Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Releases 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Maybe. Her Twitch stuff is big apparently. Still 2nd point stands

Its hard to know exactly what happened here yet, but Twitch is a big earner for Wrestlers and she probably makes more without breaking a sweat using Twitch than not using it under contract.

How her views on unionization play into her release will be interesting. What it means for Al Black, whos career has stalled since Mania, will also be interesting. Black, like others, has huge potential to be a main eventer but is so under used its criminal. Vega is no real loss though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

𝓩𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖆 𝓥𝖊𝖌𝖆
    I support unionization.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Paige also tweeting “this sucks” so I’m expecting her release to follow soon.

Id love for folks to down tools and support her. The big stars won't and without them its pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Hogan about to tip Vince off to who's trying to unionise for one more run at the title brother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭hynesie08

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its hard to know exactly what happened here yet, but Twitch is a big earner for Wrestlers and she probably makes more without breaking a sweat using Twitch than not using it under contract.

How her views on unionization play into her release will be interesting. What it means for Al Black, whos career has stalled since Mania, will also be interesting. Black, like others, has huge potential to be a main eventer but is so under used its criminal. Vega is no real loss though.

Her and mvp carried raw on the mic during the Pc shows, she was one of the high points of a low period.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Her and mvp carried raw on the mic during the Pc shows, she was one of the high points of a low period.....

God, not for me. Zelina and Friends killed Raw for me during that period. It was awful.

I'd agree with Beaker, she isn't really a loss but she's taken a very admirable stance that might yet start a butterfly effect WWE will regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »

Aleister was a Heyman project, he's been on ice since Heyman was booted off Raw. Whether Vega is or isn't a loss on screen doesn't matter. It's the circumstances of the release.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Aleister was a Heyman project, he's been on ice since Heyman was booted off Raw. Whether Vega is or isn't a loss on screen doesn't matter. It's the circumstances of the release.

You mean how she was seemingly punished for offering an opinion ? The time of her tweet and the wwe tweet are clear it wasn’t a decision zelina took. Also, to respond to another person why shouldn’t she have said it ? With the twitch carry on someone had to say it. Yes, other wrestling companies use the independent contractor bull**** but at least there does seem to be some flexibility with the other companies.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You mean how she was seemingly punished for offering an opinion ? The time of her tweet and the wwe tweet are clear it wasn’t a decision zelina took. Also, to respond to another person why shouldn’t she have said it ? With the twitch carry on someone had to say it. Yes, other wrestling companies use the independent contractor bull**** but at least there does seem to be some flexibility with the other companies.

Ye, I think you've missed the message here. I agree this most likely is not Zelina walking away. I'm in full support of unionisation. I think WWE's wrestler contract status is a disgrace, maybe you've not read any of my messages around this board?

Basically the sentiment is, that company is a scumbag company run by people who fit that description in any number of ways, and the icing on the cake is they produce legit the dirt worst product you'll ever see. This is another example of just how horrible they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fair play her she has probably Blacklisted herself from the company now with that tweet but she had the courage of her convictions unlike Bliss who followed the party line with her statement on Independent contractor status.

Fair play her she has probably Blacklisted herself from the company now with that tweet but she had the courage of her convictions unlike Bliss who followed the party line with her statement on Independent contractor status.

You see what happens when you don't toe the company line. Doing yourself out of a job during a pandemic is silly, and expecting the wrestlers to do such is crazy. None of the blame for this should fall on the wrestlers, this is down solely on WWE and their more than questionable business practises.

Ye, I think you've missed the message here. I agree this most likely is not Zelina walking away. I'm in full support of unionisation. I think WWE's wrestler contract status is a disgrace, maybe you've not read any of my messages around this board?

Basically the sentiment is, that company is a scumbag company run by people who fit that description in any number of ways, and the icing on the cake is they produce legit the dirt worst product you'll ever see. This is another example of just how horrible they are.

Well maybe you’ve an issue with me because what I’ve highlighted in your post I’ve zero issue whatsoever with anything you’ve said. I agree 100% with it. Maybe don’t jump to conclusions about whether I agree or disagree with you.

I’m very curious how this plays with the rock who has more or less called zelina an honorary member of his family and we know WWE tries not to piss off their golden goose to legitimate main stream coverage.

Well maybe you’ve an issue with me because what I’ve highlighted in your post I’ve zero issue whatsoever with anything you’ve said. I agree 100% with it. Maybe don’t jump to conclusions about whether I agree or disagree with you.

