Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Why do they bother doing this? Looking at a monkey in Bikeworld :
    Honda Monkey

I know it says to be confirmed, but it also says it has arrived :mad:

If I was to take a pure guess, I'd say 3,500 -4000

I could be spot on, way under or slightly over, dunno

Its annoying is all
    :D
    MSRP is €4400
    I do like the Monkey 125, love its retro looks but I couldn't justify the extra over the similar MSX125.
    https://www.leehondacentre.com/motorcycles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

God I'd really love one of them:o
    Nice to see a good example that's been done right. They're commanding more money in the Uk but am unsure are they actually selling. Either way she's a survivor and they jet well on them devil cans but too loud for me. Fellas go mad for them mind you. Wish him luck with the sale but he may regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

H_Lime wrote: »
    God I'd really love one of them:o
    Nice to see a good example that's been done right. They're commanding more money in the Uk but am unsure are they actually selling. Either way she's a survivor and they jet well on them devil cans but too loud for me. Fellas go mad for them mind you. Wish him luck with the sale but he may regret it.

Dad was close to buying one a few years ago. Ended up with a DR650SE instead.
    He loves the bike, prefers it over his R1200GS

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ^

Man thats a cool looking bike. Good value since its got actual race pedigree. Gotta be worth that money right?

Shouldn't be for sale for too long.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115122716&postcount=377
    Tis up a while.
    I dunno will it sell at that money over here tbh. He's obvs spent tons but as we all know you don't get always get that back. Wish him luck tho as it will increase the value of my two:)
    Not that I'd sell em.

Tis up a while.
    I dunno will it sell at that money over here tbh. He's obvs spent tons but as we all know you don't get always get that back. Wish him luck tho as it will increase the value of my two:)
    Not that I'd sell em.

If someone wants it they'll buy it.
    Simple as that.
    I'll give you 6k for your one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Little tip if you're selling a bike..DONT say to the caller "..there's a lot of interest in the bike..."....even if there is, don't say it...it's the main reason I hang up...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Little tip if you're selling a bike..DONT say to the caller "..there's a lot of interest in the bike..."....even if there is, don't say it...it's the main reason I hang up...;)

Why would that cause you to hang up?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That's a bit weird tbh.

I had alot of interest in my last car two guys same day. First guy had to think about it but was keen . Second guy made offer straight away . First guy called me next day giving out as to why I didn't call him and let him make a counter offer.

Interest is interest. Who cares if you hand up. What nonsense is that.

• Advertisement

It stinks of bullsh!t most of the time....theres a lot of earkickers out there who just need to hear a male voice for 20 minutes....:D

BTW Lister...two guys is hardly " a lot of interest..."

It stinks of bullsh!t most of the time....theres a lot of earkickers out there who just need to hear a male voice for 20 minutes....:D

Im going to open a payperview channel for these lads and for all a ya on here. Think babe station but with lads fully dressed holding spanners next to their bike talking about its mintness and price. This time next Yr I'll be a millionaire.

Two guys calling the night before and coming the next day. The car ad was up less than 4 days.

Id call it alot of interest. But sure i know what im talking about though. So there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I'd agree with Max, it just feels like you're being shoved into a bidding war before you've even made an offer or seen the bike/ car. Now I would be open about it and say someone has come to see it already or someone has made an offer of X already but come and see it if you're still interested. But "there's a lot of interest" is not a good way to say it.

You sure do Lister! If we were lost and you said you knew the way I'd follow ya begorra.

You sure do Lister! If we were lost and you said you knew the way I'd follow ya begorra.

Id tie you to the nearest tree. Keep you put. :cool::D

listermint wrote: »
    Two guys calling the night before and coming the next day. The car ad was up less than 4 days.

Id call it alot of interest. But sure i know what im talking about though. So there's that.

The last bike I sold was my Tiger.
    Had to tell fellas not to call.
    Had 7 guys within minutes all wanting to call from various parts of the country.
    What can you do in that situation?
    Didn't want fellas traveling for nothing.

Told the the first fella the price is the price take it or leave it as it a fair price.
    He came and when he saw the bike he was delighted with it and happy to pay the asking price.

When he was leaving I gave him back 100 as a goodwill gesture.

I don't bother haggling with fellas.

Speaking of interest, if you want to see people go crazy for something, stick a ladder up for sale.
    Had around 100 people onto me for one I sold during the summer.

The last bike I sold was my Tiger.

When he was leaving I gave him back 100 as a goodwill gesture.

Good karma isn't cheap.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ^

Man thats a cool looking bike. Good value since its got actual race pedigree. Gotta be worth that money right?
    Tis up a while.
    Not that I'd sell em.

Looks like it's sold
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagebikes-for-sale/sold-deposit-taken-suzuki-dr800s-big-sr42/26343150

I've sold plenty of bikes without having to say "those words"...If a guy sounds interested tell him to come view it..if theres someone coming at xxx to view it, tell him this.. if he wants to come look make arrangements ....its the polite way to do things...
    "A lot of interest" just makes him sound desperate or dissapointed....
    Unless you ask him and he says this....truthfully...

• Advertisement

I hope he gets every cent of his asking price!!! Just a shame I can't part with my two:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Anyone ever buy new from a dealer? I'd there haggle room on the list price? Or is negotiating upgrades like spot lights a better chance with a discount?

Anyone ever buy new from a dealer? I'd there haggle room on the list price? Or is negotiating upgrades like spot lights a better chance with a discount?

Ask D3VIL, he buys a new bike every 3 or 4 weeks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Of course there's wriggle room. Decide what extras you really want and want and include them in your negotiations. The dealer might have more scope for movement in one extra or another so give them the option to get the price down for you.

Ask them for their best price for everything. Then ask if they can do a bit better than that. Don't ask, don't get. Then talk to as many other dealers as you can for the same deal. There was price difference range of ~800 between different dealers for the same new bike with the same extras when I was talking to different dealers earlier this year.

Extras I wanted were alarm & first, second service thrown-in. Probably should have gotten a screen, heated grips, tank bag and leathers at the same time so if you think you'll be getting a few bits, throw them all into the negotiation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/yamaha-mt125-201d/26232064

I'm hoping to get a 125 in the new year, going through the relevant hoops at the moment to get my first bike licence. I'm curious as to what folks think of the above, it seems weirdly good value as MT125s are around 5.5k new. CBFs, YS125s etc seem to hold their value pretty well and the MT125 is better spec'd. What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,934 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If a guy sounds interested tell him to come view it..if theres someone coming at xxx to view it, tell him this..

Get them to all come around at the same time, then they can haggle with each other :cool:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Custom paint jobs appeal to a very small few. You might get lucky that somebody also shares your taste. But add in the words street fighter and you're chopping your potential pool of buyers at the neck. Money spent on tarting up bikes is rarely recovered.
    He has the full house of Donedeal cliches !

• Advertisement

Maybe if it didn't scream Cat D, actually had it's fairings and didn't have an Italian oil paint scheme on a jap bike. This has to be #1 dreamer of the year.

Advertisement