Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

bladespin wrote: »
    Not really sure how it makes me feel tbh, kinda looks like a toy, the helmet's the icing on the cake though.

at least he included the helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,126 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goblin59 wrote: »
    at least he included the helmet.

What else could he do with it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

blade1 wrote: »

use it as a traffic cone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

use it as a traffic cone

Too bright, it'd cause an accident :P

use it as a traffic cone
    bladespin wrote: »
    Too bright, it'd cause an accident :P

I suppose it would suffice if you were going to a fancy dress as a poor man's Wilma Deering.

16d7ea80f97131198e2ec8c27b167caa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

I suppose it would suffice if you were going to a fancy dress as a poor man's Wilma Deering.

16d7ea80f97131198e2ec8c27b167caa.jpg
    Oh yeah now your talking my Vintage
    Erin Gray ( Buck Rodgers in the 25th century )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Owner has obviously put a lot of time and effort into this but it hurts more than a little that a VFR 400 has ended up like this

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/honda-vfr400-nc30/27096756

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yep. Now they've made it an undesirable bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

GBX wrote: »

Some young lad that can't ride a 600 would love that, age of the bike would probably make insurance an issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Owner has obviously put a lot of time and effort into this but it hurts more than a little that a VFR 400 has ended up like this

At least when they sell it they'll finally be satisfied with their turbo busa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭enrique66_35

I dunno I kinda like it but then I was in primary school when it was new so don't have the same sentimental attachment to the VFR 400 others might have....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

GBX wrote: »

I don't know, they general 'type' that would buy that bike would be all over that, that said, for the VF it's not too expensively prices, I still think the V4 engine is a little gem, I'm sure the havoc could be undone relatively cheaply.

The want for a 90s Fireblade is strong at the minute, decent value in Germany at the minute and any amount to choose from.

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/honda-cbr-900-gasoline-white-71f929b1-7cba-306b-e053-0100007f152c?cldtidx=19&cldtsrc=listPage&searchId=d9679b0d

The want for a 90s Fireblade is strong at the minute, decent value in Germany at the minute and any amount to choose from.

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/honda-cbr-900-gasoline-white-71f929b1-7cba-306b-e053-0100007f152c?cldtidx=19&cldtsrc=listPage&searchId=d9679b0d

Quick look around and some savage value on different bikes even with transport and vrt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Quick look around and some savage value on different bikes even with transport and vrt
    How do you get it to Ireland?

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    How do you get it to Ireland?

Hire a transporter they are coming in and out every week.

Big time. Lost myself in some of the german sites the last couple of evenings and theres great value and range. Have seen more dealers with German imports last few weeks so Im sure lots of those bikes are about to find their way to our shores.

I wonder how clean that blade is in the flesh.
    Seems to have had a spill going by the hard to make out pics.

Couple of bikes I'm interested in are crazy money on it.
    F*@king typical :mad:

I wonder how clean that blade is in the flesh.
    Seems to have had a spill going by the hard to make out pics.

Couple of bikes I'm interested in are crazy money on it.
    F*@king typical :mad:

Didn't look at it as have 0 interest in them personally, quick look the pics are grand, general wear on fairings to be expected, no obvious frame damage or markings, no cover damage, no peg damage, no signs of bar or fairing stay damage.
    Can't see any indicators of a spill, pics are relatively decent quality remember not all phones cameras are created equally.
    Worst case scenario dude picking it up just walks away and you're only on the hook for his time.

Big time. Lost myself in some of the german sites the last couple of evenings and theres great value and range. Have seen more dealers with German imports last few weeks so Im sure lots of those bikes are about to find their way to our shores.

Oh undoubtedly, to be fair worst case you have to change the light, not a big deal especially if you're already saving a few k

• Advertisement

Fack that is some chunk of change. Class bike, the wing at the front (if you'd call it that) is mental looking.

Oh undoubtedly, to be fair worst case you have to change the light, not a big deal especially if you're already saving a few k

Exactly, certain amount you'd be willing to deal with within reason.

Fack that is some chunk of change. Class bike, the wing at the front (if you'd call it that) is mental looking.

One of only 30.
    Max biaggi has one of them.

Here's one on the track

One of only 30.
    Max biaggi has one of them.

Here's one on the track

The sound of it - WOW. Some machine altogether.

Side note: Good to see the makers of that video got Stephen Hawking resurrected for the voiceover

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

Hire a transporter they are coming in and out every week.

Are they still running these days? Possibly not. Any recommendations?

I've never been on the autoscout site before, and I came across 2 bikes that I'd be interested in buying.
    So much so that I requested a quote from bike-on-board.ie but nothing back yet.

Magown3 wrote: »

I've never been on the autoscout site before, and I came across 2 bikes that I'd be interested in buying.

There was a thread here in the last week or two recommending Jarvis Transport for collection in Germany. Sounded like a great service and great value too. Transport is definitely still running.

Edit: here you go https://www.boards.ie/thread/2058153089/1/#post116085048

Magown3 wrote: »

They are indeed and none never bought one from abroad.
    Join shed 4 bikers on Facebook plenty of recommendations and lads doing it that will help ya out.
    What bikes are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

There was a thread here in the last week or two recommending Jarvis Transport for collection in Germany. Sounded like a great service and great value too. Transport is definitely still running.

Edit: here you go https://www.boards.ie/thread/2058153089/1/#post116085048

I've sent them a message to see what they come back with.
    They are indeed and none never bought one from abroad.
    Join shed 4 bikers on Facebook plenty of recommendations and lads doing it that will help ya out.
    What bikes are they?

I'll check out shed 4 bikers. They're both 600cc sport bikes from early 90's which look to be in great condition and sub 2k in price.

• Advertisement

If you're using Autoscout be sure to double check in the listing if the bike is actually in Germany from a transport/quotes point of view. Lot of bikes from Netherlands on there too.

Advertisement