Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I had a laugh at this one, advertised as a Café Racer but looks like a mongrel of a scrambler and a chopper with all the hipster clichés ticked.
    Brown seat , wrapped pipes and brown saddlebags and an old milkcrate to try and keep the dirt off your back.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2006-suzuki-gn125-cafe-racer/27177840

massive dent in the tank too

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

I had a laugh at this one, advertised as a Café Racer but looks like a mongrel of a scrambler and a chopper with all the hipster clichés ticked.
    Brown seat , wrapped pipes and brown saddlebags and an old milkcrate to try and keep the dirt off your back.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2006-suzuki-gn125-cafe-racer/27177840

That's as much a café racer as I am.
    I love the look of wrapped pipes on old school choppers but god the rot is not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Mjolnir wrote: »
    That's as much a café racer as I am.
    I love the look of wrapped pipes on old school choppers but god the rot is not worth it.

They destroy pipes in short order.
    https://www.centuryperformance.com/exhaust-header-heat-wraps-do-not-use.html

Looks great on certain bikes, but you'd have a pain in your hole replacing either a full set of pipes or sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭enrique66_35

blade1 wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Oh and it's one of kind :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/gsxr-srad-750/27272453

For a minute I thought D3V!L was shifting on the SRAD in record time :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Lucky i dont do NASCAR then............;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,126 ✭✭✭✭blade1

For a minute I thought D3V!L was shifting on the SRAD in record time :eek:

That would be well off his personal best :D

Akrapobic exhaust?
    It might be 'cause it's definitely not an Akrapovic.

http://www.adverts.ie/23056187

Akrapobic exhaust?

Chinese stickers and illiteracy go hand in hand in the used vechicle market hahah

Chinese stickers and illiteracy go hand in hand in the used vechicle market hahah

I wonder does he know it's a bean can from China?

• Advertisement

I wonder does he know it's a bean can from China?

Surely he'd have to?
    You can tell the difference just by looking at them , the real deal look quality, the Chinese ones look cheap.

Surely he'd have to?
    You can tell the difference just by looking at them , the real deal look quality, the Chinese ones look cheap.

You'd be surprised.
    But yeah horrible looking thing.

You'd be surprised.
    But yeah horrible looking thing.

Fair point actually plenty will say its real selling it, poor gobsh!te looking hasn't a clue and sells it saying the same.

I've seen lads stick it up on fb the new Chinese "replica" few months later selling it claiming its legit, I do wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Akrapobic exhaust?

Forget the exhaust the actual pictures of the bike are ****e. More driveway than bike :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

listermint wrote: »
    Forget the exhaust the actual pictures of the bike are ****e. More driveway than bike :P

Thought it was a guess the bike game initially

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

That would be well off his personal best :D

I had to go looking for a cached copy of that page. It was for the 750 machine. My wife's one is the 600.

Also, how very dare you ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    As some guy said (can't remember if it was on here), they seem to prefer collecting bikes rather than selling them.......

Although most of the bikes they have are very clean, they are always way over priced. I suppose they must have a few fans, otherwise they would be long gone.

Ho hum, dunno about that.

Some of their stock has been there A Very Long Time........and is beginning to look it.

And they definately like to collect: but as to why they need 6/7/8/9/10 copies of any one model, I'm not sure why. They've moved a lot of the collecting stuff upstairs and won't sell anything from it. And the quality of building they're in isn't doing them any favours - some are rusting on things like forks, brakes, I'm sure tanks etc won't be far behind.

Pity really, there's one or two we tried to buy last year but just go a firm 'No' to anything we picked out.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 33,996 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Buy Lots Of Motorcycles

?????

Profit!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Buy Lots Of Motorcycles

?????

Profit!

Thats an amazing business plan ! I'm off to put it to my bank manager :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

D3V!L wrote: »
    Thats an amazing business plan ! I'm off to put it to my bank manager :D

Whats a bank.?....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I made the mistake of looking at ads on Facebook.

Between txtspk and semi literacy and missing such things as year, mileage and owners/service history I crung when I read "needs nothing" or "won't be faulted" 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I made the mistake of looking at ads on Facebook.

Between txtspk and semi literacy and missing such things as year, mileage and owners/service history I crung when I read "needs nothing" or "won't be faulted" ��

And the obligatory "12345" price. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Any worse way to devalue a bike than dressing it up as something it's not? I get people should do what they want with their own stuff but it must cost $$$ come selling time. And that's on top of the effort and expense of dressing it up. It's the bike equivalent of lads sticking spoilers, bodykits and M badges on 1.9l diesel BMW cars.

Even so, this bike looks well but there's just no way I'd go near something that's pretending to be something else.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/triumph-street-triple-675-r/27416492

Must be shortage of clean bikes at the moment.
    My neighbour with the fancy shed has rang up about 4 bikes in the last 2 days and they were all sold within minutes.
    And they weren't even going cheap.
    One lad told him he sold his one for 500 more than he advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭listermint

dmigsy wrote: »
    Any worse way to devalue a bike than dressing it up as something it's not? I get people should do what they want with their own stuff but it must cost $$$ come selling time. And that's on top of the effort and expense of dressing it up. It's the bike equivalent of lads sticking spoilers, bodykits and M badges on 1.9l diesel BMW cars.

Even so, this bike looks well but there's just no way I'd go near something that's pretending to be something else.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/triumph-street-triple-675-r/27416492

It's just a few bits of red . Surely that's not a faux pas though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

dmigsy wrote: »

I'm with you, but I follow an Irish VAG page with some seriously expeny motors on it. Every other day lads post their great looking GTIs, badges and all, then in the comments I find out its a TDI, you really wouldn't know. They all tell them how great their car looks while I'm getting sick in my mouth at the thoughts of it. I guess this is to some peoples taste, I can't hack it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

listermint wrote: »
    It's just a few bits of red . Surely that's not a faux pas though...

Like I said, this looks fine. It's the fact that it's pretending to be an R when it's not just seems a bit sad and pointless. I defo wouldn't buy it for the similar money to a standard, original bike. In fact I wouldn't buy it full stop. I would 100% consider buying the stock bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alfaguy

I put my 2015 Ducati Monster 821 stripe up for sale in case anybody is interested. Got the new Monster 937 plus coming in July so gotta make some space in the garage.

Its on done deal and adverts.ie. It says I can't post a link as I am a "new user"

Well I am on here for years but deleted my old account because I wanted to make a fresh start.

8,200 euros ONO, 21,000km Mint bike, never dropped and always dealer serviced. I was the 2nd owner, Taxed to 10/21. Dublin reg. Original Irish bike - not an import.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭H_Lime

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/ducati-monster-821-stripe/27460137

Nice but I'm not Italian enough looking to own it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Alfaguy wrote: »
    I put my 2015 Ducati Monster 821 stripe up for sale in case anybody is interested. Got the new Monster 937 plus coming in July so gotta make some space in the garage.

Its on done deal and adverts.ie. It says I can't post a link as I am a "new user"

Well I am on here for years but deleted my old account because I wanted to make a fresh start.

8,200 euros ONO, 21,000km Mint bike, never dropped and always dealer serviced. I was the 2nd owner, Taxed to 10/21. Dublin reg. Original Irish bike - not an import.

You'll never sell that as it is, get some Chinese decals and an akrabovic exhaust then add 2k to the price, bosh!

Best of luck with the sale.

Advertisement