Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Poorly written ads with txtspk, poor spelling and grammar are a real downer for me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

I will forgive all if I get a documented (in any manner) service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

... and those adds wrote by 12 angry men. I have lost interest in Done Deal of late because of them.

Dan.

... and those adds wrote by 12 angry men. I have lost interest in Done Deal of late because of them.

Whatcha mean Nigel, is it the "no fookin test rides, no haggling just show up and give me the money" sorts:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Another angry lad:

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2012-triumph-tiger-800-low-mileage-bargain-/26073463

"CALLS ONLY. THAT MEANS NO TEXTS!
    Time wasters will be verbally abused! (You have been warned!)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

GBX wrote: »
    Another angry lad:

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2012-triumph-tiger-800-low-mileage-bargain-/26073463

should call him up and ask would he sell the chain and sprocket seperatly

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

I've always found not showing my phone number and only allowing DoneDeal messages is enough of an inconvenience to dissuade people who have no intention of making reasonable offers or buying in general.

That and pricing things like an adult.

It probably reduces the pool of potential buyers but you only need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

H_Lime wrote: »
    I will forgive all if I get a documented (in any manner) service history.

I'd buy a bike off you without any documentation! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Another angry lad:

It would be a big help if he wiped the butter off the camera lens before taking the pics.
    At least then you could properly inspect the pics.

blade1 wrote: »
    I'd buy a bike off you without any documentation! :)
    I have all the receipts from my works undertaken but no service history per se. Better than nothing I suppose. Us Irish are pretty poor at s/h or receipts
    My caponord I bought off a copper in portlaoise was the exception, tons of paper work!

• Advertisement

I have all the receipts from my works undertaken but no service history per se. Better than nothing I suppose. Us Irish are pretty poor at s/h or receipts
    My caponord I bought off a copper in portlaoise was the exception, tons of paper work!

I'm usually more concerned with the owner than paperwork.
    Although it is a bonus and I do keep as much as I think of.

I'm usually more concerned with the owner than paperwork.
    Although it is a bonus and I do keep as much as I think of.

True.
    Back when I was hunting down a clean blade I saw one in Tipp with a literal break in the bracing on the swinger. Yer man had swore blind the bike was mint. He was angry when I saw that and just turned and started walking. Told me I was a timewaster and sure was I going to ride hard enough to need that bracing! Ahhhhhh gas stuff. No timewaster, just givis de bleedin money like!

True.
    Back when I was hunting down a clean blade I saw one in Tipp with a literal break in the bracing on the swinger. Yer man had swore blind the bike was mint. He was angry when I saw that and just turned and started walking. Told me I was a timewaster and sure was I going to ride hard enough to need that bracing! Ahhhhhh gas stuff. No timewaster, just givis de bleedin money like!

Yip,on the flip side,if someone is selling something good that they've put time/money/effort into, you usually can't stop them talking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

goblin59 wrote: »
    should call him up and ask would he sell the chain and sprocket seperatly

Ask him does a bike come attached to the ridiculous exhaust

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Goose81 wrote: »
    Ask him does a bike come attached to the ridiculous exhaust

Even I had to do a double take on that one. Still, if that's all there is to do on it, looks like a nice bike.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Just looking at bikes on donedeal there.Asking prices seem way OTT.
    Some private sellers looking for more than dealers with similar spec.

Maybe it's just me I dunno..?

Sold my last bike 6 years ago.
    Same year/make/model are now looking for more than I sold it for back in 2014.Got a fair price for it too.

Might head up north to buy again.

stratowide wrote: »
    Just looking at bikes on donedeal there.Asking prices seem way OTT.
    Some private sellers looking for more than dealers with similar spec.

Maybe it's just me I dunno..?

Sold my last bike 6 years ago.
    Same year/make/model are now looking for more than I sold it for back in 2014.Got a fair price for it too.

Might head up north to buy again.

