Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

blade1 wrote: »
    I call first dibs when you're selling it next month! :D

That's most unkind....................

............there's no way that'll last a month.......... :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

galwaytt wrote: »
    That's most unkind....................

............there's no way that'll last a month.......... :D

Yiz are all just jealous :p

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

The info is gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

I can think of 1 or 2

Might be a suitable bike for that lad talking crap the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goblin59 wrote: »
    Might be a suitable bike for that lad talking crap the other day

Did I miss something? :o

On another note, is D3VIL's KTM on donedeal yet? :pac:

Did I miss something? :o

On another note, is D3VIL's KTM on donedeal yet? :pac:

I was just thinking that the month is up would someone mention it xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

mamax wrote: »

Not gonna lie when I saw this I was expecting it to be Devils KTM.

goblin59 wrote: »
    I was just thinking that the month is up would someone mention it xD

He's probably just being stubborn because we were onto him :pac:.

• Advertisement

4 gixxers for €4k.
    How will anyone resist such a bargain? :rolleyes:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/4-suzuki-gsxrs/26821201

4 gixxers for €4k.
    How will anyone resist such a bargain? :rolleyes:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/4-suzuki-gsxrs/26821201

4k later you'd still have 0 GSXRs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

What do make of guys offering you cash for your bike but can only buy now, like this evening?
    I got a funny feeling but I could be wrong so turned it down. The offer was shy of what I was looking for but not riculoously so.

What do make of guys offering you cash for your bike but can only buy now, like this evening?
    I got a funny feeling but I could be wrong so turned it down. The offer was shy of what I was looking for but not riculoously so.

I'd be a little wary, but if you were tempted, arrange to meet at a Garda station and bring a mate in a car so you can get back afterwards.

Bring one of those torches for checking cash too, I had a module in Money laundering on a course I did and one of the ways is just buy something quickly in cash so the fake money is someone else's problem

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You always have to be wary of these things. But at the same time people can do weird things when against a deadline or have cash handy and are local in an area.

If often last minute offers money for advert items but won't be back local for weeks so insert a meet you today request.

It's one of those ones where you're the best judge on how comfortable you are. If you're not don't then don't worry about it. The fact you had an offer is a good sign and I'm sure there'll be many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If it's over the Phone, they are usually resetting the "starting price" for negotiations.
    I rarely talk money over the phone.......unless I'm selling/buying something that's well priced and there is a bit of travel involved. In either case I will always say that any price agreed over the phone is not a new asking price. It's the figure I will be getting (or paying).

But I'd say most guys looking for you to drop the price on the phone are never going to pay that figure, assuming they even turn up.

Mike Browne's stomp for sale.
    One careful owner!!! :pac:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/motor-bike/26855831

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There are some oddballs out there, like when I bought a DVD set for a fiver on adverts, when I got it one of the discs had fallen out and got scratched to feck. The seller refunded me but also wanted to enrol me into some sort of betting scheme, I declined, can't help but think the betting scheme / scam is the main motivaiton here not offloading DVDs for a fiver with the prospect of frequent refunds due to crappy shipping which ain't cheap either, can't be all that much profit there if any...

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Bargain if it's duty paid.....

What are you waiting for?

Iconic??
    That's a bit of a stretch.
    And €5k is an even bigger stretch.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/iconic-bike-cbr-929-rr/26873230

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What are you waiting for?

Room.......:p

Room.......:p

I'll hold it for you until you've space.
    Although if I knew earlier I could have got u one for half that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

im thick, why did I put my bike up for sale just before christas and a lock down? tempted to take it down now for a month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Melted wrote: »
    im thick, why did I put my bike up for sale just before christas and a lock down? tempted to take it down now for a month or so

I put mine up a couple of weeks ago too. Its no harm to leave it up i reckon. Not desperate to sell. If it sells then I have more flexibility in buying an upgraded bike. If not then I will go the trade in route with a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

yea good idea, that was my original plan, I like you was looking for a new bike so might just end up trading her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Iconic??
    That's a bit of a stretch.
    And €5k is an even bigger stretch.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/iconic-bike-cbr-929-rr/26873230

Cant get over the fact they didnt rinse the suds before the snaps.

Advertisement