Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At least he speaks the truth

Options
  • 18-04-2020 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

We can all sit here and give out about him but at least he has the balls to come out and call it what it is.

Trump says what everyone is thinking. Maybe not in the most political way or best worded. However he has a point.

China should pay for this but the only person who is willing accept this is him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Trump talks bollocks. And then contradicts himself. Usually in the same speech. Often in the same breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Just for the record he's not saying what I'm thinking!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

im thinking about marzipan...
    how it gave me everything
    and took my life away...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Trump talks crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Does he still snort Adderall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Trump is going to have a the deaths of tens-of-thousands of Americans recorded on his watch and the moron won't be able to get debt restructuring on those lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Slanty wrote: »
    Bit harsh.
    He is the conversation that you and your mates have. The one that you bounce idea back and forth but it’s him who comes out and says it.

He talks a load of ****e but when he speaks you believe him. He doesn’t sugar coat it. What you see is what you get.

I don't know what sort of sh*t you're smoking, but could you get me some? I could do with a pick-me-up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Trump is an absolute genius he has people loving him and hating him.

Personally he doesn't trigger me in the slightest as he's done nothing personal to me, apart from trying to close the surfer's entrance in Doughmore, that's about it.

Anyone who gets triggered by Trump has some serious mental and cognitive impairment.

People call him name's etc and call themselves liberals and as for the social justice warriors and the perpetually offended well they're about as confused as 7 gold fish in a cold spin in a washing machine.

I think there was a bunch of SJW wiccans who tried to put a spell on him only for it to back fire for feck sake , anyone who's playing with magic and trying to get a positive effect from a negative action is trying to blow out a camping lantern with a mouth full of petrol.

Irish people getting offended by Trump, for the love of Macha and her horse's and crow's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

I have a thread I posted in Current Affairs by mistake and OP posted this in After Hours by mistake so maybe they could be switched?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

nthclare wrote: »

Personally he doesn't trigger me in the slightest as he's done nothing personal to me, apart from trying to close the surfer's entrance in Doughmore, that's about it.

Anyone who gets triggered by Trump has some serious mental and cognitive impairment.

People call him name's etc and call themselves liberals and as for the social justice warriors and the perpetually offended well they're about as confused as 7 gold fish in a cold spin in a washing machine.

I think there was a bunch of SJW wiccans who tried to put a spell on him only for it to back fire for feck sake , anyone who's playing with magic and trying to get a positive effect from a negative action is trying to blow out a camping lantern with a mouth full of petrol.

Irish people getting offended by Trump, for the love of Macha and her horse's and crow's...

Irish people who constantly defend him are an awful dose too.

• Advertisement

Moghead wrote: »
    Irish people who constantly defend him are an awful dose too.

I know I do neither, I know all about his narcissism and gaslighting, walking contradictory lifestyle etc

But there's no point in getting offended for others or joining the trump witch burning sensationlism cult, or joining the doom Goblin Gretta's Cult, both two sides of the one coin in my book...

We can all sit here and give out about him but at least he has the balls to come out and call it what it is.

He hasn't got the foggiest inclination "what it is". Only interested in the blame game. Everybody's fault but his.

Bigger problems to face in Ireland than paying heed to a gargantuan clown across the pond.

He hasn't got the foggiest inclination "what it is". Only interested in the blame game. Everybody's fault but his.

Bigger problems to face in Ireland than paying heed to a gargantuan clown across the pond.

Absolutely :)

He's not our responsibility only his own

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

He says what he thinks his followers want to hear. Imo he thinks firstly about the economy as per his legacy only. It's a soap opera. We see more of the U.S. president on news feeds
    than we do our own E.U leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

nthclare wrote: »

At this point, anyone who doesn't get annoyed by Trump I believe is deliberately doing so for one of 3 reasons.
    They are playing their own game.
    They lack a sense of moral quality.
    They lack the intelligence to understand what is going on.

He is every bit as bad as some suggested he would be before he became President.
    He has demonstrably lied more than any US President in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Trump says what everyone is thinking. Maybe not in the most political way or best worded. However he has a point.

China should pay for this but the only person who is willing accept this is him.

He has to have some sort of record for lying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

When society can move so fast from country to country as quickly this kinda incident was bound to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

He seems as much influenced by trending news topics as we the masses are. If he has clever advisers behind he's not listening to them and instead displays incompetence. He's hired and fired so often and is so much an ego maniac he hasn't a clue how to manage a country.
    He's turned into a yes man in regards to the polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

If any other leader said this whole thing was the fault of China, there would be no quarrel

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Slanty wrote:

He's a fcuking idiot, as thick as ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    If any other leader said this whole thing was the fault of China, there would be no quarrel

Show me another leader who's tried to push the blame? This was coming for months and up until mid March he dismissed it. How is that China's fault? I know as a nation we don't like to give ourselves much credit, but compare the US to Ireland. By global standards we've done a really good job. They've been an unmitigated disaster with the UK not too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

I try and not let him annoy me any more.

