Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At least he speaks the truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

nthclare wrote: »
    Anything I have at home that's made in America before they shipped a lot of their factories to China, is top quantity.

The home of modern quality control, at least until the Japanese improved on them.
    If Trump could persuade the the factories to come back and bring back car manufacturers too and open up the steel industries etc

They have to erode workers' rights, health and safety regs, unions and wages before they can compete with countries with a lower standard of living. They're working on it, but you can't move too fast or the have-nots will go back to the old ways and drag their feudal lords onto the street and beat them to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Trump aside as somebody who has a lost an elderly family member to Covid I will never forgive the Chinese for what they unleashed. The disgusting sanitary practices of those in wet markets led to this.

They have brought the entire world to its knees.

My family will never forget this. It's been a horrible 3 weeks. No funeral, no nothing

SeanW wrote: »
    It was not just Western governments that were slow to react, this virus spread throughout the entire world. That's just the nature of pandemics - unless you perfectly seal off areas, a pandemic will go global eventually. But a little bit more warning from the CCP and the WHO might have helped other national governments figure out what was going on, but without perfect lockdowns starting in (maybe) December 2019, a global outbreak would have happened anyway.

In the history of pandemics, there has been no completely successful sealing off of a country. It's a lovely idea, but incredibly impractical.

Western governments had plenty of time before Italy blew up to react and put in place their own measures to limit the risk of the virus spreading. What did they do? They talked. That's it. And had they more time, they would have simply talked some more, because western politicians care more about losing votes than reacting before they feel the need to.
    Heck, even if the CCP wouldn't warn of the danger, the Taiwanese were screaming "this is REALLY BAD" in January. The first people not to listen? The WHO.

I was getting messages from Chinese, Japanese, Korean friends asking whether I was still in China, and if I was leaving towards the middle of January. The news was out there.

And I'd suggest that the first not to listen were the US, since Taiwan would have sent their notices to them first before going to the WHO as part of intelligence services. The WHO being second on this list.. although I would say that the US would have known about the virus before Taiwan did.
    Fair dues to you for that.

Sure, but the point remains. There was no checking or followup on travelers leaving China by the Irish government. None. I've checked with other Irish friends who left China after I did.. none of them received any attention by the government, nor did they notice any extra security in the airports, until after Italy got hit.

This focus on China as the guilty party is a complete cop out, seeking to cover up the ineptitude/negligence of western nations in how they reacted..
    Another good question, how did we lose the "industrial and economic base" to respond to crises like this?

We haven't had one since the WW2. Simple as that. WW2 essentially destroyed Europe's manufacturing power, and it was replaced by goods produced by the US.. Such a base is too expensive to maintain, since you need a manufacturing base, and the West has embraced services due to their high profit margins. It works with the higher costs associated with a first world labor force. A manufacturing base needs low cost workers, otherwise it can't compete within a global market (which is why Germany imported so many Turks but that caused other problems... whereas the US already has their Mexicans and those from S.America). Add to that, Europe has embraced welfare states which are incredibly expensive to maintain, and services remain the only way to provide enough of an income to allow them to exist. Even the US doesn't have a welfare system like Europe, because it has maintained an element of it's manufacturing base...
    They should have been objective. They knew that the virus posed extreme danger in January. They should have warned the world of the danger. They failed, and that's inexcusable.

They were corrupted by politics. I'd point fingers in the direction of the US since they tend to bully organisations that they provide funding to. Previous WHO administrations were decidedly pro-western, whereas this one went with China.

But I agree with you. They had a higher purpose and should have been above politics. Still, no organisation remains untouched by corruption, and political maneuvers. Over time, every organisation will fall.
    Ebola was named after the Ebola River in the Congo. We also have (among others):
    • The German measles.
    • Lyme disease (named after Lyme, Connecticut where it was first discovered)
    • MERS. Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome. (No prizes for guessing where that was first discovered)
    • West Nile Virus.

Yes, but they weren't named after individual nations. That has a completely different emphasis.
    They've already failed us. We in the West would be much better served beefing up the US CDC and the European Centre for Disease Control (ECDC), enhancing co-operating between the two and then sharing their research and data with the national health authorities of poorer countries.

We should start funding the WHO again when we can trust them.