You can't really go by 6 years ago and now.
    Several reasons for this.
    Bikes were at their lowest in a long time back then.
    You could buy fireblades, blackbirds etc for 1500-1600 euro.
    You'll pay nearly double for the same bikes now.
    Also the prices of new bikes in the last few years has risen so I suppose this has an effect on secondhand ones as well.
    Prices at the moment seem to be fluctuating on a lot of stuff so prices are allover the place.
    You can still get a bargain but you need to be quick off the mark usually.

You can't really go by 6 years ago and now.
    Several reasons for this.
    Bikes were at their lowest in a long time back then.
    You could buy fireblades, blackbirds etc for 1500-1600 euro.
    You'll pay nearly double for the same bikes now.
    Also the prices of new bikes in the last few years has risen so I suppose this has an effect on secondhand ones as well.
    Prices at the moment seem to be fluctuating on a lot of stuff so prices are allover the place.
    You can still get a bargain but you need to be quick off the mark usually.

Yeah I'm in no real rush so I'll have the cash ready to buy if a good deal comes up.
    Just out of the game for a while now and sussing it out again.

Thanks for that chief.

Yeah I'm in no real rush so I'll have the cash ready to buy if a good deal comes up.

Thanks for that chief.
    There was 4 or 5 bikes over the summer that caught my eye and were cheap.
    I said I'd sleep on it about each one of them and they were all sold the next day.

Anything in mind that you'd like to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Thanks for that chief.

I did that for long enough and eventually just bit the bullet and paid what I considered to be a bit over the odds.

Selling that bike now so i've just gone with the average market price of what they're going for. In reality I know it's probably about 1k too much on it. Not overly fussed if it sells or stays as it's a perfect machine.

• Advertisement

There was 4 or 5 bikes over the summer that caught my eye and were cheap.
    I said I'd sleep on it about each one of them and they were all sold the next day.

Anything in mind that you'd like to get?

Yeah I've narrowed it down to a tiger 800 or a tracer 900.

Lovely xrx tiger on donedeal a while back for €1k below the normal asking price.
    It was taken down the next day.Sold immediately I'd say.Or maybe it was too good to be true.

Looking for something with all the extras too,so I'm a bit picky..:D

Yeah I've narrowed it down to a tiger 800 or a tracer 900.

Lovely xrx tiger on donedeal a while back for €1k below the normal asking price.
    It was taken down the next day.Sold immediately I'd say.Or maybe it was too good to be true.

Looking for something with all the extras too,so I'm a bit picky..:D

Still on the lookout myself for a Tiger 800. There's a few overpriced gen 1 models on Donedeal. Think the value is in the UK. Even taking VRT and transport costs factored in. Check out Autotrader. Will likely be more on the market with lads changing up to the new 900 model.

Turbo Busa!
    Want to perform your punishment passes without looking like a complete gowl?
    Then this is a must have! :pac:

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/turbo-hayabusa-540bhp/26327385

I love the etc etc:pac:
    500 horse on standard wheelbase and front calipers, that's a scary machine:eek:
    Wonder can you insure it?
    Just what I need for nipping into town for a bag o chips.

I love the etc etc:pac:
    500 horse on standard wheelbase and front calipers, that's a scary machine:eek:
    Wonder can you insure it?

My main concern would be is the claimed 240mph on the clock or real life.
    Like my chips piping hot when I get home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Fast Food :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Still on the lookout myself for a Tiger 800. There's a few overpriced gen 1 models on Donedeal. Think the value is in the UK. Even taking VRT and transport costs factored in. Check out Autotrader. Will likely be more on the market with lads changing up to the new 900 model.

Gumtree.com is a good place to look also imho. Lots and lots of bikes on there.

Gumtree.com is a good place to look also imho. Lots and lots of bikes on there.

Thanks Henry - In the process of bringing one in from the UK. 2019 800 Xrt. Should have it here in a few days once paperwork and payment are cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

540bhp my arse, no way the stock gearbox would take that surely.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

Cracked mirror which is reflected in price.
    Somehow I don't think it is.
    Bike is €1750.
    What would it be if mirror wasn't cracked.... €1760??? :pac:

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-zoomer/26345043

Advertisement