Like many countries, the American people voted in a populist idiot and are facing the consequences now when they need proper leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Show me another leader who's tried to push the blame? This was coming for months and up until mid March he dismissed it. How is that China's fault? I know as a nation we don't like to give ourselves much credit, but compare the US to Ireland. By global standards we've done a really good job. They've been an unmitigated disaster with the UK not too far behind.

China is to blame, trump merely points this fact out, other nations are perhaps fearful of stating this fact

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

He's US president. He's not talking to his buddies in the pub and he certainly shouldn't act like he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

China is to blame, trump merely points this fact out, other nations are perhaps fearful of stating this fact
    The Aussies and the Brits are making noises too from politicians talking about suing China. Doubt it will happen though. As if China would pay up anyway if some court says they have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

I know/care very little about Donald Trump, before he became president he was just a name to me.

But I have to admit, he is quite entertaining, and the way he annoyed (and continues to annoy) all the lefty 'progressives' over there who went out to celebrate Clinton's elections as president was hilarious.

But entertainment aside, nobody foreseen the worst global pandemic in a 100 years and Trump is not the type of person you want at the helm in a crisis.

But he was democractically elected (even though the electoral college system is rudiculous), it was their choice abd they're stuck with him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I know/care very little about Donald Trump, before he became president he was just a name to me.

But I have to admit, he is quite entertaining, and the way he annoyed (and continues to annoy) all the lefty 'progressives' over there who went out to celebrate Clinton's elections as president was hilarious.

But entertainment aside, nobody foreseen the worst global pandemic in a 100 years and Trump is not the type of person you want at the helm in a crisis.

But he was democractically elected (even though the electoral college system is rudiculous), it was their choice abd they're stuck with him now.

hahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahah
    hahahahahaha

america, a democratic state!

hahahahahaha
    hahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    hahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahah
    hahahahahaha

america, a democratic state!

hahahahahaha
    hahahahahahaha

Always good to start the weekend with a laugh eh :-)

God forbid that western countries take responsibility for their own failures. :rolleyes:

Trump represents the idiots who want to rant and demand things that are never going to be successful. Eventually... when everything goes pear shaped, they'll find someone else to blame.

The US has the largest intelligence services in the world (CIA/NSA/etc) and we're to accept that China managed to keep a virus of this type from them, considering the way Chinese people use social media? Meh.

Trump is a temper tantrum child... just like his supporters... and the people so quick to level blame are equally as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

For a start there are a few things we should bear in mind....we Irish fawn all over Democratic Presidents in particular and their wives it has to be said....we turn up in the 100,000s to hear them tell us how great we are...so we are not exactly the most unbiased people....

The American Political system has been contaminated by corporate lobbyists over the last few decades...the Bush's and Clintons have been the most obvious beneficiaries of this huge industry...in 2016...it was looking like a Bush / Clinton battle again...you can understand why ordinary Americans turned to a political novice like Trump.

This obsession with him is some sight to behold, how the f##k anyone in Ireland thinks they are in a position to be navel gazing at thick yanks is a mystery to me....the man does not take a wage...we pay our President €250,000 a year to shake people's hand, and we pay his personal secretary whom is extremely close to a further €50,000 ..... we have just returned FF to power, arguably one of the most corrupted political parties in Europe over the last few decades it was them or SF the political wing of a terrorist organisation...we are riddled with dysfunction in health, education, infrastructure.....

There are a few things I have come to admire about him, he has incredible energy for a man his age, he has incredible disdain for the media industry, and he is right to...he also has some sense of humour....

He has had everything thrown at him, false rape accusations, impeachment, Russian collusion, fascism (this is the biggest joke of them all, Americans hate big government, they are the polar opposite of fascists)...racism, misogyny, homophobia....etc etc....

After that, I have no idea how competent or incompetent he is, I'd imagine he falls somewhere along the middle like the rest of the presidents....I'll leave that up to ordinary Americans to decide....

But to those people who believe that he has been a complete disaster for every month of his 3 and a half year presidency would want to take a serious look at themselves...you have been duped by a media industry that most people no longer are influenced by....

We don't like ordinary Americans or Brits for that matter it seems based on how they vote, because they don't do as they are told....we are incredible subservient to power....we can't understand people who aren't!!!

Advertisement