Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearance on Mens Seaweed based skincare

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

I must say i have (informed by boards) bought almost the full range .
    All of it i really liked and would deffinitely use again .

Truth is i went back for seconds just in case it was gone .
    now time to go for more !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

PopTarts wrote: »
    Has anyone used the shaving cream?
    davo2001 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not great, doesn't create a big lather.

The other stuff is pretty good though.

exact opposite for me, but I use a shaving brush - a pea sized amount of the shaving gel gets a full lather and it is excellent. Really smooth shave with it, I used to use soap in a dish from the handmade soap company, but the neuu is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

Heuston14 wrote: »
    Neúu Seaweed Skincare range being sold off as closing down.

Seven months later and the closing down sale is still going strong with increased advertising spend on social media.

They keep four of the eight products as "sold out" but they change them around every few weeks.

. In other news Regatta have a 70% off sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

robinbird wrote: »

Is there a code, can't see anything about it on there website

Seven months later and the closing down sale is still going strong with increased advertising spend on social media.

They keep four of the eight products as "sold out" but they change them around every few weeks.

thanks for the update - i had checked 2 weeks ago and everything was marked sold out....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It also seems more expensive than it was a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

This thread just reminded me i had 2 boxes of the stuff...hadnt touched!

Lockdown 1 ... what a wild time...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Bought almost the full range.
    Tried it twice, didn't like it, threw it in the bin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

BKWDR wrote: »
    This thread just reminded me i had 2 boxes of the stuff...hadnt touched!

Lockdown 1 ... what a wild time...

I'll buy it off ya

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

The face and body wash stuff was brilliant. I thought the shaving gear was ok too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

In other news Regatta have a 70% off sale.
    davo2001 wrote: »
    Is there a code, can't see anything about it on there website

This was meant ironically. Regatta are renowned for their permanent sale. Although the discount alternates between 30% off, 50% off and 70% off.
    Threads are started about it periodically in Bargains Alert by someone who sees it and does not realise that Regatta is cheap tat that has never ever been at the listed price before discount.

Similar enough to this crowd of chancers with their new age hippy backstory made up by a marketing intern.

A permanent closing down sale with makey uppy ridiculous original prices (e.g €42 for 50ml of moisturiser) which make the illusory discounts seem really impressive.

And the genius touch. Keep half the stock permanently sold out to give the impression that it is all nearly gone.
    And it gets even better. Have three products for sale but have a fourth product which contains the other three products but is much better value by comparison.

And of course a massive marketing budget for social media.

Although a bit of a disclaimer. The price you pay is reasonable if the quality is alright as it seems to be.
    Maybe a bit more that you would pay in Boots for similar products but not by much.

The scam is their marketing strategy .

This was meant ironically. Regatta are renowned for their permanent sale. Although the discount alternates between 30% off, 50% off and 70% off.
    Threads are started about it periodically in Bargains Alert by someone who sees it and does not realise that Regatta is cheap tat that has never ever been at the listed price before discount.

Similar enough to this crowd of chancers with their new age hippy backstory made up by a marketing intern.

A permanent closing down sale with makey uppy ridiculous original prices (e.g €42 for 50ml of moisturiser) which make the illusory discounts seem really impressive.

And the genius touch. Keep half the stock permanently sold out to give the impression that it is all nearly gone.
    And it gets even better. Have three products for sale but have a fourth product which contains the other three products but is much better value by comparison.

And of course a massive marketing budget for social media.

Although a bit of a disclaimer. The price you pay is reasonable if the quality is alright as it seems to be.
    Maybe a bit more that you would pay in Boots for similar products but not by much.

The scam is their marketing strategy .

giving them the benefit of the doubt, I don't think calling it a scam is fair - i only heard about them here, and haven't seen any marketing spam to my email address. I'm not on other social media so don't know if they're all over facebook or tiktok or whatever.

It's an excellent product(s) at reasonable pricing that is lasting far longer than other products I've used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

ablelocks wrote: »
    giving them the benefit of the doubt, I don't think calling it a scam is fair - i only heard about them here, and haven't seen any marketing spam to my email address. I'm not on other social media so don't know if they're all over facebook or tiktok or whatever.

It's an excellent product(s) at reasonable pricing that is lasting far longer than other products I've used.

Couldn't agree more.

Advertisement