to cancel it in case second one also gets cancelled. If the 2 ship I'm more than willing to offload the first at cost price to someone on here that missed out.
    Spec was Rysen5 4500 with 16gb ram, 256GB HD, 70Wh battery, fingerprint reader, backlit keyboard. Will update ye once I know more on the orders.

Doff wrote: »
    Did they give a reason for cancellation?

"Unfortunately, the " ASSEMBLY IdeaPad 5 14IIL05 (1x)" you ordered is no longer available and as a result it was necessary to cancel it. We double checked with other warehouses, but sadly without success."

foxirl wrote: »
    Order back a few weeks ago and then put a second order in a few days after for the same machine with a metal palm rest. Have shipping date for first one and can still cancel it but afraid to cancel it in case second one also gets cancelled. If the 2 ship I'm more than willing to offload the first at cost price to someone on here that missed out.
    Spec was Rysen5 4500 with 16gb ram, 256GB HD, 70Wh battery, fingerprint reader, backlit keyboard. Will update ye once I know more on the orders.

I'd gladly take it off your hands?

Can pay via revolut/PayPal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

I opened a ticket as I had not got a ship date.
    Got the following reply:
    Unfortunately the Metal C Cover that was included in your order don't have any supply yet. In that case, our relevant department is just advising you to cancel this order and transfer to ABS Cover.

I talked to Customer Support and their advice was to hold tough for a while as supply of parts can change on a daily basis.
    I talked to Pre-Sales who said they cannot re-do a quote with ABS cover at the same price.

So, it's wait and see for now. At least they didn't cancel it ..... yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

glog wrote: »
    I opened a ticket as I had not got a ship date.
    Got the following reply:
    Unfortunately the Metal C Cover that was included in your order don't have any supply yet. In that case, our relevant department is just advising you to cancel this order and transfer to ABS Cover.

I talked to Customer Support and their advice was to hold tough for a while as supply of parts can change on a daily basis.
    I talked to Pre-Sales who said they cannot re-do a quote with ABS cover at the same price.

So, it's wait and see for now. At least they didn't cancel it ..... yet.

Whats the metal c cover is that the metal palm rest? If thats then case then I am in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Zardoz

jasonhn wrote: »

As I feared ,overheating issues and throttling .
    I expect the fan on the Lenovo to be like a tractor .

Just got an email saying my order of the Lenovo 15 has been delayed due to a parts issue!!

:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Just got an email saying my order of the Lenovo 15 has been delayed due to a parts issue!!

:-(

Same, not looking too good :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Doff wrote: »
    Same, not looking too good :(

No email yet, for the people who are getting cancellation mails did ye order off the Uk or Ire store?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

I got a delay email but the date is the same as before?
    Ordered throught ire store.

4500u, 256gb SDD, IPS display, plastic palm rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Are the orders that have been cancelled have the metal or plastic palm rest? There seems to be an issue with supply of the metal palm rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

What spec? Did it say the part that was out of stock.

Just put in an order for one I had saved in my basket. It was too good a deal to turn down looking at benchmarks and reviews. Didn't have the option to spec the metal palm rest at the time hopefully it goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Got the same email,
    Didn’t spec the metal palm rest either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I got a delay email but the date is the same as before?
    Ordered throught ire store.

4500u, 256gb SDD, IPS display, plastic palm rest.

Same. Dispatch date the same as before.

No metal palm rest on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

Same here, delay notification but with the same dispatch day.

No metal palm rest on the version I ordered

Dante7 wrote: »
    Are the orders that have been cancelled have the metal or plastic palm rest? There seems to be an issue with supply of the metal palm rest.

Mine was metal palm rest. 14 inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Zardoz wrote: »
    As I feared ,overheating issues and throttling .
    I expect the fan on the Lenovo to be like a tractor .

YouTube review of the Lenovo said the opposite, performed quietly and well against a Dell XPS and a MacBook, both of which throttled. I wouldn't expect as much of Acer in that regard, generally more of a corner cutter. However in general it looks like AMD have been able to get partners to build better spec laptops all round this time. No doubt Dell will make one model available in Moldova with a dot matrix screen then use lack of sales to cancel their whole line. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Mine was metal palm rest. 14 inch.

This laptop isn't available in 14" with AMD yet. That's a different laptop that's been cancelled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement