Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearance on Mens Seaweed based skincare

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Strange, I only noticed the smell after other people here said it so I took a deep sniff of some of them in my hand, and even then it was feint. Maybe there's variation in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How could these guys have hoped to compete with others making similar products?

OK I know all the handmade angle, natural products etc, but take the 50ml pump moisturiser for example.

I have been using the L'Oreal Mens Expert ones for years now, and they are excellent. Plus they are often on special offers in Superdrug, Boots, Tesco etc, and you can pick one up for a fiver.

Even Aldi/Lidl ones are decent quality too, and they are cheaper still.

Anyone that was handing over e40 for a 50ml pot needed their heads examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Got mine, two sets of moisturizer and shower wash. Believe it or not folks, it does smell like seaweed. So for the poor amadans expecting floral scent of a honey bee on the wing, lower the oul expectations!
    Its nice, but it smells like seaweed. Bit like ronseal, does what it says on the tin.
    Thanks OP!

I live 30 metres from the coast, and this doesnt smell like any seaweed Ive ever smelled. Rotten seaweed maybe.

Voya make nice seaweed products. I had to wash this balm off my face before I vomited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Tandey

NIMAN wrote: »
    How could these guys have hoped to compete with others making similar products?

OK I know all the handmade angle, natural products etc, but take the 50ml pump moisturiser for example.

I have been using the L'Oreal Mens Expert ones for years now, and they are excellent. Plus they are often on special offers in Superdrug, Boots, Tesco etc, and you can pick one up for a fiver.

Even Aldi/Lidl ones are decent quality too, and they are cheaper still.

Anyone that was handing over e40 for a 50ml pot needed their heads examined.

On the other hand at least they shouldn’t need their face examined because this stuff is faaanastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I live 30 metres from the coast, and this doesnt smell like any seaweed Ive ever smelled. Rotten seaweed maybe.

Voya make nice seaweed products. I had to wash this balm off my face before I vomited.

So you live in the sea?

I smell a bluff in this post.

I bought 5 of the products and I'm very happy with them.

I have and do harvest seaweed myself for food, fertiliser, bathing in and also for treating injured animals.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

So you live in the sea?

I smell a bluff in this post.

I bought 5 of the products and I'm very happy with them.

I have and do harvest seaweed myself for food, fertiliser, bathing in and also for treating injured animals.

Good for you, Im glad you got your moneys worth.

It doesnt detract from my view that other producers have made much better products from the same raw material. I have on a few occasions bought seaweed products at the full RRP shown here and never had any issues. This balm made me gag and went straight in the bin. Facewash and scrub are ok, I wouldnt pay any more than the discounted price for them, and wouldnt buy them again at that. Personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It doesnt detract from my view that other producers have made much better products from the same raw material. I have on a few occasions bought seaweed products at the full RRP shown here and never had any issues. This balm made me gag and went straight in the bin. Facewash and scrub are ok, I wouldnt pay any more than the discounted price for them, and wouldnt buy them again at that. Personal preference.

Spoofer.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

Spoofer.

Give me a break. You are a discerning connoisseur of seaweed products. Before I saw this thread I was not aware of the existence of seaweed beauty products.
    Have been using face scrub and to be frank don't know whether its good or bad.

Unlike you though I do know that it is not meant to be eaten so it hasn't made me gag.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

I've used the face wash and scrub as well as after shave balm. Feels pretty great on my skin. Silky and not oily.
    My gf has used the scrub and face wash and likes it. We both agree the scent isnt overly floral but it's made from seaweed. Certainly doesnt make either of us gag. I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

youngblood wrote: »
    Now I know why the company was doing a clearance and going bust!

The products are horrific, overpriced and smell awful
    I got the balm and face scrub-I've used Seaweed based/extract moisturisers and washes for a long time and these products feel nothing like them- in using the face scrub, the fragrance is so unpleasant that it actually causes me to hold my breath until its thoroughly washed off

Can't believe NEUU lasted for so long, selling such below par products- Disappointed
    What expertise do you have or is this a personal opinion?

It comes across that you think you are an expert and know everything about male cosmetics.

1. Company has not gone bust. They have decided to close - obviously for commercial reasons, but unless they have been put in liquidation, they are not bust.

2. Cosmetics and scent are personal choices. Just because you dislike something, neither means it smells bad or are "below par"

But maybe you ARE an expert????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WengerOutIn

Darc19 wrote: »
    What expertise do you have or is this a personal opinion?

It comes across that you think you are an expert and know everything about male cosmetics.

1. Company has not gone bust. They have decided to close - obviously for commercial reasons, but unless they have been put in liquidation, they are not bust.

2. Cosmetics and scent are personal choices. Just because you dislike something, neither means it smells bad or are "below par"

But maybe you ARE an expert????

The expert in question lives in a lighthouse as they are 30 meters from the sea. The mere sight and smell of seaweed will make them gag, so please respect their expert levels of seaweed discernment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Anyone here get an email from their respective banks saying they believe your accounts details may have been accessed by a dodgy source.

I got the email at end of April and they sent out a new card today.

The only site I ordered something from on my account was Neuu Skincare

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ah don't say that :o

you'll give me sleepless nights

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Use PayPal.

QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Much card fraud is from use in electronic terminals such as atms and physical stores where information is skimmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Anyone here get an email from their respective banks saying they believe your accounts details may have been accessed by a dodgy source.

I got the email at end of April and they sent out a new card today.

The only site I ordered something from on my account was Neuu Skincare

I'd not take an email like that seriously from my bank, I'd be more concerned that email is a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My bank would never email me about anything like that. It's always a text. I doubt that email is from your bank.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Esse85 wrote: »
    I'd not take an email like that seriously from my bank, I'd be more concerned that email is a fake.

Agreed.

Check the email address that the email sent from and post here please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

as above, probably a phishing email.

Never ever click a link in an email unless you are 100% certain of its source and I've never known a bank to send an email about fraud. They'll always call you or text you.

Scam emails saying your card / account has been compromised are very prevalent. All they need to do is send 100,000 all with same bank details and logos and XX% will go to people who bank with that bank. Then all they need is a couple to click on the link and give sensitive details to scam you out of hundreds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

noreply@services.ulsterbank.com

That was the email

Anyway I got a new ulster bank card in the post yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

Two months later the closing down sale is still going strong and still being advertised. They must have a lot of stock to clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

robinbird wrote: »
    Two months later the closing down sale is still going strong and still being advertised. They must have a lot of stock to clear.

Everything is more expensive than it was. For example the travel gift set was €6 when everyone here bought. It's now €14.40 using the same code.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

I bought bulks of the face wash and scrub when the prices were the cheapest. Stuff is great quality and definitely seeing improvements in my skin. Was going to buy more last week but they seem to have put the prices up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Sale back on, JUNEGIVEAWAY is the discount code. I got €138 worth of stuff for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Almost everything seems to be sold out.

Almost everything seems to be sold out.

Yeah I see that. The face scrub is quite good and it's in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ShedTower

CWF wrote: »
    Sale back on, JUNEGIVEAWAY is the discount code. I got €138 worth of stuff for €25

Many will disagree!

ShedTower wrote: »
    Many will disagree!

Haha fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Has anyone used the shaving cream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

PopTarts wrote: »
    Has anyone used the shaving cream?

Yeah, it's not great, doesn't create a big lather.

The other stuff is pretty good though.

Advertisement