We should be moving away from the US, and increasing the funding of the ECDC. The US is no more trustworthy than China, and far more unstable. Cooperation with other organisations, sure, but no financing or anything that allows obligations to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Trump is not a nice guy and sometimes says stupid things but he is usually right and I can see why so many Americans vote for him and why he will get another term. It is good when he calls out idiots, especially the partisan media who seem to care more for their ideology than what is best for their country, If you Trump says left they will say Right just to spite him, when you have a propaganda machine as strong as it is, it is easy to see why so many outside of the US dislike him. They are hearing from very partisan source where anything and everything done by the opposition is wrong, I am sure the likes of FOX news did something like this towards Obama when he was in power but not to the extent we see it today. It is surprising how easy it is to pull the wool over so many peoples eyes. Political Correctness is a weakness we in the west need to overcome because all it does is oppress people and encourage dishonesty. China needs to be called out but many have monetary interests there so do not want to rock the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Trump is not a nice guy and sometimes says stupid things but he is usually right and I can see why so many Americans vote for him and why he will get another term. It is good when he calls out idiots, especially the partisan media who seem to care more for their ideology than what is best for their country, If you Trump says left they will say Right just to spite him, when you have a propaganda machine as strong as it is, it is easy to see why so many outside of the US dislike him. They are hearing from very partisan source where anything and everything done by the opposition is wrong, I am sure the likes of FOX news did something like this towards Obama when he was in power but not to the extent we see it today. It is surprising how easy it is to pull the wool over so many peoples eyes. Political Correctness is a weakness we in the west need to overcome because all it does is oppress people and encourage dishonesty. China needs to be called out but many have monetary interests there so do not want to rock the boat.

Sometimes says stupid things? You've a president of the US sitting on his smartphone tweeting ****e like 'liberate Minnesota' etc etc. Could you imagine our taoiseach or president doing similar? Would you/could you respect the political head of your country acting like a dumb teenager on twitter!

EDIT: Any self respecting American should be mortified by him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Trump aside as somebody who has a lost an elderly family member to Covid I will never forgive the Chinese for what they unleashed. The disgusting sanitary practices of those in wet markets led to this.

They have brought the entire world to its knees.

My family will never forget this. It's been a horrible 3 weeks. No funeral, no nothing

Sorry to hear you've lost a family member DEFT, that's never easy under any circumstances but it's especially though at the minute with no wakes and small or no funerals.

I absolutely understand your anger, but I'd just say to try to honour and remember the person who's passed as best you can and let go of the resentment bit by bit because it will only makes things harder to deal with in the long run.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Try ALWAYS says stupid things, dangerous and racist things, selfish and non-statesman like things... I could go on. What on earth is he "usually" right about? I'm pretty sure (thanks to fact checkers) he's proven to be usually wrong. He doesn't call out reporters for their ideology, he calls them out for nailing his ar*e to the wall with hard questions that he doesn't like. He also doesn't like intelligent, women (especially non white) challenging him. Just look at the names he calls them and the tone he takes. He's challenged with questions that point out or hold him accountable for his failures or the stupid things he (or his family say). Kushner saying "our" stockpile, anyone? And Trump isn't exactly the authority for what is best for their country either. He's shown over and over again that he's in it for himself and his businesses and his family's/friends businesses, and for his rich cronies who support him and donate, and for whatever other deals he's made.

Complaining about political correctness is usually because some associate being PC with being unable to act and behave as they please.
    The idea of freedom of speech gives a person the right to say what they feel, but it also gives other people the right to point out if they're wrong or are being offensive. Freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom from criticism or consequences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Sometimes says stupid things? You've a president of the US sitting on his smartphone tweeting ****e like 'liberate Minnesota' etc etc. Could you imagine our taoiseach or president doing similar? Would you/could you respect the political head of your country acting like a dumb teenager on twitter!

EDIT: Any self respecting American should be mortified by him.

