Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

blade1 wrote: »
    Iconic??
    That's a bit of a stretch.
    And €5k is an even bigger stretch.

Jesus, I'm a financial wizard, bought a 954 (more iconic???) for €3k in the summer!!! Might set up a (between the) hedges fund!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I don't know if this is the right place, but is it just me or is there zero value in second hand bikes right now. With UK closed off that is probably pushing the price up, but at the minute looking around the best option seems to be just buying new.

Looking at adventure bikes style bikes at the minute, and the gap between second hand and new only looks like a couple of grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

I don't know if this is the right place, but is it just me or is there zero value in second hand bikes right now. With UK closed off that is probably pushing the price up, but at the minute looking around the best option seems to be just buying new.

Looking at adventure bikes style bikes at the minute, and the gap between second hand and new only looks like a couple of grand.

Generally the Irish Market holds a pretty strong firm price, supply and demand.
    Close off the UK because of sheer hassle and you're left with N.I, again small market, or go to Europe.

Occasionally gems and good deals pop up but as a rule they are few and far between.

To touch on the price difference what year and milage are you comparing to new because that makes a vast difference
    2k difference for a 10 year old with 40,000km yea just go new
    2k difference on a 2 year old with 6,000km meh still go new if ya have it but not terrible . Remember bikes don't depreciate at the same rate as cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Close off the UK because of sheer hassle and you're left with N.I, again small market, or go to Europe.

Occasionally gems and good deals pop up but as a rule they are few and far between.

To touch on the price difference what year and milage are you comparing to new because that makes a vast difference
    2k difference on a 2 year old with 6,000km meh still go new if ya have it but not terrible . Remember bikes don't depreciate at the same rate as cars.

I think that's it. The bikes hold their value well. I think what I am seeing is the high mileage, less well looked after bikes are been priced at the same level as good bikes. Making it hard to see the good deals from the less good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I'm sure this is teaching your grandmother to suck eggs, but that FireBlade isn't the right one.

That's a CBR 929, it's the 954, Tadao Baba's last iteration in charge of the project, that is the desirable one.

In 929 form, it's only the special edition, the Erion 'Blade that fetches big money and they are very rare and widely faked.

Nearly six large for what looks like a bog basic 929 is not only optimistic, it is going into dreamer territory.

That sounds like some bloke who has been told by his missus to sell a bike and he has duly complied, and showed her the ad. But I think he is relatively safe.

• Advertisement

Do these appeal to folk ?
    Certainly unique enough

Honda Fireblade CBR900RR 1998
    €1,750

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/hinda-fireblade-cbr900rr-1998/26922428

YjlhZjFhZDFjOWM2YzliYzk1MTk4ZWE2NjA1YTA4NDVMkuIRNLImnmHXcnXuvFi1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjcxNzA3MDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Augeo wrote: »
    Do these appeal to folk ?
    Certainly unique enough

Honda Fireblade CBR900RR 1998
    €1,750

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/hinda-fireblade-cbr900rr-1998/26922428

YjlhZjFhZDFjOWM2YzliYzk1MTk4ZWE2NjA1YTA4NDVMkuIRNLImnmHXcnXuvFi1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjcxNzA3MDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Not sure if you joking or serious?

Completely serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I think its horrible myself, I don't have any love for 'fighters, and less for ones that have what appears to be vomit splatters on them, but beauty in the eye of the beholder....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I think its horrible myself, I don't have any love for 'fighters, and less for ones that have what appears to be vomit splatters on them, but beauty in the eye of the beholder....

Summed up pretty well here.

• Advertisement

I thought it was rank enough looking but at the price it looked not too bad. Just posted it for the sake of it really.

Dealers inflate the price of 2nd hand bikes. Buy private if you want a deal on a 2nd hand bike. Had my current bike 2 years now and paid 1k under the average asking price for a used one from a dealer 2 years on, mine was fully kitted out by the prev owner and a base model from a dealer is still more expensive. There are deals out there but you have to be quick and in my opinion, now is the time to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Must be a special kind of crack the owner is on

zubair wrote: »
    Dealers inflate the price of 2nd hand bikes. Buy private if you want a deal on a 2nd hand bike. Had my current bike 2 years now and paid 1k under the average asking price for a used one from a dealer 2 years on, mine was fully kitted out by the prev owner and a base model from a dealer is still more expensive. There are deals out there but you have to be quick and in my opinion, now is the time to buy.

Dealers inflate prices on anything I was referring to the market as a whole not private vs dealer.
    I bought my bike private for a steal, dealers were looking upto 3.5x for the same bike.