I’m very curious how this plays with the rock who has more or less called zelina an honorary member of his family and we know WWE tries not to piss off their golden goose to legitimate main stream coverage.

Maybe this is purely miscommunication because I've legit no takes against you or vendetta against you.

I'd say this is an example all wrestlers should keep in mind when they sign for WWE and it's "family" but the choices are so limited for wrestlers, and ultimately there's literally countless red flag examples like this that should put wrestlers off signing for them. That they can't earn money on the side in their own time is just another.

Maybe this is purely miscommunication because I've legit no takes against you or vendetta against you.

I'd say this is an example all wrestlers should keep in mind when they sign for WWE and it's "family" but the choices are so limited for wrestlers, and ultimately there's literally countless red flag examples like this that should put wrestlers off signing for them. That they can't earn money on the side in their own time is just another.

I think it is miscommunication because while we may have differences of options on certain wrestlers(the young bucks for example) I will always engage with people who show they have genuine reasons for their opinions on wrestling or anything else for that matter. I may not agree with their opinions but I’ll always respect them if it’s clear it’s not a hot take and it’s genuinely held, and I’d hope it’s the same for my opinions.

I think it is miscommunication because while we may have differences of options on certain wrestlers(the young bucks for example) I will always engage with people who show they have genuine reasons for their opinions on wrestling or anything else for that matter. I may not agree with their opinions but I’ll always respect them if it’s clear it’s not a hot take and it’s genuinely held, and I’d hope it’s the same for my opinions.

Fair and I'm putting it down solely to a miscommunication. I think we're both saying the same thing on the Vega release.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

Remember the days wrestling used to be cool, now only in the darkest corners of Boards.ie will people admit their love for wrestling

Btw zelina is on her twitch channel and the level of support is amazing and she seems genuinely touched by it.

If she does happen to go to AEW how many Spanish announce tables will Black get put through week in week out.

https://www.twitch.tv/atozonyoutube

She’s clearly heartbroken(as she said a few moments ago) about what happened today. But she’s not ****ting all over WWE. Tommy dreamer and the rock are clearly good human beings. She praised triple h and Stephanie. She also showed her late fathers wrestling trophy and it’s clear she loves wrestling.

• Advertisement

Hqrry113 wrote: »
    Remember the days wrestling used to be cool, now only in the darkest corners of Boards.ie will people admit their love for wrestling

Im sure we are all here because we love pro wrestling, we just strive for better on 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The likes of Bliss probably got private assurances so she was happy to take the party line.

It really does rub me up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is so much talk about her release across 3 threads because she was released or the reason? It wasn't due to her unionisation tweet but clearly she sent it when she heard she was going.
    Although some people were getting fed up with her during the summer, it's obvious she helped fill so much time when they were on a limited roster.
    Black leaving as well may seem the next step, but I'd say Zelina is smart enough to tell him to stay until they get something else lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I’m very much not a fan of the way wwe treats their talent and how they go about business in general.. while we don’t know the full details of the ZV situation, I can see both possible sides here.. that being said, it’s entirely possible they’ll humiliate and degrade Black out of spite which would be very much in character for them.. time will tell what happens with other talent re third party apps

SAG is quite a powerful union for film and tv and the entertainment business and since the WWE is a TV based entertainment business they might be the union to get involved.

This is the president the Screen Actors Guild.

https://twitter.com/TheGabrielle_C/status/1327448234554388482?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Are WWE are scared of their wrestlers having options now. That's why they want everything under one big umbrella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Not sure if the chicken/egg about the tweet and the firing has been cleared?

No way she got released on the back of the tweet. Vince or WWE can't be that tone deaf.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Vince or WWE can't be that tone deaf.

https://imgur.com/a/7n9vZz0

I wouldn’t be too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Are WWE are scared of their wrestlers having options now. That's why they want everything under one big umbrella.

The Twitch thing is more about control over content I think. On a live stream there's plenty of scope for someone saying the wrong thing and all of a sudden, there are headlines about a WWE superstar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Not sure if the chicken/egg about the tweet and the firing has been cleared?

No way she got released on the back of the tweet. Vince or WWE can't be that tone deaf.

Think the time between her tweet and the announcement of her firing would be too small. Either that or they're very efficient and have the paperwork ready to go for every wrestler, just in case

Advertisement