Well in fairness now, Leo made a few gaffes himself.
    Our own leader isn't exactly the most savvy at times.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Nate White from a year ago The original was deleted copy here
    Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
    * Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
    * You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shít. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

‘My God… what… have… I… created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Try ALWAYS says stupid things, dangerous and racist things, selfish and non-statesman like things... I could go on. What on earth is he "usually" right about? I'm pretty sure (thanks to fact checkers) he's proven to be usually wrong. He doesn't call out reporters for their ideology, he calls them out for nailing his ar*e to the wall with hard questions that he doesn't like. He also doesn't like intelligent, women (especially non white) challenging him. Just look at the names he calls them and the tone he takes. He's challenged with questions that point out or hold him accountable for his failures or the stupid things he (or his family say). Kushner saying "our" stockpile, anyone? And Trump isn't exactly the authority for what is best for their country either. He's shown over and over again that he's in it for himself and his businesses and his family's/friends businesses, and for his rich cronies who support him and donate, and for whatever other deals he's made.

Complaining about political correctness is usually because some associate being PC with being unable to act and behave as they please.
    The idea of freedom of speech gives a person the right to say what they feel, but it also gives other people the right to point out if they're wrong or are being offensive. Freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom from criticism or consequences.

So if he always says, amongst others you mention, racist things, name 10 racist things he's said. I'm just curious.

• Advertisement

JL555 wrote: »
    So if he always says, amongst others you mention, racist things, name 10 racist things he's said. I'm just curious.

Google it. I'm not going to do your work for you. It's easily discoverable for anyone who wants to see the racist things he has said and done for themselves.

Google it. I'm not going to do your work for you. It's easily discoverable for anyone who wants to see the racist things he has said and done for themselves.

Classic deflection.

Classic deflection.

Do your own work. I'm not wasting my time to educate someone who can easily do that for themselves. It's not deflection, I'm confident that if or when you put a wee bit of your own effort into it you will be able to answer your own question. I'm going for a walk with my family now, a much better use of my time. If you want to know, YOU look it up.

Do your own work. I'm not wasting my time to educate someone who can easily do that for themselves. It's not deflection, I'm confident that if or when you put a wee bit of your own effort into it you will be able to answer your own question. I'm going for a walk with my family now, a much better use of my time. If you want to know, YOU look it up.

Enjoy your walk. Have a think about my question to you while you're out. If you can't actually provide actual facts to back up your comment, it's ok to admit that, everybody has the right to be wrong. :)
    Remember, I posed the question to you, not google.

The power Trump has over people is absolutely phenomenal, even reading how much energy people put into validating their resentment towards him is monumental.

Imagine penting up that much energy and admitting that he wind's you up, a guy who has no impact on one's life, but still getting triggered by his word's.

He's not as stupid as people say he is and undermining his supporter's is very sad too, I'm not a big fan of his but I wouldn't undermine half a country because I don't like one person.

I get a good laugh out of the meme's going around about him, there's a funny one at the moment showing the three world war 2 leader's at the time and another one of the same leader's today and it's absolutely hilarious...

We're living in strange times, looks like world leaders still hold sway on people's emotions whether we find them funny or they make us angry...

Oh how I love satire and a good laugh.

I think I'll watch Monty Python today and have a laugh...

Keep on rocking in the free world....

Enjoy your walk. Have a think about my question to you while you're out. If you can't actually provide actual facts to back up your comment, it's ok to admit that, everybody has the right to be wrong. :)
    Remember, I posed the question to you, not google.

Thanks for that. I won't be thinking about you or your question though. ;) And you know what, I'd say most people can readily think of a few examples of it off the top of their head having lived in the real world and not under a rock. This is one of those really dense questions that 1. You already know to be true 2. Can easily google it yourself. Many others have spent much of their time compiling and writing and publishing content online about it. Go for it. Using google is not as scary as you seem to imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Well in fairness now, Leo made a few gaffes himself.
    Our own leader isn't exactly the most savvy at times.

Ah come on. If he was sitting up at 2am tweeting about Mary Loser and Little Micheal, I think you would have a fair Comparison. Leo looks like a classic statesman by comparison. I'm not a FG voter but I can see that Leo's a normal, dignified leader with a sense of duty.

Trump is just in it for the attention it brings. I guarantee that if the media stopped paying attention and people for bored of him, he's drop out of the re-election campaign.

Ah come on. If he was sitting up at 2am tweeting about Mary Loser and Little Micheal, I think you would have a fair Comparison. Leo looks like a classic statesman by comparison. I'm not a FG voter but I can see that Leo's a normal, dignified leader with a sense of duty.