With regards anyone liking that monstrosity, in my mind a street fighter from that era was more than likely on its side at some stage hence the lack of fairings.

As far as bad being the same price as good, its Ireland lads always over value their vechicles, but a lot see pristine examples at €x and decide theirs is worth the same because its essentially the same bike and sure its theirs so its great haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Waillee123

4 gixxers for €4k.
    How will anyone resist such a bargain? :rolleyes:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/4-suzuki-gsxrs/26821201

The Nazi symbols on the 7th photo are worrying:(

Maybe the seller is Hindu or Buddhist and there for good luck?! :pac:

Waillee123 wrote: »
    The Nazi symbols on the 7th photo are worrying:(..........

NzAzZmUyYjc5YzA0MGQ3YWVhMjA2ZjFlYWUyZjMxYTW7xFlxAfyzmM7orgdqkREAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjU3NzE2OTJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Yeah, you'd think they'd obliterate them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Augeo wrote: »
    NzAzZmUyYjc5YzA0MGQ3YWVhMjA2ZjFlYWUyZjMxYTW7xFlxAfyzmM7orgdqkREAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjU3NzE2OTJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Yeah, you'd think they'd obliterate them

I used to have that stereo when I was about 14, looks like a real den of garbage :pac:

Dealers inflate prices on anything I was referring to the market as a whole not private vs dealer.
    I bought my bike private for a steal, dealers were looking upto 3.5x for the same bike.

With regards anyone liking that monstrosity, in my mind a street fighter from that era was more than likely on its side at some stage hence the lack of fairings.

As far as bad being the same price as good, its Ireland lads always over value their vechicles, but a lot see pristine examples at €x and decide theirs is worth the same because its essentially the same bike and sure its theirs so its great haha.

Yep, summed up pretty well.

• Advertisement

For €200, might as well. I'd say in person this looks very rough!

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/mini-moto-bike/26956126

It's an R6 back end and R1 chassis, presenting the R16!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Waillee123 wrote: »
    For €200, might as well. I'd say in person this looks very rough!

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/mini-moto-bike/26956126

It's an R6 back end and R1 chassis, presenting the R16!

Unless that's a Polini in there it's not worth €50

bladespin wrote: »
    Unless that's a Polini in there it's not worth €50

For an R16!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Appears sold now. Wonder would a crf250 mill fit:D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

is it comon to get these constant messages asking for half price because in the buyers opinion it needs extra fairings (sv650s half fairing model) and they want to add x & y modifications as well as a restrictor? im mean fml look for a cheaper bike and budget ffs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Melted wrote: »
    is it comon to get these constant messages asking for half price because in the buyers opinion it needs extra fairings (sv650s half fairing model) and they want to add x & y modifications as well as a restrictor? im mean fml look for a cheaper bike and budget ffs :confused:

Oh yah! It's common to get all ****ing sorts when buying and selling bikes. I sometimes wonder are we the Irish gifted in some fashion at turning what should be a simple transaction into a painful one.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

H_Lime wrote: »
    Oh yah! It's common to get all ****ing sorts when buying and selling bikes. I sometimes wonder are we the Irish gifted in some fashion at turning what should be a simple transaction into a painful one.

Perhaps this is the reason why 2nd hand bikes in ireland are asking for more because everyone is dertermined to get a deal or half price?

One of my personal favourite phrases is "thats a you problem, not a me problem"

You want to add fairings cool.... buy one with fairings and leave me alone.
    Add a restrictor/anything else see above.

Negotiating is par for the course but that's stupidity at its finest, either find one with everything you want (undoubtedly more expensive) buy one and do it over time or save and up your budget.

Perhaps this is the reason why 2nd hand bikes in ireland are asking for more because everyone is dertermined to get a deal or half price?

Supply and demand, the reason why you can pick bikes up in America for far less than here comparably, same for England. Larger market, more bikes available, generally lower price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

People have to learn that you have to be a good buyer as well as a good seller.
    Things that annoy sellers:

1. People making an appointment but not keeping it, and then being uncontactable by phone, if you can't make it then ring and explain the situation!

2. People giving lowball offers over the phone sight unseen.
    If you are serious then came and see the bike then make a reasonable offer.
    If you call me and haggle on the phone, I will say goodbye and hang up then block you.

3. Not wanting to have the reg documents signed over in their name and just wanting you to give them the logbook.

I don't need hassle in my life from speeding/parking tickets or worse coming my way, I bring a stamped addressed envelope and once signed I will post it in front of you if needed.

Those are the main ones I can think of but I am sure there are more that grind peoples gears.

Advertisement