Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At least he speaks the truth

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Being offended seems to be the in thing at the minute, plenty of SJW videos on Youtube and the likes but thankfully we don't see those type of creatures much in our day to day lives.

But they are out there and they tend to pollute the airwaves quite frequently, I remember on Sky news a couple of years ago a SJW came on and accused the air conditioning in her office of sexism.

So there you go, even an air condition system is capable of sexism in the eyes of a SJW, what a contribution to humanity!

I know I've heard worse, I know one who works with teen-agers and youths and she's doing drug prevention programs etc

Then she's no problems with her teen-agers smoking dubes and spliffs out the back of the house.

Their teeth rotting out of their head's from speed and other narcotics.

Her attitude is Ohh it's their choice I'm not going to stop them, you see that's giving the mother control over the kids, let them ruin their lives and under her watch then she's their saviour, and they'll come running to mummy for help...
    So SJW mum is the enabler and saviour.

Same with alcoholic father's drinking at home beating the wife in front of the kid's and undermining her, what hope have they ?

Another SJW I know is the ultimate spiritual narcissistic, healing people with harmless powder and placebo's and charging people for Life coaching and using buzz words and new age waffle they read from a script.

Cool. Why don't you PM me the text of a response you'd be happy to see from me and I'll consider posting it.

Until then, I'll go ahead expressing my opinion on posts on a discussion forum as you are doing.

I would also mention that your style of not wanting to engage with people who disagree with you is so very right wing.

Maybe we're getting our wires crossed, I don't know you therefore none of my post's would be directed towards you.
    As I'm sure you're probably a really nice person, I am not getting personal with anyone on the thread.

It's a certain tribe in society I'm debating about, not your good self or others in the thread.

So I'm making it clear,I'm not being personal with you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

You also have people who believe their religion is strong enough to shield them from Covid-19 saying that they are covered in the blood of jesus which will protect them'. (I've a link)

There are wingnuts on the extremes of both sides, they are the exception, not the rule.

What bothers me generally about the left/right debate is that, in very simplistic terms, one side is advocating for the benefit of all in society, the other, that business and continuing class division should take priority.

I agree that there's nut bags on all sides and there always have been and to me all religion is ridiculous but people are welcome to it so long as their beliefs are not harming others.

I certainly don't believe one side (presumably you mean left wing activists) is advocating for the benefit of all society though. They occasionally do a decent job of coming across that way alright but self interest always comes into it at some point.

Personally I believe equality of opportunity for all people is good, but after that it's up to the individual to make the most of what comes their way.

I agree that there's nut bags on all sides and there always have been and to me all religion is ridiculous but people are welcome to it so long as their beliefs are not harming others.

I certainly don't believe one side (presumably you mean left wing activists) is advocating for the benefit of all society though. They occasionally do a decent job of coming across that way alright but self interest always comes into it at some point.

Personally I believe equality of opportunity for all people is good, but after that it's up to the individual to make the most of what comes their way.

I myself think that terminally ill, the disabled, people with mental health illnesses, the elderly and kid's are the most vulnerable in society.

After that responsibility is up to the person's themselves to make a life for themselves.

I've seen people who lived in the most deprived places in Cork, Limerick,Dublin, Shannon and Ennis educate themselves, or get out and get a job and add to society rather than take from it.

There's no excuses.

nthclare wrote: »
    I know I've heard worse, I know one who works with teen-agers and youths and she's doing drug prevention programs etc

Then she's no problems with her teen-agers smoking dubes and spliffs out the back of the house.

Their teeth rotting out of their head's from speed and other narcotics.

Her attitude is Ohh it's their choice I'm not going to stop them, you see that's giving the mother control over the kids, let them ruin their lives and under her watch then she's their saviour, and they'll come running to mummy for help...
    So SJW mum is the enabler and saviour.

Sounds very much like someone who doesn't practise what she preaches.

I have no strong feelings one way or another on weed, I smoked a small bit when I was a teenager myself but I never saw the attraction. I didn't like sitting in playimg FIFA, so it wasn't for me and if I had children I wouldn't too pleased about my children smoking it, not great for the motivation.
    Same with alcoholic father's drinking at home beating the wife in front of the kid's and undermining her, what hope have they ?

Those sort of situations are atrocious, completely indefensible.
    Another SJW I know is the ultimate spiritual narcissistic, healing people with harmless powder and placebo's and charging people for Life coaching and using buzz words and new age waffle they read from a script.

Haha, sounds more like a witch doctor than a SJW

• Advertisement

I myself think that terminally ill, the disabled, people with mental health illnesses, the elderly and kid's are the most vulnerable in society.

After that responsibility is up to the person's themselves to make a life for themselves.

I've seen people who lived in the most deprived places in Cork, Limerick,Dublin, Shannon and Ennis educate themselves, or get out and get a job and add to society rather than take from it.

There's no excuses.

Naturally we should look after our sick, elderly, disabled and children, and I think by and large we do a good job of that in Ireland, not always perfect of course but pretty good.

But yes there are jobs out there for people who are willing and able to work and you're right there are no excuses.

Excuses keep people down and it's sad to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Slanty wrote: »
    We can all sit here and give out about him but at least he has the balls to come out and call it what it is.

Trump says what everyone is thinking. Maybe not in the most political way or best worded. However he has a point.

China should pay for this but the only person who is willing accept this is him.

All you have to do is listen to a Trump speech and every word out of his mouth is a blatant lie. He'll say sh*t like:

"We have tested more people than any other country" You haven't.

"We are more successful at defeating this invisible enemy than anyone" You aren't

"We have the smallest number of infections and deaths" You have the largest, you fool.

And a reporter will say to him "Mr President, the US has the highest Covid-19 death toll"

and he'll scowl at her and say "You're a really bad person. Terrible person. Fake news. Next question."

Naturally we should look after our sick, elderly, disabled and children, and I think by and large we do a good job of that in Ireland, not always perfect of course but pretty good.

But yes there are jobs out there for people who are willing and able to work and you're right there are no excuses.

Excuses keep people down and it's sad to see.

I think there's a lot of talent in the suburbs, young lads and girl's with fck all to do.

Very clever youths, sharp, creative and innovative.

I knew some great lads years ago and they were great problem solvers and great workers but their attitudes we're misunderstood, so they'd loose favour with sensitive management, and the brown nosers got ahead.

Instead of them being heard listened to and diplomatically able to come to terms with management they were kicked to the kirb and fired for being smart allexes..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭SeanW

He speaks the truth? Yet everyday CNN publishes a fact check tally! Most untruthful US president in history
    LOL ... CNN accusing people of lying :rolleyes: that's the best example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyone who doesn't think CNN has an agenda needs to wake up. BTW two things can be true at the same time. Trump can be an embarrassment and the media - especially CNN - can be fake news.

Advertisement