Trump is just in it for the attention it brings. I guarantee that if the media stopped paying attention and people for bored of him, he's drop out of the re-election campaign.

That's why I am saying people give Trump too much power, by dicecting his every move.

I'm no fan of trump myself.
    I'm no fan of his hater's either.

A lot of people don't realise that negative attention or positive attention towards a narcissist is like pouring petrol on yourself and sparking up a cigarette...

Narcissistic people are impervious to criticism, they lack something in their ability to have empathy for others.

The people who hate trump are actually ignorant of how narcissistic people think and react and are borderline npds themselves.

Yes you're right Leo is a far better statesman and we're lucky he has a medical background because he knows how to respond to the present situation and he's putting principles before personalities and profit.

I like Leo, a bit of a rogue but I like him.

That's why I am saying people give Trump too much power, by dicecting his every move.

A lot of people don't realise that negative attention or positive attention towards a narcissist is like pouring petrol on yourself and sparking up a cigarette...

Narcissistic people are impervious to criticism, they lack something in their ability to have empathy for others.

The people who hate trump are actually ignorant of how narcissistic people think and react and are borderline npds themselves.

Yes you're right Leo is a far better statesman and we're lucky he has a medical background because he knows how to respond to the present situation and he's putting principles before personalities and profit.

I like Leo, a bit of a rogue but I like him.

How did you come to that conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

He speaks the truth? Yet everyday CNN publishes a fact check tally! Most untruthful US president in history

• Advertisement

He speaks the truth? Yet everyday CNN publishes a fact check tally! Most untruthful US president in history

Most untruthful US president since Bush.

Lying to get everyone to approve/pursue a war in Iraq is rather bigger than all of Trumps lies so far.

Personally, I suspect Trump lied most to the media.. whereas Bush and others would have lied more behind closed doors to get what they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This is nonsense.
    Trump, by virtue of his role, is one of the most influential people on the planet.
    His behavior is and will influence future strategies by politicians both in getting elected and while they are in power.

He has pushed back meaningful action on environmental issues by at least 5 years not to mention the damage he has done to other institutions, which the world needs such as the UN, NATO, WHO and journalism.

As I said previously, anyone willing to ignore that is doing so for a particular reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,433 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Slanty wrote: »
    We can all sit here and give out about him but at least he has the balls to come out and call it what it is.

Trump says what everyone is thinking. Maybe not in the most political way or best worded. However he has a point.

China should pay for this but the only person who is willing accept this is him.

I used to think like this calling it like it is etc. But the guy is a complete and utter bluffer.
    endacl wrote: »
    Trump talks bollocks. And then contradicts himself. Usually in the same speech. Often in the same breath.

Which is why I have realised that the post above is much closer to the truth. The blatant contradictions from Trump, mini twitter tantrums, and most of all lack of accountability from Trump are staggering for such a serious issue.
    It was not long ago he was saying that he did not need to get tested, there are only 15 deaths in the USA, he is doing a great job, tremendous job etc.

Now all he seems to do is to play with figures to try and make it sound like they are 'winning' in comparison to other countries.

Whatever about how the Chinese caused the issue at least they reacted and not in a clown-like manner. How can a person like Trump credibly ask for accountability from the Chinese. When he only uses it to deflect from his own failings. This is a guy who only recently cut health spending and medical research because it was money wasted.

The one thing I have noticed about Trump he NEVER admits he got something wrong or was wrong. Or any mistake. The strategy is always deflect, deny and blame others.
    If that does not work resort to childish dangerous tweets on twitter like 'liberate Minnesota'. The fella is an irresponsible gob****e.

The real scary part is how serious the crisis is and one of most important countries in the world have a man-child in charge. America with population of over 300 million will more than likely vote him in again. As all credible challengers cannot make it through the American system

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

How did you come to that conclusion.

It's not hard to see through the Social Justice warriors and perpetually offended...

They're a nasty bunch of people,some are lucky to leave the lifestyle of waking up every morning and trying to get offended and triggered.

You see I was once a social justice warrior and one of those sensitive people who loved the whole buzz of the protesting and the feeling of power.

When I went up the echelon's of the social justice ladder, I didn't realize I was actually going in a downward spiral of chaos and drawing attention to myself.

It's like an addiction, you start off with one or two then you slowly gain momentum, next thing you are an SJW.

They're vile and sick people, you'd think they're peaceful hippie's and caring.
    But believe you me they're the most narcissistic people I've ever hung out with.

They disrespect the law's of the land, their parenting is horrific, they drag their kid's along with them to protest's and fill the kid's head's with ****.
    Their kids are starving and hanging around weirdos and pot heads, starving with the hunger too...
    No packed lunches or drinks etc

I know what they're like....

And I'm glad I'm not in that frame of mind anymore.

It's not hard to see through the Social Justice warriors and perpetually offended...

They're a nasty bunch of people,some are lucky to leave the lifestyle of waking up every morning and trying to get offended and triggered.

You see I was once a social justice warrior and one of those sensitive people who loved the whole buzz of the protesting and the feeling of power.

When I went up the echelon's of the social justice ladder, I didn't realize I was actually going in a downward spiral of chaos and drawing attention to myself.

It's like an addiction, you start off with one or two then you slowly gain momentum, next thing you are an SJW.

But believe you me they're the most narcissistic people I've ever hung out with.

They disrespect the law's of the land, their parenting is horrific, they drag their kid's along with them.

Your individual behaviour is on you. Obviously, you spoke up for the wrong reasons, you weren't genuine, and that's on the kind of person you are and has absolutely no bearing on anyone else.
    You are showing yourself up there. Your whole argument is how you KNOW what anyone else's intentions were, how their parenting is horrific etc because that was you, and your frame of mind. So you try to drag others down in that place with you. I actually can't believe you posted that.

They disrespect the law's of the land, their parenting is horrific, they drag their kid's along with them to protest's and fill the kid's head's with ****.

You've enough buzzwords to fill 2 infowars bingo cards here.

You've enough buzzwords to fill 2 infowars bingo cards here.

You're just getting personal now and I think that's time for me to disengage from conversing with you.

Because I can see how you're manipulating my post's and response without responding to the subject matter.

That's how NPD'S operate but I'll give your response a like and hopefully others will follow suit...

I wasn't saying my parenting was like theirs, so you're wrong there for a start.

I observed their parenting and it's disgusting I'd never had brought my son along to those Raleigh's.

And I thought there was a cause until I seen their real agendas...

Bunch of crusty bitches and rag tags was all they were to be honest....

You're just getting personal now and I think that's time for me to disengage from conversing with you.

Because I can see how you're manipulating my post's and response without responding to the subject matter.

That's how NPD'S operate but I'll give your response a like and hopefully others will follow suit...

Cool. Why don't you PM me the text of a response you'd be happy to see from me and I'll consider posting it.

Until then, I'll go ahead expressing my opinion on posts on a discussion forum as you are doing.

I would also mention that your style of not wanting to engage with people who disagree with you is so very right wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Their kids are starving and hanging around weirdos and pot heads, starving with the hunger too...

Being offended seems to be the in thing at the minute, plenty of SJW videos on Youtube and the likes but thankfully we don't see those type of creatures much in our day to day lives.

But they are out there and they tend to pollute the airwaves quite frequently, I remember on Sky news a couple of years ago a SJW came on and accused the air conditioning in her office of sexism.

So there you go, even an air condition system is capable of sexism in the eyes of a SJW, what a contribution to humanity!

• Advertisement

Being offended seems to be the in thing at the minute, plenty of SJW videos on Youtube and the likes but thankfully we don't see those type of creatures much in our day to day lives.

But they are out there and they tend to pollute the airwaves quite frequently, I remember on Sky news a couple of years ago a SJW came on and accused the air conditioning in her office of sexism.

So there you go, even an air condition system is capable of sexism in the eyes of a SJW, what a contribution to humanity!

You also have people who believe their religion is strong enough to shield them from Covid-19 saying that they are covered in the blood of jesus which will protect them'. (I've a link)

There are wingnuts on the extremes of both sides, they are the exception, not the rule.

What bothers me generally about the left/right debate is that, in very simplistic terms, one side is advocating for the benefit of all in society, the other, that business and continuing class division should take priority.

Advertisement